Lamar Jackson pulled a Josh Allen and no one said a word.

Protocal69

14 minutes ago, QCity said:

Are you telling me that scouring the internet for any criticism, then grouping up and attacking the author of said criticism on Twitter isn't going to propel this team to success? 

If it did the Bills would have been winning Superbowls for a good few years, haha.

But on a semi serious note I think it has got worse as we have become credible and competitive. Fans have become more thin skinned because they can finally see the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow and they don't want people telling them the rainbow is going to fade before they can get there.

Edited by GunnerBill

37 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

we have seen time and time again that the media enjoys a good bills team.

Yeah, I would argue that the Bills are actually media darlings.  Who roots against the Bills in the national media?  I think we are kinda beloved but we have sucked for a lot of years.  What are they supposed to say?

also, if we do become consistently good, people are going to start hating the Bulls mafia haha.  It’s cute when they are non threatening. 

1 hour ago, GunnerBill said:

If it did the Bills would have been winning Superbowls for a good few years, haha.

But on a semi serious note I think it has got worse as we have become credible and competitive. Fans have become more thin skinned because they can finally see the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow and they don't want people telling them the rainbow is going to fade before they can get there.

Hey speaking of skinned how’d that ‘drafting Allen will bring down this regime and I will not be wrong’ thing work out for you

15 minutes ago, ProcessAccepted said:

Allens 18 rushing tds to Lamars 12 should get some credit

It does get some credit. I have seen it mentioned in multiple places over the past few days including on PFT. So who do you want this credit from and what do you want them to say? What will satisfy you that there isn't an agenda against the Bills?

Imagine the roles were reversed. Imagine Allen was the MVP last year and threw 36 TDs to 6 INTs on his way to leading the Bills to 14-2. Now imagine Lamar led the Ravens to creditable 10-6 and had a solid but more moderate output such as Allen had last year. Are you arguing that people would be saying "ah but that doesn't matter cos Lamar has more rushing touchdowns"?

The reality is the response would be exactly the same just the other way around. People would be talking about Allen as a potential superstar and saying Lamar is a young guy who has been inconsistent but still shows some signs and is a really good runner.

2 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

Hey speaking of skinned how’d that ‘drafting Allen will bring down this regime and I will not be wrong’ thing work out for you

Haha, I have a very thick skin. I have said numerous times here I didn't like the pick and I was wrong. I am now very happy we selected Josh Allen. You seem to mistake me for someone who is invested in being right. I am invested in the Bills winning. I told people to come at me if I was wrong and when people come at me over being wrong I own it. I have never, ever, been someone who fails to have strong opinions. I also never fail to own my misses. It comes with the territory.

Edited by GunnerBill
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Haha, I have a very thick skin. I have said numerous times here I didn't like the pick and I was wrong. I am now very happy we selected Josh Allen. You seem to mistake me for someone who is invested in being right. I am invested in the Bills winning. I told people to come at me if I was wrong and when people come at me over being wrong I own it. I have never, ever, been someone who fails to have strong opinions. I also never fail to own my misses. It comes with the territory.

Haha. Maybe someone who was this wrong isn't in the best position to lecture Bills fans on having thin skin regarding Allen. You do not have credibility.

GunnerBill

Hall of Famer

Members

28,305 posts

This is a mistake. It will bring down this regime. You can mark this post and you can quote it back to me any time you like in the future if I am wrong. I won't be.

Just now, GoBills808 said:

Haha. Maybe someone who was this wrong isn't in the best position to lecture Bills fans on having thin skin regarding Allen. You do not have credibility.

GunnerBill

Hall of Famer

Members

28,305 posts

This is a mistake. It will bring down this regime. You can mark this post and you can quote it back to me any time you like in the future if I am wrong. I won't be.

Is that how it works? When someone is wrong on something they lose credibility for ever? Wow. We better shut TBD down then.

• Haha (+1) 1

36 minutes ago, AirAllenPower said:

I'd take Aaron Rodgers over A Lamar Jackson everytime. His system is my biggest issue, and I simply don't agree with it. 

That being said, Baltimore could still win a championship and Lamar could be great in that system for a long time.  

1 - you know Rodgers didn’t play his first 3 years right? Lamar won a mvp in his 2nd season.  

2  - Rodgers is a top 5 qb ever

3 - how do you know Lamar won’t be good in another system?  He has been good everywhere.  Seems disingenuous to say he won’t.  

why is is so hard for Bills fans to give him credit for being really good?  

• Thank you (+1) 1

On this particular subject, yes. Your opinions on Allen lack objectivity and can be safely ignored.

See on this it is YOU who is wrong. I am objective on Allen because I have no investment in being right. I have been on this board a long time. The posters who have engaged with me a long time know very well that I am not someone who dies on hills when I am wrong. Only an idiot sees everything a player does in the league through a prism of how they see them when they were drafted. That isn't what I do on Allen, it isn't what I do on any player. Bill or otherwise.

On this particular subject, yes. Your opinions on Allen lack objectivity and can be safely ignored.

Stop.  Gunner is one of the most level headed, best posters on this board.  I will say it was strong take but he has given him credit when he deserves it but let’s not pretend like Allen is a top 10 qb yet.  

im sure if people cared, there are plenty of things you were terribly wrong on. I will admit one of my extremely rare mistakes is that I didn’t think Gase was an awful coach.  I was completely wrong on that.  It’s a weird feeling to be wrong. 😞

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

I did give him credit. I said Lamar can be and is great in the rpo, Roman system. They could win a super bowl,  maybe more. I simply disagree with that philosophy on offense. 

I did say pre draft if a team fully committed to Lamar's skill set and ran rpo , navy option stuff, he'd be incredible.  But if a team tried to make him Dan Marino it wouldn't work 

2 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

1 - you know Rodgers didn’t play his first 3 years right? Lamar won a mvp in his 2nd season.  

2  - Rodgers is a top 5 qb ever

3 - how do you know Lamar won’t be good in another system?  He has been good everywhere.  Seems disingenuous to say he won’t.  

why is is so hard for Bills fans to give him credit for being really good?  

Because for some reason Lamar being good means Josh is not as good is what it seems. Some weird stuff on these boards. Just like Tyrod Taylor can only be awful and Josh is great. I just read how Kyler Murray is not a real QB like Josh is. Only Josh can be good and nothing else is allowed. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, ngbills said:

Because for some reason Lamar being good means Josh is not as good is what it seems. Some weird stuff on these boards. Just like Tyrod Taylor can only be awful and Josh is great. I just read how Kyler Murray is not a real QB like Josh is. Only Josh can be good and nothing else is allowed. 

If I say Lamar is great , that means I don't think hes great lol

If Aaron Rodgers ran the triple option,  would he be good? If not does that mean Aaron Rodgers sucks?

Logic ppl use logic

1 minute ago, GunnerBill said:

See on this it is YOU who is wrong. I am objective on Allen because I have no investment in being right. I have been on this board a long time. The posters who have engaged with me a long time know very well that I am not someone who dies on hills when I am wrong. Only an idiot sees everything a player does in the league through a prism of how they see them when they were drafted. That isn't what I do on Allen, it isn't what I do on any player. Bill or otherwise.

Exactly what am I wrong on? That you're unable to judge Allen objectively? You said drafting him would kill this franchise before he'd even taken an NFL snap!

1 minute ago, AirAllenPower said:

I did give him credit. I said Lamar can be and is great in the rpo, Roman system. They could win a super bowl,  maybe more. I simply disagree with that philosophy on offense. 

I did say pre draft if a team fully committed to Lamar's skill set and ran rpo , navy option stuff, he'd be incredible.  But if a team tried to make him Dan Marino it wouldn't work 

You literally have no idea if that’s true or not.  He was throwing dimes on Sunday and had 3 td passes after leading the nfl in tds the year before.

if Allen had A Heisman/ MVP, this board would destroy anyone for putting him down and talking about what system he would be good in.