Lamar Jackson pulled a Josh Allen and no one said a word.

Protocal69

This thread is awesome!

OP:  Ingram was able to make the catch.....Edit:  he did not make the catch!

Lol

Anyway, maybe no one "said a word" because it was week 1 and , also.....it was in the setting of Jackson painting an 80% completion, 3 TD (no turnover) 11 YPA masterpiece.

Exactly what "words" was the OP expecting?  And from whom?  

Edited by Mr. WEO

2 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

This thread is awesome!

OP:  Ingram was able to make the catch.....Edit:  he did not make the catch!

Lol

Anyway, maybe no one "said a word" because it was wet 1 and , also.....it was in the setting of Jackson painting an 80% completion, 3 TD (no turnover) 11 YPA masterpiece.

Exactly what "words" was the OP expecting?  And from whom?  

yea, that Lamar has earned more leash isn’t exactly breaking news to most. 

I’ve been a Lamar skeptic but the dude is still consistently doing it 

Just now, NoSaint said:

yea, that Lamar has earned more leash isn’t exactly breaking news to most. 

I’ve been a Lamar skeptic but the dude is still consistently doing it 

We were assured here last season that his game was impossible to sustain

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, whatdrought said:

I think it has more to do with situational basis, but it's all idiotic anyways... Should allen have done it? No. But if Knox catches it and runs it down to the five, Allen is a hero. 

This!

I've watched it numerous times and obviously Knox didn't expect that. If he stayed back he actually could've made a play on the ball. Instead when Josh was going down he ran to where the play was in the event in case the ball came out. It's actually what players are trained to do. Instead we have another GIF for haters to enjoy.

Also Lamar threw a terrible endzone pass to a wide open TE Andrews yesterday. Well off target over his head. Not as bad as Josh's but bad nonetheless. And he was flat footed in the pocket, not rolling to the left against his body. But because Andrews made a sensational leaping one handed grab it's no harm no foul. 

Edited by billsbackto81

8 hours ago, MJS said:

The only thing I think needs mentioning between the two of them is everyone is worried sick about Allen getting hurt when running it but nobody seems to care if Jackson runs it a lot. Why is that? Let both of them do what they are good at.

Exactly.  Jackson is smaller with a thinner build.  Murray is tiny but seems to be thicker than Jackson.

57 minutes ago, transient said:

I wasn't trashing Brady, I was pointing out that your dismissal as a "throwaway" of what was more likely just a really terrible pass in order to negate the comparison to Allen's clunker didn't actually fit the game narrative.  Thanks for the healthy serving of condescension in the reply, though. It went perfectly with the side of gratuitous TB12 ballwashing.

My reply, while quoting you, was aimed at the one that used that play as a example of the media/social media hating on Josh Allen while giving others a pass.  If admitting that a superstar has earned the right to not be flamed for every mistake they make  is “ball washing”, hand me the brush.  I’m not ashamed

18 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

We were assured here last season that his game was impossible to sustain

I tend not to push the chips in til these guys do it with the diminished roster around a franchise qb pay check but he’s checking a lot of boxes most weeks. Still would like to see some more pure qb games against top defenses but he’s earned not to be nit picked these days 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

I tend not to push the chips in til these guys do it with the diminished roster around a franchise qb pay check but he’s checking a lot of boxes most weeks. Still would like to see some more pure qb games against top defenses but he’s earned not to be nit picked these days 

He's steady so far.  It was the Browns...but the Bills couldn't spank them last year, so....

15 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

I ain't mad but a lot of Bills fans seem to be that more people are not tweeting that Lamar is the worstest. 

I think that's not entirely accurate. What people are saying is that when Lamar makes a bad play it's "move along there's nothing to see here." The MVP last year for me was a good selection, no problem with Lamar getting it. I think where the problem comes from and why people point out Lamar's mistakes is that is all that gets said about Josh. People are just saying hold on a minute, remember you were just roasting Josh the exact same thing.

There is bias in the league for certain teams. The guy they've tagged as wildly inaccurate just had a >71% completion rate with 312 yards passing. You never hear about the # of 4th quarter comebacks or 18 rushing touchdown. It is what is it. Personally I'm happy to have #17 and how his work effort and rate of improvement. Oh and yes, Lamar is great too.

11 minutes ago, ProcessAccepted said:

I think that's not entirely accurate. What people are saying is that when Lamar makes a bad play it's "move along there's nothing to see here." The MVP last year for me was a good selection, no problem with Lamar getting it. I think where the problem comes from and why people point out Lamar's mistakes is that is all that gets said about Josh. People are just saying hold on a minute, remember you were just roasting Josh the exact same thing.

There is bias in the league for certain teams. The guy they've tagged as wildly inaccurate just had a >71% completion rate with 312 yards passing. You never hear about the # of 4th quarter comebacks or 18 rushing touchdown. It is what is it. Personally I'm happy to have #17 and how his work effort and rate of improvement. Oh and yes, Lamar is great too.

But the reason the Lamar failed lateral hasn't been mentioned and Josh's was has nothing to do with unfair treatment, or narrative. It is the context of the two are completely different. 

That is what is at dispute here. Once people start conflating that with "yea but this guy said that bad thing about Josh and he just had 300 yards" you are into a different conversation. But Bills fans need to get over this paranoia they have about their treatment by the media. Do other franchises get more benefit of the doubt? Yes. Because they have earned it. That has nothing to do with the laterals. Nothing at all. 

Bills fans need to learn how to be fans of a successful team. Because the Bills are finally good. 

• Like (+1) 2

22 hours ago, H2o said:

I think the reason being is that the Ravens were demolishing the Browns and it wasn't during a Playoff game. 

This..if they had just lost a playoff game and EVERYONE saw this...same deal...he would have gotten a TON of heat...but instead they demolished a team in a opening game and overall it had ZERO effect on the outcome..same play but in 2 totally DIFFERENT circumstances.

Thats the difference and why little was said/

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

But the reason the Lamar failed lateral hasn't been mentioned and Josh's was has nothing to do with unfair treatment, or narrative. It is the context of the two are completely different. 

That is what is at dispute here. Once people start conflating that with "yea but this guy said that bad thing about Josh and he just had 300 yards" you are into a different conversation. But Bills fans need to get over this paranoia they have about their treatment by the media. Do other franchises get more benefit of the doubt? Yes. Because they have earned it. That has nothing to do with the laterals. Nothing at all. 

Bills fans need to learn how to be fans of a successful team. Because the Bills are finally good. 

I don't disagree. It's just if you go on YouTube looking for post game stuff that all you hear from the established sources. I'm fine with people having a chip on their shoulder about it. I do think the bump in positive press the Browns got for picking Mayfield (year 1) was too quick of a transition regardless of context. I'm way more excited at where the Buffalo Bills than where the Browns are.. 

2 minutes ago, ProcessAccepted said:

I don't disagree. It's just if you go on YouTube looking for post game stuff that all you hear from the established sources. I'm fine with people having a chip on their shoulder about it. I do think the bump in positive press the Browns got for picking Mayfield (year 1) was too quick of a transition regardless of context. I'm way more excited at where the Buffalo Bills than where the Browns are.. 

The bump they got for picking a rookie QB who went on to break the rookie TD record? You think if Allen had done that the press would have said it was a bad thing?

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

we have seen time and time again that the media enjoys a good bills team.

• Thank you (+1) 1

36 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Bills fans need to learn how to be fans of a successful team. 

Are you telling me that scouring the internet for any criticism, then grouping up and attacking the author of said criticism on Twitter isn't going to propel this team to success? 

• Haha (+1) 2