Lamar Jackson pulled a Josh Allen and no one said a word.

Protocal69

Just now, HappyDays said:

People haven't reacted to the play, that's the point. I didn't even know it happened until it was posted here. Allen has a pre-draft reputation that certain people will never get around so every dumb play he makes will be magnified a hundred times. It is what it is.

Well part of that is you don't follow a load of Baltimore twitter accounts and the other part is Q1, W1, blowout win. It is totally insignificant. 

The Allen one got attention because of when as much as because of who. 

Just now, HappyDays said:

Allen in the 2nd half of a week 1 blowout missed one pass badly and it is the only play certain members of the media are posting. Like I said, some of these analysts will never get over it.

Conflation. Completely different point. The point this thread was trying to make is "same exact situation and nobody mentions it!"

The response to which is - it wasn't the same situation. Not even close. 

Do I think there are people out there guy in on Josh Allen? Yes. Do I think that is why the two failed laterals attracted different levels of attention? Of course it isn't.

17 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

If Josh puts up an MVP season they will treat him like favre and not nit pick everything. As is, he hasn’t proven them wrong yet, as much as we all think he’s taking the first steps in doing so. 

He has actually already proven the initial pre-draft opinion about him wrong. I say that as someone that was one of his biggest detractors. He is already a starting caliber QB, it's now just a matter of where his ceiling is. The way certain analysts talk about him you'd think he couldn't hit a pass to save his life. I guess I expect more from purported football experts.

Edited by HappyDays
  • Like (+1) 2

3 hours ago, GoBills808 said:

I like to talk football, not about other posters. If you have something to say to me put it in a PM. Nobody wants to read your opinion of other people on the internet.

3 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

Who says I was talking about you? It was a comment on the fanbase. 

You mad, bros?

7 minutes ago, TheElectricCompany said:

We don't need to tear down Lamar's game to prop up Josh's.

Best post in the thread. But that is what we do around here. I don't know whether it is the small market thing or all the years of losing or whether it is more of a cultural Buffalo thing. But so many Bills fans have this ravenous paranoia about the team not getting the level of respect they believe they are due.

1 minute ago, Gugny said:

You mad, bros?

I ain't mad but a lot of Bills fans seem to be that more people are not tweeting that Lamar is the worstest. 

They should follow you Gug. You are the king of that bandwagon. 😁

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, ProcessAccepted said:

Your statements are true, however I think that the sports media have determined that certain teams get treated differently than others. The Bills have a certain narrative that's been established while the Ravens have a different one. Another example is Cam Newton. Watch and see how differently they report on him this year. 

It's ok though, the Bills organization is mentally strong enough not to let this distract them.

It’s not a narrative it’s a commentary based on careers/history.

Lamar is the league MVP. Mahommes is the SB MVP and an absolute stud. Of course they get less criticism for bad throws compared to a guy who has never completed 60% of his passes in a single season at any level. Who also led an NFL offense to a whopping 19 points per game. 

If/when Allen can start to string together multiple dominant performances and bring his floor up, you will see him get more credit. Until then, that Houston lateral and missing Brown in the EZ wide open are just heaped on to a pile of 100 other bad throws, decisions, etc.

We all operate this way. The guys who make less mistakes/perform better at work get more slack when they make mistakes than the guys who seem to commit them regularly. I don’t really get the point. Events don’t happen in a vacuum. 

• Sad 1

5 hours ago, NewEra said:

Brady threw into triple coverage and it looked obvious to me that it was a throwaway.

...which means it was a horrible decision by a 20 year veteran to throw the ball away on a 2 pt conversion... or it was just a terrible throw.

17 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I ain't mad but a lot of Bills fans seem to be that more people are not tweeting that Lamar is the worstest. 

They should follow you Gug. You are the king of that bandwagon. 😁

I have already admitted that I was wrong about Jackson, even though I still think it's a little early to crown him.  I'd like to see him/the Ravens win some playoff games first.  But I can definitely say that he's not a "bad QB," like I predicted he would be.   My prediction that Allen ends up with the better career still stands!

• Like (+1) 1

32 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I don't know whether it is the small market thing or all the years of losing or whether it is more of a cultural Buffalo thing. But so many Bills fans have this ravenous paranoia about the team not getting the level of respect they believe they are due.

There is a Buffalo type/mindset...it's easy to see when you leave town, but hard to put into words. That's for another conversation.

Josh is showing improvement, and I think this will be best season yet. I want to see him square off against Mahomes or Jackson in January

Edited by TheElectricCompany
  • Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Protocal69 said:

You should really learned the difference between FACT vs Opinion and stop critiquing people when its obvious that you do not have the intelligence to do.

Perhaps merely posting in this thread has lowered my intelligence. I guess it's just fashionable to be outraged these days.

26 minutes ago, transient said:

...which means it was a horrible decision by a 20 year veteran to throw the ball away on a 2 pt conversion... or it was just a terrible throw.

Yes....over the course of playing football for 20 years, every QB will leave terrible plays on the field. The best aren’t scrutinized because the bring “being the best of the best” to the field every game.   They win championships and drub teams weekly.  They earned the right to not be trashed every time they make a terrible play. That’s life

Edited by NewEra

7 hours ago, whatdrought said:

I think it has more to do with situational basis, but it's all idiotic anyways... Should allen have done it? No. But if Knox catches it and runs it down to the five, Allen is a hero. 

It wasn’t possible, the defenders were right there, that’s why Knox batted it out immediately. That’s what made the play so dumb.

9 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Yes....over the course of playing football for 20 years, every QB will leave terrible plays on the field. The best aren’t scrutinized because the bring “being the best of the best” to the field every game.   They win championships and drub teams weekly.  They earned the right to not be trashed every time they make a terrible play. That’s life

I wasn't trashing Brady, I was pointing out that your dismissal as a "throwaway" of what was more likely just a really terrible pass in order to negate the comparison to Allen's clunker didn't actually fit the game narrative.  Thanks for the healthy serving of condescension in the reply, though. It went perfectly with the side of gratuitous TB12 ballwashing.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

57 minutes ago, QCity said:

Perhaps merely posting in this thread has lowered my intelligence. I guess it's just fashionable to be outraged these days.

People at the end of day have a right to their opinion. I just do not like when it goes past just someone stating said opinion to looking like they got an axe to grind with something or someone in the disguise of objectivity.

1 hour ago, HappyDays said:

He has actually already proven the initial pre-draft opinion about him wrong. I say that as someone that was one of his biggest detractors. He is already a starting caliber QB, it's now just a matter of where his ceiling is. The way certain analysts talk about him you'd think he couldn't hit a pass to save his life. I guess I expect more from purported football experts.

Do yourself a favor and look at what these guys were saying on April 26th 2018. Analysts and present company included.