Lamar Jackson pulled a Josh Allen and no one said a word.

Protocal69

7 minutes ago, eball said:

The play happened in the first quarter of a scoreless game.  Try again?

That doesn't matter though. The eventual outcome was a week 1 blowout so nobody goes back to the bust of a play in the first quarter. That is just common sense.

5 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

Do we really want to bring up playoff meltdowns in defense of Jackson lol

Nobody is defending Jackson. People are just saying calm down on the outrage.

7 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

Do we really want to bring up playoff meltdowns in defense of Jackson lol

I mean, we are discussing why a blooper in a regionally televised week 1 blow out win is getting less attention than a blooper in a nationally televised playoff game that was lost.

i wasn’t trying to comment on either player.  just that it’s wildly different context and audiences.

Edited by NoSaint
  • Thank you (+1) 2

Just now, NoSaint said:

I mean, we are discussing why a blooper in a regionally televised week 1 blow out win is getting more attention than a blooper in a nationally televised playoff game that was lost.

i wasn’t trying to comment on either player.  just that it’s wildly different context and audiences.

Forget chips on the shoulder.... some of our posters have a whole bag of potatoes.

• Haha (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Forget chips on the shoulder.... some of our posters have a whole bag of potatoes.

I like to talk football, not about other posters. If you have something to say to me put it in a PM. Nobody wants to read your opinion of other people on the internet.

28 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

I like to talk football, not about other posters. If you have something to say to me put it in a PM. Nobody wants to read your opinion of other people on the internet.

I mean, it’s a thread about how people are reacting to the plays and you are having a reaction.

ironically it’s nearly the only thread where you could kind of accidentally make yourself the topic and it be relevant content to discuss 

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

I mean, it’s a thread about how people are reacting to the plays and you are having a reaction.

ironically it’s nearly the only thread where you could kind of accidentally make yourself the topic and it be relevant content to discuss 

I'm certainly not opposed to discussing reactions. That's the reason forums like these exist. I think making personal judgements on people who share their reactions is pointless. 

3 hours ago, NewEra said:

He spoke for himself.  

If you don’t understand at this point, I can’t help you

Brady threw into triple coverage.  It was a throwaway.  

mahomes attempted a no look pass.  Josh was looking 

It was a 2-pt convert.  You don't throw the ball away in those instances.  

Mahomes was looking and threw a terrible pass (Allen's though was admittedly worse).

1 hour ago, NoSaint said:

that and one was a nationally televised playoff game in the middle of a melt down. 

Lamar Jackson has melted down in two nationally televised playoff games. It's okay to admit the media is biased against Josh Allen. It's meaningless to his success but you'd have to be blind to not see it.

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, Protocal69 said:

I guess I wasnt the only one who noticed the same thing but the twobillsdrive boys want to call me out.

"I found some random people on Twitter that agree with me, I told you guys the Earth was flat!"

15 minutes ago, QCity said:

"I found some random people on Twitter that agree with me, I told you guys the Earth was flat!"

smh poor analogy. you are taking what  my opinion and some others and other comparing to a bunch of idiots that are making statements about the earth being flat which are totally false based on FACT and not opinion based.

You should really learned the difference between FACT vs Opinion and stop critiquing people when its obvious that you do not have the intelligence to do.

Edited by Protocal69

1 hour ago, HappyDays said:

Lamar Jackson has melted down in two nationally televised playoff games. It's okay to admit the media is biased against Josh Allen. It's meaningless to his success but you'd have to be blind to not see it.

you mean the same ones the questioned Lamar coming out too?

If Josh puts up an MVP season they will treat him like favre and not nit pick everything. As is, he hasn’t proven them wrong yet, as much as we all think he’s taking the first steps in doing so. 

1 hour ago, HappyDays said:

That isn't the reason that people have reacted differently to this play though. You'd have to be paranoid to believe that. 

1 minute ago, GunnerBill said:

That isn't the reason that people have reacted differently to this play though. You'd have to be paranoid to believe that. 

People haven't reacted to the play, that's the point. I didn't even know it happened until it was posted here. Allen has a pre-draft reputation that certain people will never get around so every dumb play he makes will be magnified a hundred times. It is what it is.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Protocal69 said:

I guess I wasnt the only one who noticed the same thing but the twobillsdrive boys want to call me out.

More paranoid Bills fans with chips on their shoulders. Lamar in Q1 of a W1 blowout vs Josh in Q4 of a tight playoff game. One getting more attention than the other is just common sense. 

What that has to do with Josh yesterday I have no idea. But when you have a paranoia about the world having an anti Buffalo agenda maybe conflating points helps these guys feel better. 

I have said it numerous times this offseason but Bills fans are really gonna have to get used to what it is like to be a fan of a team that is actually good. The BBFS is real. 

Just now, GunnerBill said:

Lamar in Q1 of a W1 blowout vs Josh in Q4 of a tight playoff game.

Allen in the 2nd half of a week 1 blowout missed one pass badly and it is the only play certain members of the media are posting. Like I said, some of these analysts will never get over it.

• Like (+1) 2