Lamar Jackson pulled a Josh Allen and no one said a word.

Protocal69

1 minute ago, Protocal69 said:

I miss by 10 or 15 feet, it’s still a bad miss. There you go again talking out of your ass. 

There you go getting agrees I’ve again.  

If you don’t think there’s a difference between Pat Mahomes missing a no look pass badly and Josh Allen missing that pass to brown badly I don’t know what to say.  It’s NOT the same thing.  If Mahomes was looking, we wouldn’t be talking about it.  It would’ve been a TD.  He’s the best player in the league.  He can do whatever he wants.  He’s completed no look passes before. He’s a magician with his arm.  When Allen can reach Mahomes greatness, people won’t be bashing him either. 

Mahomes has earned it.  Josh has not.  Don’t be so butt hurt because people bash your QB and don’t bash super bowl mvps and league mvps

12 minutes ago, NewEra said:

I was just referencing the original tweets.  Brady’s throw was nothing like joshs miss.  Brown was WIDE open.  Brady threw into triple coverage and it looked obvious to me that it was a throwaway.

Mahomes was closer to his target and he was looking the other way.  

I’m not bagging on Josh.  I’m just saying, that the comparisons aren’t viable imo.  

Oh, I didn't mention Allen. I was only talking about Mahomes.

• Like (+1) 1

Jackson has won an MVP.

Mahomes threw 50 TD's in one season. He threw for 5000 yards in a season. Josh has thrown 32 TD's and ~5000 yards in his career and sub 60% completion rate. 

And we are crying he gets criticized for bad plays more than those guys? That is how it goes in any sport. Tre White gives up a TD he is given much more slack than Levi Wallace right? If it is Levi this board would be screaming to bench Levi. White gets some slack because he has earned it. And it actually is warranted. I can guarantee in many less attempts Allen has missed open WR at a much higher percentage than Mahomes, Brees, Brady, etc. Josh has a decent number of those in many less passes. So yes, they will be pointed out until he is not that guy anymore. 

• Thank you (+1) 2

15 minutes ago, ngbills said:

Jackson has won an MVP.

Mahomes threw 50 TD's in one season. He threw for 5000 yards in a season. Josh has thrown 32 TD's and ~5000 yards in his career and sub 60% completion rate. 

And we are crying he gets criticized for bad plays more than those guys? That is how it goes in any sport. Tre White gives up a TD he is given much more slack than Levi Wallace right? If it is Levi this board would be screaming to bench Levi. White gets some slack because he has earned it. And it actually is warranted. I can guarantee in many less attempts Allen has missed open WR at a much higher percentage than Mahomes, Brees, Brady, etc. Josh has a decent number of those in many less passes. So yes, they will be pointed out until he is not that guy anymore. 

I could care less if he gets critiqued.......it will keep the chip on his shoulder

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, GoBills808 said:

It was 0-0 game in the first quarter. The narrative is what it is

Yes but it ended up a week 1 blowout win that is why people haven't gone back to it.

People have to really get over the paranoia. There is not a great anti Bills agenda out there. 

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, GunnerBill said:

Yes but it ended up a week 1 blowout win that is why people haven't gone back to it.

People have to really get over the paranoia. There is not a great anti Bills agenda out there. 

It's not paranoia to say Allen put up one of the best lines across the league and people still can't give him his due

He's arrived time to get used to it

Others have already pointed out the game situation:

0-0 in 1st quarter of week 1

vs

down by 3 with 1 minute left in the 4th quarter of a playoff game

I'll point out that the play itself isn't all that similar either. Ingram is a Running Back, and was pretty clearly an option for Jackson to pitch to on this play. Knox is a Tight End, and was never an option to pitch to. 

Last point: Jacksons lateral hit Ingram in the hands. Josh completely missed Knox. 

2 hours ago, Protocal69 said:

In the Browns Vs Ravens game on Sunday Lamar Jackson attempted the SAME type of no look lateral pass Josh Allen attempted to get to Knox in the playoff game.

It was not the same type of play at all.

That was a designed option from the moment the ball was snapped and it was the RB's fault for not being ready.

If he had been executing properly, he probably would have scored.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Mark Vader said:

I saw that.

No one is saying anything because that game was a blowout.

2 hours ago, H2o said:

I think the reason being is that the Ravens were demolishing the Browns and it wasn't during a Playoff game. 

The play happened in the first quarter of a scoreless game.  Try again?

2 hours ago, Protocal69 said:

In the Browns Vs Ravens game on Sunday Lamar Jackson attempted the SAME type of no look lateral pass Josh Allen attempted to get to Knox in the playoff game. Ingram had no idea it was coming but was still able to make the catch. All the commentators said was no harm no foul. Any difference was Lamar when for yards and Allen did not but the playmaker in them both tried it

Edit Ingram DID NOT MAKE THE CATCH!

https://drive.google.com/file/d/10cVfSePEmgzCPDsPu0aOi3WbQuAf0HcK/view?usp=drivesdk

that and one was a nationally televised playoff game in the middle of a melt down. 

He the wild inaccurate Qb.  He may never get past the narrative around his draft breakdown.  A few weeks throwing the ball over the yard and winning helps.  I think it comes down to the 4 primetime games.  He puts on a performance like Sunday without the fumbles the overall media may change there toon.