Would You Trade For Zach Ertz?

Buffalo03

The Eagles have two TEs and Dallas Goedert seems to have a big role in that offense. He actually seemed to be more effective than Ertz toward the end of last season and he out targeted Ertz on Sunday. Apparently, Ertz got into an argument with Howie Roseman in practice last week as well so, there could be some possible issues there. I wouldn't mind calling the Eagles just to see if they would be interested in doing something but a TE like Ertz in this offense would be great imo

No.  I wouldn’t want to pay a 29 year old Ertz what he’s looking for.  Good player, he’d make us better and give us an even better chance at winning the SB, but it would likely put a wrench in Beanes current plan.  I think Beane has a good plan.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

If Julie comes along with him as our new kicker, might be worth considering? 

7 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Knox looked pretty good to me Week 1

I'll take Ertz, no doubt, but with the WR's we know we have and the TE we think we have, not sure tying up assets in another TE is wise.

He did make a very nice catch... was gronkesque on that one play anyway 

13 minutes ago, Buffalo03 said:

The Eagles have two TEs and Dallas Goedert seems to have a big role in that offense. He actually seemed to be more effective than Ertz toward the end of last season and he out targeted Ertz on Sunday. Apparently, Ertz got into an argument with Howie Roseman in practice last week as well so, there could be some possible issues there. I wouldn't mind calling the Eagles just to see if they would be interested in doing something but a TE like Ertz in this offense would be great imo

For a high round pick? Sure. But doubt Philly would do that. Under what scenario would this even be possible?

28 minutes ago, Buffalo03 said:

Why?  What does it accomplish other than putting the team in much worse cap trouble next season?  Since you seem to think this is a great idea, please tell us who all you plan to cut next season to pay for Ertz and all the other players that need to be re-signed like Milano, extensions to Edwards, and Allan for starters?  The method to being successful in the NFL these days is to get good to decent play from rookies ion cheap contracts sprinkled in with high priced high skilled players.  There's 3 or 4 threads already discussing whether the Bills will be able to afford Milano next year already and you're just trying to make it worse.

Knox had think it was 2 catches on 3 targets I saw??  With the WR the Bills have it makes more sense to play 3 WR than 2 TE to start with.  And even with whomever is at TE with the WR's the team has, how many targets is the TE actually going to see?  Will be surprised if Knox's numbers this year are much better than last year mainly because he won't be targeted as much.  Your logic is to sit or take focus away from a cheap rookie contract for potentially a small improvement. 

And lastly we really have no idea how good Knox may even be and by bringing in someone like Ertz, you're taking playing time away from Knox so we may never know.  Take away last seasons drops from Knox and he had a hell of a rookie season considering how weak the overall offense still was.

Stick to your day job!

Teams do dumb things all the time.  Who is to say the Eagles won;t trade him for less than he is worth.  Maybe he has pissed people off in the organization.  Hopkins, Jamal Adams, and Earl Thomas are recent examples of guys that were moved for curious reasons.  

Would I trade Kroft and a 2nd round pick and give Ertz a decent sized contract, yes.

Knox looks like he can be great but a mentor like Ertz would go a long way.  

Philly will play a few more games before they consider making a move