How many tickets have you gotten?

Halloween Land

1 bull#### parking ticket (blocking a "driveway" which was overgrown with grass as part of a lawn, in front of a fence!) and have been pulled over 3 times, and issued warnings: tail-light out, expired registration and once for "being in the wrong neighborhood at the wrong time of night" after getting of the interstate at the wrong exit.  Never a ticket for a moving violation.  Lots of people say I am a perfect driver!  :)

14 hours ago, WotAGuy said:

You get pulled over once a month and get warnings every time?  You must have the leprechaun at the end of the rainbow up your ass. 🤣

6 hours ago, LeviF91 said:

I’m pretty charming 😎

And he has big hands ...

I once pulled over once because I rigged up a stuffed human leg and had some of it hanging out of my trunk. Had clothes on it and and shoe on the foot. Cop pulled me and said I couldn't do that because it looked too real and they had been getting calls about my vehicle stating that someone was kidnapped and hanging out my trunk.

I refuse to say anything about other times I was pulled over.

Edited by Patrick_Duffy

I would get one about every 6 months as a kid.  But have only gotten one in the last 20+ years.  I really don’t speed much unless you count 7 miles over the limit speeding.

My dog barfed in my car and I had to go home, clean it up and then take her back to Camp Bow Wow.  That made me very, very late and I was rushing.  I got nailed for 70 in a 55 on 290.  I was new to Buffalo and now know that’s a speed trap. 

Get two in a month in 97. None since. Lesson learned.

Strangest ticket: Facing the wrong way parked on the right side of the street. Christmas morning at 2:25 am no less. I stopped at a buddies on the Eastside for some Xmas drinks. With all the snow and the direction I was coming from it was easier to park that way. I stayed the night and in the morning found the ticket. 

The woman at City Hall looked at and said " In my 23 years. I've never seen this." I told her I was sorry someone had to work Christmas, but c'mon.

To my surprise, she dismissed it.

1 speeding ticket... was going 2 over in a 30 zone on RT 16 in Franklinville, just moved to Allegany, was driving our second car there at like 1:30 in the morning, no speed signs and GPS said it was 35....prick cop! Reduced to noise violation.

Only other time I got ticketed was when my friend convinced me we needed to turn fine cigars into blunts and we needed Chinese food but we didn't have a vehicle that was on the road.

We switched plates from my old car I hadn't turned in yet, I had no insurance, no registration, no inspection... Cops swarmed us as we were leaving a parking lot and ended up letting us drive home to smoke some more and eat our Chinese as long as we didnt venture out again...got all including a felony dropped to only  a noise violation.

• Like (+1) 1

four

1) Speeding - written as 82 in a 55. There's no way the car I owned could even go that fast. I still pled guilty, the judge took pity and reduced the fine

2) No front plate - work van, no bracket for a front plate, so we just kept it on the dash. Only a $60 fine, so just paid it through the mail, and rigged up some screws to hold the plate on the bumper

3) Speeding in a construction zone - Cresting over a hill, and right there was the start of the zone, I had slowed down some, but not enough. Trooper wrote it up as no turn signal when changing lanes

4) Passing a stopped school bus - I still will say the lights were still yellow as I went by, the DA ended up knocking it down to two parking tickets, didn't even have to go to court

Times pulled over and no ticket

1) Speeding on the 219 - Told the cop I hadn't seen any speed limit signs since I got on, thought it was 65, not 55, he hands me back my license, gets in his car and left. I waited a few minutes, thinking he was checking, then took off

2) Possible trespassing - I was looking in an empty storefront window because my current employer was thinking of moving our store to that location. And it was after 9 at night. On Memorial Day. 

3) Headlight out - I had noticed it earlier so I stopped and bought a new headlight. Cop let me go because I showed him I had just bought the new headlight, but couldn't replace it till I got home and had tools. This was back when you replaced the whole headlight, not just the bulb. 

3 in college. 2 on I-86 (Rte 17 back then), both 72 in a 55. They wouldn’t bat an eye today. Got a 66 in a 55 on a back route to Fredonia near midnight on Thanksgiving. 27 years since then, no tickets.

And that’s including me totally running a red light in Charlotte and t-boning another car. I had picked up my apartment keys 20 minutes earlier and was going to meet friends for lunch. I got turned around because everything was named “Ballantyne” Commons, Way, etc. The cop on the scene said the light had just been put in like 2 weeks prior and was difficult to see with the trees in the median. No ticket issued. They put in a “Traffic Signal Ahead” sign about 4 months later. She sued me but USAA took care of it and I didn’t even have to go to court.

Currently waiting for the other shoe to drop.

On 9/15/2020 at 10:22 AM, Halloween Land said:

Inspired by the speeding ticket post, i'm curious as to how many people on this board have gotten tickets? How many and for what reason? 

I have gotten 4 tickets total. (2 speeding tickets, one for using my phone as a GPS as I was holding my phone and then another for causing an accident). 

Two, both by the same multi-township police department.  

One for going 47 in a 35. It's a straight country road way out in the middle of nowhere.  Used to be 45, the township dropped it to 35 for no reason other than to write tickets.  I was on my way home from work shortly after the signs were changed after a crap day and was daydreaming for a minute.  I drove on the road every day at that point.  I should have known better, but it's still aggravating that the limit was changed in the first place because it's still way too slow for that road.

One for driving with an expired inspection sticker. Tag was about a week out.  I knew it.  I had an appointment at the shop literally the next day. Cop pulled up next to me at a traffic light, pulled in behind me after the light turned green and followed me for a little while. Long enough to run the plate and see if I was going to commit any other infractions presumably. 

Fortunately, I don't work in the same place and my in-laws moved out of that township so I very rarely have to drive through there anymore. 

There is an interesting road near where I live that, according to the signs, has a different speed limit depending on which direction you are going.  It's 35 going up the hill and 25 going down.  And it's a hill, not like a mountain, and the road is straight.  I don't think it's intentional but the road defines a township/borough border also so it could be.  Depending on how the border runs, the uphill side is in the township and the downhill side is in the borough so, theoretically, they are each responsible for signing their respective side of the road if they each own half the road.  Dumb crap like that happens in PA all the time, the joys of a Commonwealth and local control.  There was a bridge over RR tracks nearby that essentially fell down because two bordering municipalities claimed that they didn't own the bridge so neither of them paid to fix it...ever.  It first closed in 2008 after a the decking fell through.  They didn't replace it, they patched it.  It closed again in 2019 to be replaced when the state finally agreed to pay for it and it has been closed since 2019 because Amtrak is holding it up.  Giant traffic nightmare for a dinky little bridge that somehow nobody owned.  The article is from 2008!  I worked there then and this was a PIA at that time, it's much worse now.

https://www.southernchestercountyweeklies.com/news/borough-e-caln-working-to-re-open-chestnut-st-bridge/article_787246c3-c3f5-5402-9682-652bc57634dc.html

Edited by That's No Moon