Diggs VS draft

Dat

If Ruggs didn't get dinging up and miss a qtr he probable has that TD and is 6  92  1. Ruggs looks like a better version of T. Hill, the CB's were playing so far back it looked strange. I can see the Raiders getting him involved on more dig, quick comeback, slant, corner and get him involved on more screen plays. Ruggs is going to be a super star player bye week 5. 

• Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Well, Brady and Wilson weren’t 1st rounders so it’s not exactly apples to apples.  I was really high on Lamb and it is a good class.  But Diggs is huge for us. 

I guess the way to look at it is easier to bring a young receiver in when you have an established guy.  Diggs is perfect for Allen. 

Justin Jefferson the 5th wr picked would have been the first shot for the bills without attempting to move up.

So it’s hard to think Lamb was ever an option.

Be that as it may, my point is after the guy becomes Jerry Rice everyone would have taken him first overall.  I’m not sure there was even a consensus on who the best wr in the draft was, much less how it will actually turn out.  

Will be interesting to see how it goes.

Sammys WR class certainly took a different turn than expected and none of those guys look like Jerry rice. and I’m still not sure who the best is. 

landry has been outplaying OBJ. While Evans has more Total yards, Devante Adams seems to still be getting better.   I’m not sure any are in gold jacket territory. 

Edited by Over 29 years of fanhood

4 hours ago, Charles Romes said:

It unfortunate that Bill OBrien giving away deondre on the same day took the luster off what should be seen as a great trade. 

Only from media and other teams fans. The ‘League’ raised eyebrows and our opponents crapped their britches!

2 hours ago, MAJBobby said:

Not only with Diggs Production.  One thing to look at is also how much he opens up the field for Brown.  Granted Brown is an excellent WR to get open himself as well, but what are you going to do with these two.  Jets played alot of Cover 2 because both Diggs and Brown can take the top off, that opened up the underneath and screen games, because they played so much cover 2.

Watch what happens when there isnt 2 safeties over the top of Brown and Diggs.  I also knew Diggs hands were good, but dang when was the last time we had a WR that took the hits he took all game and held onto the ball?

I hope all our uninformed Daboll Haters read this. Coming out every week with wildly different attack schemes has been a mantra for him even prior to this gig. He now has the horses to do it. His volumous playbook is designed with this in mind. We’re a serious offensive threat now.

• Like (+1) 3

4 hours ago, Dat said:

You may have missed this in my post "I understand it's one game, means virtually nothing and "get back to me after the season" applies." But thanks.

Although, I pay Diggs for the exact reason you bring up. With no offseaon or preseason he is worth the difference in pay if the Bills want to win now.

That and top talent costs money, as you said we are in a win now window for the next couple of years, so the Diggs acquisition was a really good move by Beane. All those high draft pick receivers will take years to get where Diggs is now, and some may not get there. Diggs is as much of a sure thing as is possible in the NFL. 

Go Bills!!!

6 hours ago, Charles Romes said:

It unfortunate that Bill OBrien giving away deondre on the same day took the luster off what should be seen as a great trade. 

He was never going to trade him here,  he was getting traded to the nfc.   Didn’t change one bit how I feel about our trade... especially after that contract he just signed in az. 

• Like (+1) 1

Because of where we were drafting I think we can only compare Diggs to the guys drafted at 22 through where we got Epenesa in RD 2 (54), since we could have taken the other guys in Epenesa's spot. I'd love to follow these comparisons through the years.

I think we made the right call. 

RD 1, pick 22 Jefferson 2/26  3

RD 1, pick 25 Aiyuk         0/0

RD 2, pick 1 (33) Higgins      0/0

RD 2, pick 2 (34) Pittman     2/10

RD 2, pick 10 (42) Shenault    3/37

RD 2, pick 14 (46) Hamler       0/0

RD 2, pick 17 (49) Claypool     2/39

11 hours ago, Mrbojanglezs said:

The trade was the right move for this team this year. 

Agree. With where this team is right now talent wise and where their window is to compete they just don't have enough time to waste developing a WR1. Davis does look promising though. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

On 9/15/2020 at 5:01 AM, buffaloboyinATL said:

The stats are good (thanks for putting them together) but the truth is, regardless of his stats, his veteran presence was obvious on Sunday.  Great blocking, taking huge hits and holding onto the ball, pointing Allen towards open receivers (Knox in corner of end zone) etc.  Diggs is fun to watch and he and Brown are the best 1-2 WR combo we have had in years.  

If I could emphasize this post here 1000 times I would.  Its not just about the stat sheet, its all about where Diggs is at as a player vs a rookie.  Diggs is a beast, making tough grabs, taking big hits, and easily a top 3 route runner in the NFL.  

There is nothing any rookie can do this year that will make me wish we had not traded for Diggs.  

• Thank you (+1) 2

On ‎9‎/‎15‎/‎2020 at 9:06 AM, C.Biscuit97 said:

Yeah, the Bills are a better team with Diggs on it than a rookie.  I don’t think it’s debatable.  But if one of these guys becomes Jerry Rice, it would be an interesting conversation.  

but without a doubt for this year, Diggs would be the top pick out of these guys.

This is a hard post to go against.

I have watched every play of every game that Jeudy and Ruggs have appeared in and it wouldn't surprise me at all if Jeudy has a GREAT career. Ruggs is very good as well and is probably one of the fastest people on the planet.

That said, as others have pointed out; it would have required a trade-up to draft them. I am generally staunchly against trade-ups, or even trading our first round picks but Diggs did look special on Sunday, especially with that sliding catch in the first half. It looks like a good move, one which I admittedly initially opposed.