Week 2 Power Rankings / Are we actually getting Respect?

Buffalo Boy

2 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

I think Ben looked old and slow, especially first half. He seemed late on a lot of his throws. Reactions not what they were..... there was still some vintage Ben... the TD throw off his backfoot to JuJu was a classic Big Ben pass but overall I think the Steelers are gonna be rookie Roethlisberger this year. Win on defense and ask him to make just enough big throws

Biggest thing I noticed was that he couldn't fight off sacks.  He used to be near impossible to bring down by a shirt or a leg and it didn't seem to be that way last night.  His feet looked slow and he went down pretty easily.  James Conner looked terrible too.  Buddy of mine is a Steelers fan and he thinks Snell is going to take the job soon and I think he's right.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Buffalo Boy said:

I caught the end of the first half and first part of third Quarter.

I watched the Steelers d line pushing the Giants around and Ben looked good on the scoring drive from 9-16.

I hope you are right. I think our matchup will have Bigtime playoff seeding implications and admit to still having an inferiority complex with the Steelers.

Oh I don't think the Steelers are going to be an easy out for anyone. That defense is legit and if Ben scores 21 to 24 points every week they will win a lot of games. That is kind of the point.... Ben is not the Ben of old. But I don't think he needs to be for them to be competitive.

5 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Florio picked the Jets :doh:

Well, the source is all you need to know. I watched the video last week where he and Simms were making the picks. I almost spit my coffee out laughing when he picked the Jets. :lol:

1 minute ago, That's No Moon said:

Biggest thing I noticed was that he couldn't fight off sacks.  He used to be near impossible to bring down by a shirt or a leg and it didn't seem to be that way last night.  His feet looked slow and he went down pretty easily.  James Conner looked terrible too.  Buddy of mine is a Steelers fan and he thinks Snell is going to take the job soon and I think he's right.

Agree with all of that.

Just now, H2o said:

Well, the source is all you need to know. I watched the video last week where he and Simms were making the picks. I almost spit my coffee out laughing when he picked the Jets. :lol:

I caught a bit yesterday's show, they broadcast it live in the UK now, and Simms ripped him for it.

1 minute ago, GunnerBill said:

I caught a bit yesterday's show, they broadcast it live in the UK now, and Simms ripped him for it.

Yeah, Simms has been on the Bills/Allen bandwagon for a while now. Simms is alright, but Florio is just an arrogant douche nozzle. 

20 minutes ago, That's No Moon said:

Big Ben could have no legs and still be a huge upgrade over what they had last year.  I believe the stat was Big Ben had more td passes than the Steelers had combined the last 4 games of last year.  They might have had the worst qb play in the nfl and they went 9-7.

16 minutes ago, H2o said:

Yeah, Simms has been on the Bills/Allen bandwagon for a while now. Simms is alright, but Florio is just an arrogant douche nozzle. 

Is this good? Phil Simms is the worst. 

Just now, C.Biscuit97 said:

Chris’ rankings are really weird.  But like how some people have dug in on Allen being bad, he’s the opposite.  I think he has been a fan since the draft. 

Yeah, he was high on Allen from the start and it seemed to go through the roof after the interview segment he had with him prior to last season. 

2 hours ago, aristocrat said:

Ben hasn’t played in a year and just threw for 3 tds. If he gets better they’re the team to beat. 

yeah, that's a well-rounded team that I think can beat Balt.  Their D is elite, and the offense gets on track with Ben, they can hang with anyone.  That said, I think we can hang with anyone also.  

ESPN has us #7

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/29886007/week-2-nfl-power-rankings-1-32-poll-plus-team-best-rookie-debut

Only one I could really argue against is being behind the 49ers who lost. But we'll see how it plays out, and at least they have us ahead of the Titans who I dont believe in at all. And Pittsburgh should probably be higher. At least ahead of the Patriots, imo.

We stayed at #6 in NFL.com:

We got the Josh Allen pu pu platter in Sunday's win over the Jets. Big plays with his legs (57 yards, TD), a career-best passing day (312 yards, two scores) and -- yes -- a pair of lost fumbles, both on the opponent's side of the field. Allen also airmailed a gimme TD to John Brown that would have put New York away in the fourth quarter, but on balance, the day was a successful one for both the Bills and their polarizing third-year quarterback. A trip to Miami is up next on the schedule; getting the Jets and Dolphins back-to-back is pretty much the ideal way to start a football season in 2020.

Hard to argue with, not sure a win over the Jets boosts us all that much. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Giants looked better than the Jets.

Jones actually looked MUCH better than Darnold this week. I was impressed with some of his throws in crossing patterns, hitting guys in stride, including a couple of really bad drops. 

2 hours ago, That's No Moon said:

Biggest thing I noticed was that he couldn't fight off sacks.  He used to be near impossible to bring down by a shirt or a leg and it didn't seem to be that way last night.  His feet looked slow and he went down pretty easily. 

Man, that's the truth. I think there were two sacks last night that surprised me because he could usually fight out of them, but last night he just collapsed.

31 minutes ago, MJS said:

My goodness. The Cowboys are eternally overrated...

I liked the Cowboys pre-season. After seeing Mike Nolan trying to run the 2005 Baltimore defense that we have seen fail for so many other former Baltimore DCs in the last few years on Sunday I am out on them. They might still win their division by default though.

1 minute ago, GunnerBill said:

I liked the Cowboys pre-season. After seeing Mike Nolan trying to run the 2005 Baltimore defense that we have seen fail for so many other former Baltimore DCs in the last few years on Sunday I am out on them. They might still win their division by default though.

I picked them to win 9 games and miss the playoffs, personally.

Just now, MJS said:

I picked them to win 9 games and miss the playoffs, personally.

Who do you think wins the East though? Philly were atrocious I watched that game back this morning. They lost their left tackle, right tackle and best guard - two of them for the year. They couldn't protect Went at all. I can see Dallas as a 9 win division winner. I could see Philly as the same I suppose but neither of those are 10+ win teams IMO.