Week 2 Power Rankings / Are we actually getting Respect?

Buffalo Boy

Woke up to a nice surprise this morning.

Yahoo Sports has us ranked # 4:

Ahead of Seattle, Green Bay, Pittsburg and San Francisco    
NBC Sports has us ranked #6:

Ahead of Pittsburg and Green Bay

PFN has us 12:

Typical “ Josh Sucks” Dreck

Watching the Steelers last night, I thought they looked good on both sides of the ball. It’s only one game but Ben’s arm looked good. Being ranked ahead of them and Seattle in two ( albeit clickbait) power rankings is a step in the right direction. It is a sign that some are starting to take the whole team, including Josh, seriously.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/sports.yahoo.com/amphtml/nfl-power-rankings-should-there-be-any-concern-about-jimmy-garoppolo-and-the-01-49-ers-053847579.html

https://www.nbcsports.com/bayarea/49ers/nfl-power-rankings-2020-week-2-standings-all-32-teams-league

https://www.profootballnetwork.com/nfl-power-rankings-week-2-2020/2/

https://www.nfl.com/news/nfl-power-rankings-week-2-packers-vault-into-top-three

Edited by Buffalo Boy
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, Buffalo Boy said:

PFN has us 12:

Watching the Steelers last night, I thought they looked good on both sides of the ball. It’s only one game but Ben’s arm looked good. Being ranked ahead of them and Seattle in two ( albeit clickbait) power rankings is a step in the right direction. It is a sign that some are starting to take the whole team, including Josh, seriously.

I think Ben looked old and slow, especially first half. He seemed late on a lot of his throws. Reactions not what they were..... there was still some vintage Ben... the TD throw off his backfoot to JuJu was a classic Big Ben pass but overall I think the Steelers are gonna be rookie Roethlisberger this year. Win on defense and ask him to make just enough big throws

• Like (+1) 3

53 minutes ago, Buffalo Boy said:

PFN has us 12:

The Giants defense was also pathetic.

54 minutes ago, Buffalo Boy said:

PFN has us 12:

Why no links? 

One week at a time people! The Bills need to take care of business in Miami on Sunday. After that, their season starts for real with a schedule that isn’t stacked in their favor. In years past the Dolphins game would be a loss we’d all look back on and say how did that happen? This year’s Bills need to take the game seriously and put Miami away early while keeping their foot on the gas!

Edited by SoCal Deek

Not quite ready to put us at No. 4 but Josh Allen passed my eye test. He picked that defense apart, looked poised, hung in tough and is starting to get rid of the ball quicker.

The focus on the fumbles and missed pass are a little ridiculous IMO. Every QB makes mistakes on any given Sunday. It's like pundits are saying, "see, I told you two years ago Allen sucked. He fumbled twice! Disregard the 300 yards of quality yards."

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Buffalo Boy said:

PFN has us 12:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/sports.yahoo.com/amphtml/nfl-power-rankings-should-there-be-any-concern-about-jimmy-garoppolo-and-the-01-49-ers-053847579.html

https://www.nbcsports.com/bayarea/49ers/nfl-power-rankings-2020-week-2-standings-all-32-teams-league

https://www.profootballnetwork.com/nfl-power-rankings-week-2-2020/2/

I did not think the Steelers looked very good yesterday, other than their run defense in the middle.  Both teams looked sloppy and slow to me.  The giants looked horrible.

Every year the Steelers defense gets propped up like its super special. I remember laughing my ass off last year as the Patriots shredded them and embarrassed them on opening night. The problem is the Giants are a team that plays right into what they do well. They have a great front 7 who can stop the run(which they did), the Giants have a terrible offensive line, and they have very few weapons on the outside to force the Steelers to back up a little bit. Plus the QB is still a question mark.

I'll wait until they play a team with weapons on the outside, cause everytime that happens, the Steelers lay an egg on defense.

18 minutes ago, chknwing334 said:

I did not think the Steelers looked very good yesterday, other than their run defense in the middle.  Both teams looked sloppy and slow to me.  The giants looked horrible.

Giants looked better than the Jets. Silly to overreact to week 1 any year but especially this year.  Big Ben is coming off a major injury but they have a ton on weapons and a top 5 defense. They will be really tough this year.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Just in Atlanta said:

Not quite ready to put us at No. 4 but Josh Allen passed my eye test. He picked that defense apart, looked poised, hung in tough and is starting to get rid of the ball quicker.

The focus on the fumbles and missed pass are a little ridiculous IMO. Every QB makes mistakes on any given Sunday. It's like pundits are saying, "see, I told you two years ago Allen sucked. He fumbled twice! Disregard the 300 yards of quality yards."

I think the accuracy has improved so far as well. I mean besides that overthrow to Knox in the EZ, but sometimes that stuff happens. Josh seemed very poised and knew exactly where the ball was going. Much better command of the field! Again one game, but very promising. 

2 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

I think Ben looked old and slow, especially first half. He seemed late on a lot of his throws. Reactions not what they were..... there was still some vintage Ben... the TD throw off his backfoot to JuJu was a classic Big Ben pass but overall I think the Steelers are gonna be rookie Roethlisberger this year. Win on defense and ask him to make just enough big throws

I caught the end of the first half and first part of third Quarter.

I watched the Steelers d line pushing the Giants around and Ben looked good on the scoring drive from 9-16.

I hope you are right. I think our matchup will have Bigtime playoff seeding implications and admit to still having an inferiority complex with the Steelers.

1 hour ago, Rochesterian Bills Fan said:

Power Rankings in general are a bit of horse hockey, more so this early in the season. We won't have an idea of who is good and who isn't until October, until then this stuff are glorified puff pieces.

Agreed but still nice to see.