Can someone explain the Josh Allen hate from Bomani Jones and Dominique Foxworth??

Special K

1 hour ago, CaliBills said:

You all have started down the political rabbit hole......

This topic will be locked soon I am sure.

Actually the moron Foxworth started it. The rest of us are Bills fans talking on a Bills discussion site about being attacked and classified a certain way by a ESPN talking head moron. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

Dude.  Stop.  The Bills and every NFL team not named Jaguars have millions of fans.  Millions.  In any group of millions there are going to be racists.  There are probably also serial killers in there.  

To say Bills fans, or specifically Allen fans, are more apt to be racist than others should be backed up with numbers; not anecdotes or pictures of someone's flag avatar.  He has done nothing whatsoever to back that up because it is an out and out stupid premise and cannot be substantiated.  That's why he has to go anecdotal.  

I’m not going to stop. I don’t want to be grouped with racist idiots.  That’s the whole problem in this country. Calling out racist losers. I’d do it if it was around me.  

I want to be the best fanbase in the county. Not the one with “oh well, we have some racists what can you do.” 

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

On 9/15/2020 at 12:47 AM, Special K said:

Skip to 10:55

These guys were complete jerks towards Josh Allen, and this isn't the first time they've done this to him.

I will never watch this show again when these two clowns are on it.....complete garbage from these guys!!

I think Bills Mafia need to get on these guys twitter accounts and let them know what we think of their opinions of Josh Allen!

The best thing we can do is ignore them .. don't watch there shows and don't watch their videos or comment on their twitter feeds. These guys and others (Nick Wright comes to mind) get to flaunt their number of clicks and that gets them more assignments. Ignore them or they will keep trolling a very passionate fanbase because it is economically wise for them to do so.

1 minute ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Yeah, I agree. But in this board, we had people trashing Jackson after winning the MVP here while praising Allen.  Now, and I try to stay in the moment, Allen is a better overall qb than Jackson.  But that wasn’t the case last year.

Do you think that might have to with the fact that this is Bills forum and not a Ravens forum?  

• Like (+1) 6

Just now, C.Biscuit97 said:

Yeah, I agree. But in this board, we had people trashing Jackson after winning the MVP here while praising Allen.  Now, and I try to stay in the moment, Allen is a better overall qb than Jackson.  But that wasn’t the case last year.

but as a “critic” (just didn’t think he was a good enough passer his first 2 years and he wasn’t), I really have no idea how you can criticize him as a player.  He has become a legit stud. 

If these criticisms of Allen were about his performance as a quarterback, that would be entirely fair game (he's not a perfect player). As were criticisms of Jackson imo. 

When it crosses into some referendum on an entire fanbase, comprised of all different kinds of people, that's a very different argument. It's irresponsible to say the least.

• Like (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Read some of the angriest responses and look at the twitter feeds. The angriest group definitely tends to have some similarities. 

No, you're definitely making this up. The only similarity is passionate Bills fans. I have no clue where this stereotype started.

Just now, chknwing334 said:

Do you think that might have to with the fact that this is Bills forum and not a Ravens forum?  

Oh for sure. It sound delusional last year but clearly this year, Allen is a better player. 

Just now, GoBills808 said:

If these criticisms of Allen were about his performance as a quarterback, that would be entirely fair game (he's not a perfect player). As were criticisms of Jackson imo. 

When it crosses into some referendum on an entire fanbase, comprised of all different kinds of people, that's a very different argument. It's irresponsible to say the least.

Yeah man, I have no real disagreement with any of this.  Allen made me a believer this year.  It doesn’t matter but he answer every doubt I had about him minus the playoffs.  And i can’t say it enough but his attitude is what really stands out.  He literally probably doesn’t care about this at all.  

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

No, you're definitely making this up. The only similarity is passionate Bills fans. I have no clue where this stereotype started.

Maybe all the Bills fans have changed their avi's to dogs, flags and skull and crossbones so it's hare to tell 🤣

13 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

Dude.  Stop.  The Bills and every NFL team not named Jaguars have millions of fans.  Millions.  In any group of millions there are going to be racists.  There are probably also serial killers in there.  

To say Bills fans, or specifically Allen fans, are more apt to be racist than others should be backed up with numbers; not anecdotes or pictures of someone's flag avatar.  He has done nothing whatsoever to back that up because it is an out and out stupid premise and cannot be substantiated.  That's why he has to go anecdotal.  

This.  I'm very sure there are some angry responses from white supremicist proud boy types.

I'm pretty sure if he made similar comments about another team's fans he'd get similar angry responses from white supremicist proud boy types.

To imply that the Bills or fans of Josh Allen are predominantly thus, or to describe them in terms of American flags and dogs, is just stupid.  Ditto to link it to Josh Allen.

When I started modding, I realized 93% or so of the people I have to deal with are totally reasonable.  5% or so will flash back at me angrily and most of them calm down in a hot minute and settle in.  But 2% or so just go nutsoid over the top and I'm like Whoaoao Dude!  All this, Over a Message Board?  You're nuts! (I didn't say that).  Then someone pointed out that in any population, something like 3% of people have a type of mental illness that could lead to that sort of response and I was basically encountering the amount of this one might reasonably predict or expect.  It is what it is.

(I'm not trying to say white supremicist proud boy types are mentally ill, just that one is going to get fringe responses from fringe people of all types)

10 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Welp now I want that dog. 

Dogs.  They're good.  Get the T-shirt.

14 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

we had people trashing Jackson after winning the MVP here while praising Allen.  Now, and I try to stay in the moment, Allen is a better overall qb than Jackson.  But that wasn’t the case last year

People backed up that opinion and have been proven right 

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Oh, THAT'S ADORABLE!

That looks a lot like our little one when we got her a month ago. Of course, she can’t walk around with a flag in her mouth all the time, but  the headgear is pretty much full time apparel.  Nothing like a Pirate Puppy!  GRRRRRR!!!

1 minute ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

I’m not going to stop. I don’t want to be grouped with racist idiots.  That’s the whole problem in this country. Calling out racist losers. I’d do it if it was around me.  

I want to be the best fanbase in the county. Not the one with “oh well, we have some racists what can you do.” 

Being a racist is a highly undesirable trait which has been part of the human condition since the beginning of time.  It is highly mathematically unlikely that any group of millions of people lumped together by an unrelated trait like football fandom has a significantly higher or lower propensity to be racist than any other group of millions of people.  

I believe most people would love for racism to disappear.  Personally I think it has been gradually declining for centuries and continues to decline.  Increasing the rate of decline would be awesome and is a topic for societal discussion.  It has nothing to do with anything Foxworth's said.

If you are willing to accept Foxworth's unexplained premise that Bills fans are more racist than the population at large, that is on you.  If you are willing to be grouped with millions of people in any way.....Bills fan.....maybe you like the Rolling Stones, or sushi, or you're left handed, then you are invariably grouping yourself with racists.  If Foxworth blurted out that sushi eaters were more racist than most that would be a stupid premise and should not cause you to "want to be part of the best foodies in the country, not one that doesn't stand up against racist sushi eaters".  It's dumb.  

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I worked as a marketing manager at an animal shelter in the southeastern United States for a couple years. Part of my job involved managing the shelter's social media account, which involved interacting with more than my fair share of facebook profiles with dogs, American flags, and bald eagles as their avatars. It would be a lie if I said I didn't laugh a little when I heard Foxworth's comments, because I know exactly the type of profiles he's talking about. 

That said, Foxworth's comments were dumb and he was making broad, incoherent generalizations about Bills fans. Does Foxworth hate America and dogs? I don't know. Probably not. Maybe. Whatever. Etc. 

The cool thing about America—and probably also the worst thing about America—is that you can literally get your news, sports, and opinions from like, 8,000,000 different sources. Everyone's an expert while everyone else is simultaneously an idiot. Can't find what you're looking for on cable? Try YouTube, where anyone with a computer and a microphone is ready to give you their expert opinion. Don't like their opinion? Don't worry, there's another channel already set up to rebuke that opinion. 

Sometime between 2004 and now, social media created an information clusterf***, where everyone is right, everything is a fact, and everyone is smarter than everyone else. 

Hell, I don't know what to do. I just want the Bills to make it to the AFC Championship so Nick Wright gets a mustard and ketchup bukkake on his dumb looking face. 

• Awesome! (+1) 3

4 minutes ago, MPL said:

Sometime between 2004 and now, social media created an information clusterf***, where everyone is right, everything is a fact, and everyone is smarter than everyone else.

Hell, I don't know what to do. I just want the Bills to make it to the AFC Championship so Nick Wright gets a mustard and ketchup bukkake on his dumb looking face. 

I laughed until my dog came over to check on me.  Mustard and ketchup bukkake.  Priceless.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

1 hour ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

This whole thing is embarrassing. Reading some of the tweets, some idiot Bills fans just proved him right on the racist stuff.  I wish more fans would call out Those idiots. 

I think the original point is that for a while a guy who plays like Allen, If black, would be questioned about his long term ability to play quarterback.  That the white guy with questionable production against not great college competition while the Heisman trophy winning qb falls and gets talked about moving positions.  And through 2 years there was some truth in that.  A counter I would say in regards to Allen is he was a very criticized player.

as someone who has been skeptical of Allen through 2 years, IMO, there is absolutely nothing to question him about except maybe seeing how he does in the playoffs.  Dude has answer every question I have had about him and exceed as a player more than I ever imagine.  It doesn’t matter but I’m as proud of him as any player I have watched.  And the thing I really appreciate it is he didn’t get sensitive about it.  

I never got the need for fans to get so angry at people’s opinions.  I’m just throughly enjoying the season and see nothing negative about it.  But we do have some loser fans who take everything person and they make us look bad. Right now, Foxworth and Jones have been proven wrong on Allen.  That’s all that matters.  But there are those losers who say embarrassing things that we should never have associated with our fanbase. Obviously, it’s minority of idiots but I’d like to think we call out those losers.  Some fans get more mad s our this that Allen, who is laughing about it.  It’s weird. But don’t make us all look bad.

That’s all well and good. They don’t like JA, and I’ll assume it’s not because he’s white. They don’t provide reasons other than the original narrative. Small school and inaccurate.
But even more they apparently by digging into Bills M on social media spot alarming re-tweets. One can assume they are of a racist nature? Essentially lumping the fan base with all of these racists. By the way they didn’t clarify “a few” or “one or two”. It’s irresponsible and race baiting projection and that’s not cool. It’s an ESPN podcast that is recorded and can be edited. So ESPN chose to run this. I don’t think we should be good with this. But it’s ESPN and it’s the norm now. I for one just can’t watch the NBA. I hope the Bills win a SB before I check out on the NFL. 

Edited by QLBillsFan
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Agreed. No doubt ESPN is a big part of the problem here for having no editorial control over stupid comments by Foxworth that never should have gone out on the airwaves. Would love nothing better than for Foxworth AND ESPN to both go away and never be seen or heard from again. ESPN has been a problem for a long time. 

• Like (+1) 3