Can someone explain the Josh Allen hate from Bomani Jones and Dominique Foxworth??

Special K

1 minute ago, Chicken Boo said:

I'm just decoding his comments.  

I kind of root against LeBron because I dislike his fans' attempt to prop him over Jordan.   I have zero problems with James himself. 

It's not unfathomable.

Fair enough but going after Bills fans seems like a real gutter move IMO.  Down here in Cincinnati the take on us is that we're colorful, pretty crazy, super loyal and very decent folks.

And if I can get on my soap box for a moment - the only way we'll truly consign racism to the fringe (it will never completely go away) is to find it's expression to be equally unacceptable no matter the source.  Until we do that this wound will remain unhealed.

• Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, Chicken Boo said:

Not saying that I agree with Foxworth, but I understand what he's saying.  

He doesn't like the "proud boy" types who support Josh Allen, therefore he can't find it within himself to root for Josh Allen.

Regardless of how you feel personally, that's what he's saying.

Why not say he doesn't like "proud boy" type football fans?  What evidence does he have that these types support Josh Allen or are more predominant in Bills Mafia more than any other football team or QB?  Does he think there aren't "proud boy" NE Patriot fans or Atlanta Falcons Fans or Carolina Panthers fans or wherever? 

Then take it a step further and associating liking dogs and the American Flag with being a "proud boy" type, which is patently ridiculous.

That's my problem with it

• Like (+1) 4

15 minutes ago, CincyBillsFan said:

It was inevitable that it would given the comments by Mr. Foxworth.  The problem though is that in this case the politics and the football actually do overlap here big time.

Here is an employee for ESPN, the premiere football broadcasting company in America, expressing what can only be seen as racist sentiments. And when the target is the Bills QB who is highly admired on 2BD you're going to get emotional responses.  If we didn't take this in a political direction we would be chumps IMO. 

And this is why a lot of us are worried about the state of sports in America. It's sad that Mr. Foxworths comments might contribute to politicizing something as beautiful as supporting your favorite sports team.  At a time when very little unites us we can't let cretins like this guy ruin one of the few things that does.

Therefore I would hope this board allows the robust and at times political condemnation of Mr. Foxworth to proceed.

It's a big judgement call how political is too political or how racist is too racist.  We'll try but no promises.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Chicken Boo said:

He doesn't like the "proud boy" types who support Josh Allen

Is this a thing? The people that defend Josh Allen on Twitter are just passionate Bills fans. There's no white supremacist movement to support Josh Allen. Where is this coming from?

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 3

1 minute ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

It's a big judgement call how political is too political or how racist is too racist.  We'll try but no promises.

More then fair enough and I get that these discussions can spiral out of control quicker then Diggs can get open.

Edited by CincyBillsFan
  • Like (+1) 1

52 minutes ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

...and he is saying this over a 2.2% leaning?

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/how-every-nfl-teams-fans-lean-politically/

Jeepers creepers, to all the board members here I say to you with utmost honesty that regardless of some of the discussions that have taken place here on various sensitive subjects it truly never occurred to me once to be conscious of, or even care about, the political leanings of any member of this board (or Bills Mafia for that matter)

even the figures from the 538 article just...I mean I just don’t think in those terms.

As a data geek, the thing that strikes me immediately is that the majority of fans of most teams identified as "independent/did not answer"

• Like (+1) 2

This whole thing is embarrassing. Reading some of the tweets, some idiot Bills fans just proved him right on the racist stuff.  I wish more fans would call out Those idiots. 

I think the original point is that for a while a guy who plays like Allen, If black, would be questioned about his long term ability to play quarterback.  That the white guy with questionable production against not great college competition while the Heisman trophy winning qb falls and gets talked about moving positions.  And through 2 years there was some truth in that.  A counter I would say in regards to Allen is he was a very criticized player.

as someone who has been skeptical of Allen through 2 years, IMO, there is absolutely nothing to question him about except maybe seeing how he does in the playoffs.  Dude has answer every question I have had about him and exceed as a player more than I ever imagine.  It doesn’t matter but I’m as proud of him as any player I have watched.  And the thing I really appreciate it is he didn’t get sensitive about it.  

I never got the need for fans to get so angry at people’s opinions.  I’m just throughly enjoying the season and see nothing negative about it.  But we do have some loser fans who take everything person and they make us look bad. Right now, Foxworth and Jones have been proven wrong on Allen.  That’s all that matters.  But there are those losers who say embarrassing things that we should never have associated with our fanbase. Obviously, it’s minority of idiots but I’d like to think we call out those losers.  Some fans get more mad s our this that Allen, who is laughing about it.  It’s weird. But don’t make us all look bad.

• Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Is this a thing? The people that defend Josh Allen on Twitter are just passionate Bills fans. There's no white supremacist movement to support Josh Allen. Where is this coming from?

Read some of the angriest responses and look at the twitter feeds. The angriest group definitely tends to have some similarities. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, SCBills said:

Im torn on Clay Travis.   

I think he’s ridiculous most of the time. 

That being said, without places like Outkick, people like Domonique Foxworth never get called on any of the divisive, race-baiting takes that permeate ESPN’s sports media now.  

Clay Travis is a grifter.  He’s a mediocre at best sports guy with terrible takes (see his Covid and sports bets) who hated on ESPN for being too political.  Now he does the same thing but on th other side of the aisle.  At first I thought the guy was a clown but I always respect a guy who finds an easy to manipulate base and he just feeds them meat to get them all fired up.  He starts twitter fights with people who are way more popular than him and hope they respond so he can get his name out there.  I would bet he doesn’t believe half of what he says.  It’s kinda funny. 

1 minute ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

This whole thing is embarrassing. Reading some of the tweets, some idiot Bills fans just proved him right on the racist stuff.  I wish more fans would call out Those idiots. 

I think the original point is that for a while a guy who plays like Allen, If black, would be questioned about his long term ability to play quarterback.  That the white guy with questionable production against not great college competition while the Heisman trophy winning qb falls and gets talked about moving positions.  And through 2 years there was some truth in that.  A counter I would say in regards to Allen is he was a very criticized player.

Are you seriously saying this?  Allen was brutally questioned about his long term viability because he took off and ran at the drop of a hat. He was called a RB playing QB and his upside was compared to Tim Tebow.

I get what you're saying with respect to Jackson but the LAST QB in the NFL to use as the example would be Allen.  Almost every "expert" was saying he was a bust and a joke of a QB.

An honest and non-racial take on the 2018 QB class was that BOTH Jackson & Allen, who were both gifted but very unconventional QB's, were going to be busts while Rosen, Darnold & Mayfield were all super stars in the making.

The topic of discussion by Mr. Foxworth and others should be the irony that the likely two best QB's from that class are Allen & Jackson.  And that this may be ushering in a new reality where unconventional QBing will rule the day in the NFL.

As for the comments about Bills fans with American flags and Dogs on their social media pages being racist. I can't even wrap my mind around such foolishness.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, CincyBillsFan said:

Are you seriously saying this?  Allen was brutally questioned about his long term viability because he took off and ran at the drop of a hat. He was called a RB playing QB and his upside was compared to Tim Tebow.

I get what you're saying with respect to Jackson but the LAST QB in the NFL to use as the example would be Allen.  Almost every "expert" was saying he was a bust and a joke of a QB.

An honest and non-racial take on the 2018 QB class was that BOTH Jackson & Allen, who were both gifted but very unconventional QB's, were going to be busts while Rosen, Darnold & Mayfield were all super stars in the making.

The topic of discussion by Mr. Foxworth and others should be the irony that the likely two best QB's from that class are Allen & Jackson.  And that this may be ushering in a new reality where unconventional QBing will rule the day in the NFL.

As for the comments about Bills fans with American flags and Dogs on their social media pages being racist. I can't even wrap my mind around such foolishness.

I did say that Allen was different because he was heavily criticized.  I do generally agree with you.  But one of the best thing about some fans is they will defend their team to the death. But some take it way to personal.  Through 2 years, Allen wasn’t that great.  Now, he is an outright stud and if someone is criticizing at this point, they are an idiot. 

And the whole American flag is obnoxious. Sadly, it has been a political symbol which is such a joke.  There are some people that to proven how much of a “patriot” they are. I am willing to bet that an overwhelming majority of people on twitter who have American flags next to their name tend to lean a certain way politically.  It’s like the pictures of old dudes with sunglasses in their car.  Or rainbow flags. Or pronouns.  People are weirdly cult like on twitter. 

but yes, our country has become dumb enough where 🇺🇸 has come political.  We are so dumb.

• Like (+1) 2

15 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

as someone who has been skeptical of Allen through 2 years, IMO, there is absolutely nothing to question him about except maybe seeing how he does in the playoffs.  Dude has answer every question I have had about him and exceed as a player more than I ever imagine.  It doesn’t matter but I’m as proud of him as any player I have watched.  And the thing I really appreciate it is he didn’t get sensitive about it.  

I never got the need for fans to get so angry at people’s opinions.  I’m just throughly enjoying the season and see nothing negative about it.  But we do have some loser fans who take everything person and they make us look bad. Right now, Foxworth and Jones have been proven wrong on Allen.  That’s all that matters.  But there are those losers who say embarrassing things that we should never have associated with our fanbase. Obviously, it’s minority of idiots but I’d like to think we call out those losers.  Some fans get more mad s our this that Allen, who is laughing about it.  It’s weird. But don’t make us all look bad.

Allen, who is white, is still getting questioned about his long term ability to play quarterback. That's kind of the point of this thread.

11 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Read some of the angriest responses and look at the twitter feeds. The angriest group definitely tends to have some similarities. 

Dude.  Stop.  The Bills and every NFL team not named Jaguars have millions of fans.  Millions.  In any group of millions there are going to be racists.  There are probably also serial killers in there.  

To say Bills fans, or specifically Allen fans, are more apt to be racist than others should be backed up with numbers; not anecdotes or pictures of someone's flag avatar.  He has done nothing whatsoever to back that up because it is an out and out stupid premise and cannot be substantiated.  That's why he has to go anecdotal.  

• Like (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, GoBills808 said:

Allen, who is white, is still getting questioned about his long term ability to play quarterback. That's kind of the point of this thread.

Yeah, I agree. But in this board, we had people trashing Jackson after winning the MVP here while praising Allen.  Now, and I try to stay in the moment, Allen is a better overall qb than Jackson.  But that wasn’t the case last year.

but as a “critic” (just didn’t think he was a good enough passer his first 2 years and he wasn’t), I really have no idea how you can criticize him as a player.  He has become a legit stud. 

• Like (+1) 2