Can someone explain the Josh Allen hate from Bomani Jones and Dominique Foxworth??

Special K

15 minutes ago, Chicken Boo said:

It also stems from Josh's old tweets.  I gave Josh the side eye initially as well, but I believe in 2nd chances - 3rd in some cases.  People can mature and change.  It's called growth.

He was like 14 tweeting to friends in public. Lol. Most racists are older and hide it. At least 4 years ago they did. 

1 minute ago, Doc said:

Dammit. 

• Haha (+1) 2

...and he is saying this over a 2.2% leaning?

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/how-every-nfl-teams-fans-lean-politically/

Jeepers creepers, to all the board members here I say to you with utmost honesty that regardless of some of the discussions that have taken place here on various sensitive subjects it truly never occurred to me once to be conscious of, or even care about, the political leanings of any member of this board (or Bills Mafia for that matter)

even the figures from the 538 article just...I mean I just don’t think in those terms.

I don’t think about any fans of any team that way...

...s**t, now this is a thing?!

9 minutes ago, Doc said:

the only certainties in life: death, taxes and getting played by this.

and I love getting played by this.

Edited by dollars 2 donuts
  • Like (+1) 1

47 minutes ago, Chicken Boo said:

Not saying that I agree with Foxworth, but I understand what he's saying.  

He doesn't like the "proud boy" types who support Josh Allen, therefore he can't find it within himself to root for Josh Allen.

Regardless of how you feel personally, that's what he's saying.

Oh come on.  What proof do you or anyone have that Allen is a favorite of the Proud Boys?  And who cares if he was? 

Why do we have so much trouble calling out a racist in these situations?  By any standard this clowns comments were racist and we wouldn't accept these excuses if a white reporter said something like this.

2 hours ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

It’s cool to see the rest of the team team standing up for Josh and his supporters. That’s the best part. 

We're good people.  Taking a shot at us like this is simply wrong.  Screw this guy.

• Like (+1) 5

6 minutes ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

Jeepers creepers, to all the board members here I say to you with utmost honesty that regardless of some of the discussions that have taken place here on various sensitive subjects it truly never occurred to me once to be conscious of, or even care about, the political leanings of any member of this board (or Bills Mafia for that matter)

even the figures from the 538 article just...I mean I just don’t think in those terms.

Honestly, I like seeing the statistics in the article, the charts.  I do not want to discuss it on this board and hope the discussion doesn't turn political, but I enjoyed the info in the article.

6 minutes ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

the only certainties in life: death, taxes and getting played by this.

and I love getting played by this.

Need to look deeper than just the politics on this one, like the date of the poll.  It was from 2017 but was used in a supporting argument for some reason.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

It’s cool to see the rest of the team team standing up for Josh and his supporters. That’s the best part. 

For sure. Everyone loves Josh. He's humble, a fierce competitor, a great leader, and he puts his body on the line for a win.

Let the analysts talk all the crap they want. The more the better. It will just pile on motivation for the team, especially when it's all just a bunch of BS.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, MJS said:

The Bills bring everyone together regardless of racial or political ties. That's what's magic about it. You don't have to worry about what Bob sitting next to you thinks about the latest election. You can both be unified in your love of the sport and of the Bills.

to go one step further, MJS, I don’t even really care what your thoughts on the Bills are.

:lol: ;) :thumbsup:

• Haha (+1) 3

1 minute ago, CaliBills said:

You all have started down the political rabbit hole......

This topic will be locked soon I am sure.

It was inevitable that it would given the comments by Mr. Foxworth.  The problem though is that in this case the politics and the football actually do overlap here big time.

Here is an employee for ESPN, the premiere football broadcasting company in America, expressing what can only be seen as racist sentiments. And when the target is the Bills QB who is highly admired on 2BD you're going to get emotional responses.  If we didn't take this in a political direction we would be chumps IMO. 

And this is why a lot of us are worried about the state of sports in America. It's sad that Mr. Foxworths comments might contribute to politicizing something as beautiful as supporting your favorite sports team.  At a time when very little unites us we can't let cretins like this guy ruin one of the few things that does.

Therefore I would hope this board allows the robust and at times political condemnation of Mr. Foxworth to proceed.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 2

40 minutes ago, CEN-CAL17 said:

He wasn’t talking about Josh at all... he even said it. It was 100% talking about his fans that love the American flag.... what he meant in regards to dogs and crossbones is just beyond me. Most would assume he’s targeting White Patriots specifically.

I posted the type of people Foxworth was referencing.  He was just dancing around it...poorly.

• Like (+1) 2

19 minutes ago, CincyBillsFan said:

Oh come on.  What proof do you or anyone have that Allen is a favorite of the Proud Boys?  And who cares if he was? 

I'm just decoding his comments.  

I kind of root against LeBron because I dislike his fans' attempt to prop him over Jordan.   I have zero problems with James himself. 

It's not unfathomable.

• Like (+1) 2