Can someone explain the Josh Allen hate from Bomani Jones and Dominique Foxworth??

Special K

I listened to about two minutes of his podcast yesterday. That last two minutes i will ever tune into.

To summarize:

1. He holds a major grudge over the Bills handling of Tyrod. Both the benching of Tyrod in favor of Peterman and the subsequent trading of Tyrod after he helped lead the Bills to their first postseason in 17 years.  This grudge is in part some of the reason why he dislikes Allen to a degree and a large reason why he dislikes Buffalo. Compared it to the Lions firing Caldwell after too many 9-7 seasons. Acknowledged that race plays a part.

2. It's not "good enough to just be a good QB" WTF? He believes Allen is good but has a fatal flaw. Too much hero ball. He also believes Allen could never make the 4th down TD throw that Jackson made to Brown the other night. As he put it, when Allen decides to run he runs. He won't keep his eyes down the field and throw. Again, WTF?

3. He seems to think there was some level of hypocrisy among the Bills organization and their fans in their love of Allen through his first two years but their insistence of getting rid of Tyrod. Similar level of play between the two in his eyes. Of course this ignores the fact that Tyrod was on a downward trajectory and a 8 year vet while Allen was always improving and only in his second year. 

All three of his points are complete crap. 

Me: Hindsight is 20/20 and Bills look like geniuses for both moving on from Tyrod when they did and drafting Allen.

Edited by Sammy Watkins' Rib
  • Like (+1) 8
  • Awesome! (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 3

37 minutes ago, CSBill said:

Did he say something new today?

The same old nonsensical drivel he usually spouts to get attention. It's quite entertaining to hear how dumb he sounds. 

Bomani Jones will be squirming for the next 15 years because JA is here to stay. That should put a smile on everybody's face. Long term, the joke's on him (we'll see how long it takes for him to figure that out).

Race has everything to do with it.   When Jackson was getting questioned before the draft, all the disdain went to Allen because he wasn’t getting the same scrutiny and Allen had nothing to do with Jackson.  Race was the common denominator in the comparison.  Now there had been this Jackson vs Allen narrative going on for three years now.  Ask @C.Biscuit97, he bought into too.  Unfair to both QBs.  Foxworth said he likes to see Allen fail because it’s makes him happy to upset what he calls fans who like the American flag, dogs, and skull n crossbones.  

• Like (+1) 3

2 minutes ago, Lieutenant Aldo Raine said:

Race has everything to do with it.   When Jackson was getting questioned before the draft, all the disdain went to Allen because he wasn’t getting the same scrutiny and Allen had nothing to do with Jackson.  Race was the common denominator in the comparison.  Now there had been this Jackson vs Allen narrative going on for three years now.  Ask @C.Biscuit97, he bought into too.  Unfair to both QBs.  Foxworth said he likes to see Allen fail because it’s makes him happy to upset what he calls fans who like the American flag, dogs, and skull n crossbones.  

It's funny because when you hear the term racist you think of a southern white dude, but I have met racists of every color in my life. White, Black, Asian, Hispanic, Native American, etc etc...

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

The problem that he has is to context. I don't think anyone will say Allen was amazing on Sunday night. He was poor in the 1st half and good in the 2nd half for what I feel is an average game for his standards. They played the #1 Defense and he put up 240 yards and 2 TDs. In the second hald they dominted and took the foot off the petal (which I wish they'd stop doing)

1 minute ago, matter2003 said:

It's funny because when you hear the term racist you think of a southern white dude, but I have met racists of every color in my life. White, Black, Asian, Hispanic, Native American, etc etc...

@matter2003, were you on the Broncos message board yesterday?  I was browsing through, and thought I saw a Bills fan with the same name?

17 minutes ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

I listened to about two minutes of his podcast yesterday. That last two minutes i will ever tune into.

To summarize:

1. He holds a major grudge over the Bills handling of Tyrod. Both the benching of Tyrod in favor of Peterman and the subsequent trading of Tyrod after he helped lead the Bills to their first postseason in 17 years.  This grudge is in part some of the reason why he dislikes Allen to a degree and a large reason why he dislikes Buffalo. Compared it to the Lions firing Caldwell after too many 9-7 seasons. Acknowledged that race plays a part.

2. It's not "good enough to just be a good QB" WTF? He believe Allen is good but has a fatal flaw. Too much hero ball. He also believes Allen could never make the 4th down TD throw that Jackson made to Brown the other night. As he put it, when Allen decides to run he runs. He won't keep his eyes down the field and throw. Again, WTF?

3. He seems to think there was so level of hypocrisy among the Bills organization and their fans in their love of Allen through his first two years but their insistence of getting rid of Tyrod. Similar level of play between the two in his eyes. Of course this ignores the fact that Tyrod was on a downward trajectory and a 8 year vet while Allen was always improving and only in his second year. 

All three of his points are complete crap. 

Me: Hindsight is 20/20 and Bills look like geniuses for both moving on from Tyrod when they did and drafting Allen.

I won't even get into his ridiculous race takes, but it is inconceivable to me that someone who's entire job is to discuss/analyze sports can make the statement that JA doesn't keep his eyes down the field when he runs....  That's so far off, and honestly, embarassing, that he could have such a wrong take.  There's so many examples I can give, but I immediately think of Allen rolling right on 3rd down against Pitt, late in the game, and he fires a bomb down the field to an open Knox who gets tackled by the defender to prevent a TD.

5 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

Yep. People are people no matter their race or culture. Where there’s people there’s stupidity. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

57 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Are we still obsessing about these two no marks who other than for this thread I have never even heard of?

Seriously?

It satisfies the "oppressed white guy" and "blacks are racists too" itches that so many on this board need to constantly scratch.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Lieutenant Aldo Raine said:

@matter2003, were you on the Broncos message board yesterday?  I was browsing through, and thought I saw a Bills fan with the same name?

Haha, yeah, I was attempting to give them some knowledge about their Allen thread but the one who needed it most seemingly wants to live in his own bubble.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, matter2003 said:

Haha, yeah, I was attempting to give them some knowledge about their Allen thread but the one who needed it most seemingly wants to live in his own bubble.

Yeah, that dude was a dip****.  Reminds me of some of the haters here; can’t let go of their preconceived bias and have fall on to their proverbial sword.

15 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

It satisfies the "oppressed white guy" and "blacks are racists too" itches that so many on this board need to constantly scratch.

hmmm.... you'll have to excuse me if i get a bit irritated when a progressive network decides it ok to employ multiple individuals saying white Bills fans only like Allen because they're racist. Earlier in the year, just after Allen got named player of the month, he literally said the only reason Allen is getting hyped is because us white fans dont like the what "color" is making up the top of the qb lists nowadays...... HE EARNED PLAYER OF THE FRIGGIN MONTH.

I'd rather not have to satisfy any itch. I'd rather the itch not be there at all. there's no room for that sort of trash.

Edited by Stank_Nasty
  • Like (+1) 6
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, dma0034 said:

The problem that he has is to context. I don't think anyone will say Allen was amazing on Sunday night. He was poor in the 1st half and good in the 2nd half for what I feel is an average game for his standards. They played the #1 Defense and he put up 240 yards and 2 TDs. In the second hald they dominted and took the foot off the petal (which I wish they'd stop doing)

They got a field goal than played 5 min football.  The foot went on the throat and kept it there til the time ran out.  

16 minutes ago, SCBills said:

I won't even get into his ridiculous race takes, but it is inconceivable to me that someone who's entire job is to discuss/analyze sports can make the statement that JA doesn't keep his eyes down the field when he runs....  That's so far off, and honestly, embarassing, that he could have such a wrong take.  There's so many examples I can give, but I immediately think of Allen rolling right on 3rd down against Pitt, late in the game, and he fires a bomb down the field to an open Knox who gets tackled by the defender to prevent a TD.

Jones spent a couple of minutes talking about how bad his pocket presence is. Thats absolutely insane. i've been blown away at how he evades pressure with small movements this year and manages a pocket. And blaming race on Taylor vs Allen is just a lazy take. Tyrod was a veteran in regression. There was nothing left there. Comparing a year 2 Allen to a year 6 or 7 taylor is stupid.... honestly the dude needs to take a hard look in the mirror when it comes to his race issues. Or, at the very least, only bring it up when it actually makes sense. We all know its still an issue. But claiming it around every corner just diminishes his message.

Whats odd is after all of his Allen "hate" yesterday and through the season.... he admits he's been a top 10 qb this year and even as high as 7 or 8.... So im inclined to believe he quite literally only blasts him to get mentions and attention. 

Edited by Stank_Nasty
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Stank_Nasty said:

Jones spent a couple of minutes talking about how bad his pocket presence is. Thats absolutely insane. i've been blown away at how he evades pressure with small movements this year and manages a pocket. And blaming race on Taylor vs Allen is just a lazy take. Tyrod was a veteran in regression. There was nothing left there. Comparing a year 2 Allen to a year 6 or 7 taylor is stupid.... honestly the dude needs to take a hard look in the mirror when it comes to his race issues.

It's his whole schtick. ESPN cosigns his garbage too, because it gets views. If you take his one and only schtick away, Bomani Jones is left with nothing. This is how he makes his money. ESPN loves his ignorance.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

hmmm.... you'll have to excuse me i get a bit irritated when a progressive network decides it ok to employ multiple individuals saying White Bills fans only like Allen because they're racist. Earlier in the year, just after Allen got named player of the month, he literally said the only reason Allen is getting hyped is because us white fans dont like the what "color" is making up the top of the qb lists nowadays.

I'd rather not have to satisfy any itch. I'd rather the itch not be there at all. there's no room for that sort of trash.

I think you’re speaking to someone cut from the same cloth as Bomani  ...

So does he dislike Herbert of the chargers because he replaced Tyrod after an injury, which you almost never see, someone losing their spot to injury replacement? Does he dislike the chargers due to this “treatment” of Tyrod?

Tyrod was replaced here because his cieling isn’t even Josh’s floor. Nothing more nothing less

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

Jones spent a couple of minutes talking about how bad his pocket presence is. Thats absolutely insane. i've been blown away at how he evades pressure with small movements this year and manages a pocket. And blaming race on Taylor vs Allen is just a lazy take. Tyrod was a veteran in regression. There was nothing left there. Comparing a year 2 Allen to a year 6 or 7 taylor is stupid.... honestly the dude needs to take a hard look in the mirror when it comes to his race issues. Or, at the very least, only bring it up when it actually makes sense. We all know its still an issue. But claiming it around every corner just diminishes his message.

Whats odd is after ALL of his "hate".... he admits he's been a top 10 qb this year and even as high as 7 or 8.... So im inclined to believe he quite literally only blasts him to get mentions and attention. 

"As high as 7 or 8" is a sneaky diss too. You can only possibly make the argument that at worst, he is 4 behind Mahomes, Rodgers, Wilson. 4 is the absolute lowest ranking u can put Allen. Putting him at 7 or 8 is underrating him.

• Like (+1) 1