Can someone explain the Josh Allen hate from Bomani Jones and Dominique Foxworth??

Special K

On 11/12/2020 at 5:19 PM, HardyBoy said:

I think using JA as an example for that is wrong, he grinded and worked as hard as anyone to get there, but Bomani might be making the point that for many many equally skilled and sized black qbs there wouldn't have been even that random juco offer. He probably has a point there honestly if that is in fact what he is saying. 

I'm not sure he has a point there.

Look at Jordan Love. To me Love is very similar to Allen. Both played at a lower conference. Both had great sophomore years that put them on the map as a prospect but followed those seasons up with poor junior years prior to being drafted. They both have the size and arm talent which enabled each to be drafted in the first round. I think Allen went top 10 because of his superior athletic ability. But at the end of the day both grew up in the California Central Valley (California fly over country), both went to small colleges and both went in the first round.

Love went to much larger HS with a  better program. That got him straight into division 1 program. 

• 4 weeks later...

I bet these two idiots will focus on Josh's first quarter and completely ignore his second half on tomorrows show....Its comical how they twist themselves in knots with their ramblings to prevent from having to say three simple words: I WAS WRONG!

Edited by Special K
  • Like (+1) 1

On 11/12/2020 at 8:33 PM, TheBrownBear said:

For as smart as Bomani is, it is telling that he quit his Ph.D. in Econ and chose to be a pop culture writer and critic.  He's bright compared to most of these sports pundit morons, but he's not above a thoughtless "hot take", especially when it comes to race.  

It takes some amount of intelligence to earn a PhD.

Doesnt take a lot of intelligence to quit a PhD program.

These guys are a traveling clown show.

32 minutes ago, Special K said:

I bet these two idiots will focus on Josh's first quarter and completely ignore his second half on tomorrows show....Its comical how they twist themselves in knots with their ramblings to prevent from having to say three simple words: I WAS WRONG!

Hater Gonna Hate GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

• Like (+1) 1

57 minutes ago, Special K said:

Why even give them the click/listen? If you think they are idiots then put their show "on ignore."

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, aceman_16 said:

Why even give them the click/listen? If you think they are idiots then put their show "on ignore."

I know, it’s more like hate-watching at this point.....they are only on the show on Mondays, so the rest of the week isn’t as bad.

17 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

“Did you see how Allen let his arm get hit by Hayward and cause that int? McDermott is obviously racist for not pulling him out on the spot” 

You think they actually watch him play?

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, pennstate10 said:

It takes some amount of intelligence to earn a PhD.

Doesnt take a lot of intelligence to quit a PhD program.

These guys are a traveling clown show.

The attrition rate can be high. It's a mental gauntlet to see it through to the dissertation defense.

On September 15, 2020 at 12:47 AM, Special K said:

Skip to 10:55

These guys were complete jerks towards Josh Allen, and this isn't the first time they've done this to him.

I will never watch this show again when these two clowns are on it.....complete garbage from these guys!!

I think Bills Mafia need to get on these guys twitter accounts and let them know what we think of their opinions of Josh Allen!

I've come to realize that guys like these and Nick Wright are simply ATTENTION SEEKING WHORES

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Solomon Grundy said:

I've come to realize that guys like these and Nick Wright are simply ATTENTION SEEKING WHORES

They cant really believe what they are saying about Josh at this point. I think they do know that the Bills mafia is highly passionate and they will receive lots of clicks and tweets from angry Bills fans which helps them keep relevant and their jobs in sports media.

• Like (+1) 1

Some of the most disgusting commentary I’ve seen with regard to their stereotyping of Allen fans and disdain for Allen himself. They deserve no clickbait or followers. 

On 11/12/2020 at 8:33 PM, TheBrownBear said:

For as smart as Bomani is, it is telling that he quit his Ph.D. in Econ and chose to be a pop culture writer and critic.  He's bright compared to most of these sports pundit morons, but he's not above a thoughtless "hot take", especially when it comes to race.  

And unfortunately politics has now taken over sports commentary. The commentators must fear being objective because everything is viewed through a racial lense in the media today. When you curtail objective analysis you may as well not even tune in other than to watch the actual games and see for yourself. 

If you click on the show it’s the same as giving them money, why do you want to give them money?????, what does this say about those that complain, yet still give them money??? 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

You guys it's because our likes and retweets are questionable, or because you have an American flag in your avi, or something.  

lol I swear a double digit IQ is a prerequisite for working at ESPN nowadays.  

• Like (+1) 1