Can someone explain the Josh Allen hate from Bomani Jones and Dominique Foxworth??

Special K

1 hour ago, Lieutenant Aldo Raine said:

I get your point; but don't act like you're not sensitive either.

I’m not sensitive about the national media.  We have played maybe the 2 worst teams in the nfl.  Allen played great. Let’s just be happy and hope he continues it against some of the good teams we have coming.

if he plays close to this level next week, they will give him respect.  

• Haha (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

I’m not sensitive about the national media.  We have played maybe the 2 worst teams in the nfl.  Allen played great. Let’s just be happy and hope he continues it against some of the good teams we have coming.

They kinged Lamar Jackson last year week 1 vs a way worse Miami team

Again you're embarrassing yourself 

Josh Allen through two weeks isn't just the best qb in football,  hes playing at an all time level at this moment. Its ridiculous.  We're talking 84 Marino, 99 kurt Warner 

This isnt navy option Lamar running around 

Edited by AirAllenPower
  • Haha (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

The jets defense is not a bad unit, and Miami is far better than you're letting on. 

Let it go dude

1 minute ago, PromoTheRobot said:

LOL at the "Western Siberia" dig. Dude, you live if flippin' Minneapolis. A city where they have tunnels and walkways so people don't have to step outside in winter!

Yeah. It's colder there. Doesn't get as much snow, but they shouldn't be bringing up winter to anyone.

13 hours ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

If you want haters to become praisers Josh has to perform in the big moments. Those games are coming up. Everyone still remembers the bad plays in the Texans game.

It's because no one cares if you do it against those teams. He'll know what Josh does vs the Rams because he'll be watching.

Horse crap. If Tom Brady opened on those teams and pulled that off they’d all be praising him as still having it. If it were Mayfield he would get huge props. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, AirAllenPower said:

The jets defense is not a bad unit, and Miami is far better than you're letting on. 

Let it go dude

Huh?  The Jets are the worst team in the nfl.  They have a decent d line and is trash everywhere else.  They start Chris Hogan and Frank Gore. 

some of you are weird.  I think every is thrilled with Allen and how the team is playing.  Yet some of you seem angry.  I think a lot of us are excited to see this team against a real opponent to truly measure how good they are.  But they are doing what they should do to bad opponents.  You should crush them.  And they have, especially offensively.

2 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

Horse crap. If Tom Brady opened on those teams and pulled that off they’d all be praising him as still having it. If it were Mayfield he would get huge props. 

I mean Brady has 6 SBs so he has a bit of resume. And no one cares about Baker.  Dude took far more hate than Allen did last year. 

• Haha (+1) 1

32 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

You stated, "Honestly, who cares?  Some of you are so sensitive about everything."  I'm just pointing out you can be sensitive too, especially when it comes to Lamar Jackson.  

20 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Huh?  The Jets are the worst team in the nfl.  They have a decent d line and is trash everywhere else.  They start Chris Hogan and Frank Gore. 

some of you are weird.  I think every is thrilled with Allen and how the team is playing.  Yet some of you seem angry.  I think a lot of us are excited to see this team against a real opponent to truly measure how good they are.  But they are doing what they should do to bad opponents.  You should crush them.  And they have, especially offensively.

I mean Brady has 6 SBs so he has a bit of resume. And no one cares about Baker.  Dude took far more hate than Allen did last year. 

Who would you rather have 

Peyton manning or Tommy Frazier?

Type "Josh Allen" into a Google search and you'll see that he's getting tons of love from the national media.  There are always going to be detractors and contrarians and those just looking for clicks.  Hell, Tom Brady has 6 Super Bowl rings and there will always be a contingent who views him as a "system" quarterback or labels him a cheater.  Peyton Manning, as great as he was, was often knocked for his lack of Super Bowl appearances and rings compared to Brady.   Anything short of perfection and you'll find someone popping up with a negative critique.  And even those who touch perfection will get labeled as "too perfect" or "robotic"...lol.  It is what it is.

Obviously, some Bills fans are extremely sensitive to this criticism and the outside public opinion about our team and quarterback.  It's completely understandable when you consider that we've been desperately praying for good quarterback play for the past 25 years.  There's a fear that maybe Josh won't become that elite guy that he's showing flashes of growing into.  We seek the outside validation to allay those fears and protect our own egos.   

For me, personally, I don't care at all what the outsiders think of Josh, because my eyeballs and the results on the field are telling me that Josh is THE GUY.  I feel very good about our chances of reaching a Super Bowl in the next 4-5 years with Josh leading the way.

• Thank you (+1) 2

9 minutes ago, Lieutenant Aldo Raine said:

You stated, "Honestly, who cares?  Some of you are so sensitive about everything."  I'm just pointing out you can be sensitive too, especially when it comes to Lamar Jackson.  

I think bashing the MVP of the league is kinda strange.  If Allen was the MVP last year, I won’t find ways to discount his accomplishments. 

personally, I like every qbs being good.  It’s better for the league.  I hate seeing scrubs like Jeff Driskel play. I miss the days of every week it was a matchup against a really good qb.  

3 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

I think bashing the MVP of the league is kinda strange.  If Allen was the MVP last year, I won’t find ways to discount his accomplishments. 

personally, I like every qbs being good.  It’s better for the league.  I hate seeing scrubs like Jeff Driskel play. I miss the days of every week it was a matchup against a really good qb.  

I don't disagree with that; I'm just saying you, me, all of us can be a little sensitive if the right topic or narrative is broached.  

Hey, when your team is recognized as a TOP NFL team you need to embrace the criticism that comes with being a winner. Last year these same guys said nothing till way past mid season.  Why? Because they were sure Buffalo would eventually drop out of the running.  AND, they were wrong

Say what you want, the Bills are 2-0.

On 9/15/2020 at 12:47 AM, Special K said:

Skip to 10:55

These guys were complete jerks towards Josh Allen, and this isn't the first time they've done this to him.

I will never watch this show again when these two clowns are on it.....complete garbage from these guys!!

I think Bills Mafia need to get on these guys twitter accounts and let them know what we think of their opinions of Josh Allen!

Who cares what they think or say?

1 hour ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

I could be wrong, I often am, but I don't think either the Jets or Miami are "the two worst teams in the NFL".   

I expect Miami to improve a bit on their 5-11 record of last year.  Maybe 7-9 or 8-8.  They'll be in the middle depending on injuries etc.  They'll be kind of like the 2018 Bills, a "tough out" for many teams but without quite enough talent to put teams away.

The Jets will be near the bottom, I believe, especially with Le'veon Bell headed to IR, but I think they were a team that was badly hampered by the lack of off-season with all the changes on the OL.  I expect their OL to get its act together and to see the Jets improve somewhat as the season wears on.

I don't think we know yet who the bottom two teams will be.

• Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, CodeMonkey said:

Who cares what they think or say?

It matters what legacy media says because it creates narratives and that can push all kinds of stuff in certain directions.  

The early 90s Bills were our greatest era 

The narrative on that team played a major role in hof selection as a small example 

12 hours ago, Warcodered said:

shorter version:

This Is Fine GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

You know, that dude had a pretty reasonable take until toward the end when he got to the “eventually Diggs will wear out his welcome in Buffalo. Josh Allen will revert to form where he’s constantly over throwing him. I have no doubt.”  What a completely lazy and uninformed take. I immediately shut it off after he said that, as he lost all credibility. Only wish he’d gotten there sooner, so I could’ve avoided wasting my time. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, TheProcess said:

You know, that dude had a pretty reasonable take until toward the end when he got to the “eventually Diggs will wear out his welcome in Buffalo. Josh Allen will revert to form where he’s constantly over throwing him. I have no doubt.”  What a completely lazy and uninformed take. I immediately shut it off after he said that, as he lost all credibility. Only wish he’d gotten there sooner, so I could’ve avoided wasting my time. 

Even worse did you hear this jack wagon from MINNESOTA call Buffalo "western Siberia"?  If Buffalo is Siberia what is Minneapolis - Antarctica?

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2