Can someone explain the Josh Allen hate from Bomani Jones and Dominique Foxworth??

Special K

17 hours ago, Special K said:

Skip to 10:55

These guys were complete jerks towards Josh Allen, and this isn't the first time they've done this to him.

I will never watch this show again when these two clowns are on it.....complete garbage from these guys!!

I think Bills Mafia need to get on these guys twitter accounts and let them know what we think of their opinions of Josh Allen!

Why would I watch that ***** let alone skip to a part where they are talking?

• Haha (+1) 1

I listen to Lebatard's show and he's been an Allen hater for his entire career so far. He was even shitting on Allen's performance on Sunday saying "you need an arm to be a QB" and then went on to praise Cam's day even though Allen's stat line was 10x better.

He doesn't watch Bills games, he just finds what people on Twitter are talking about and make some exaggerated comment off of it.

16 hours ago, CEN-CAL17 said:

In the lateral play... if Josh tosses that a second earlier Knox gains about 20 more yards easily. Josh hesitated. I don’t fault him for that. 

The fumbling  from him is just not being smart right now. Both those fumbles were on 3rd down. Get the yardage and slide, don’t even take a hit... it’s not that he’s sloppy, he just needs to mature and know when to go for it and when to play smart....

I felt he was a little sloppy on like 2-3 passes on Sunday and the fumbles could have been avoided, just slide especially if you already have the first down.

Fumbling is being sloppy.  He’s not holding the ball tight enough and he’s not aware of who is around him.  Very avoidable.  And some of the missed passes didn’t need to happen either; even though he was rolling to his left he could have stopped, set his feet and made that throw to Smoke in the end zone.  He got in a hurry and tried to shortcut it.  

And that lateral can’t happen in a playoff game.  Possession is everything in win or go home scenarios so some risks ain’t worth taking.   I understand his competitive fire.  I love it.  But, again, keeping possession is everything in a league where most games come down to a few plays.

19 hours ago, Hampton Josh fan said:

He is 27 games in as a starter. Interceptions and bad decisions on throws are not the turnovers he's having. The ball security should be tightened up by the coaching staff. He brings a dimension to our offence with the running and incredible arm strength that only a handful of teams have. Give this guy this season to show his ability to win against good defenses. Bills fans should be more concerned about opening holes for the run game Josh needs to maximize his talent. 

His last 18 games - 18 fumbles.  I like the dude, but this issue hasn’t gone away and it keeps games closer than they need to be.

Edited by purple haze

14 hours ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

Lamar does the same play and misses big 

yet some praise him 

SMFH 

If Josh Allen won the Heisman/ MVP by age 23, do you think the narrative would be different on him?  Of course it would.  Allen wasn’t that great in college and he hasn’t put up great numbers in the nfl so far.  Why do some act like people are just making you reasons why Allen has been doubted?

also, flip side.  If Allen won the Heisman, would nfl “draft experts” have him as not a first round pick and having to switch positions?  I’d argue that Jackson has gotten a lot more unreasonable “hate” than Allen when you compare their resumes.  Despite being a 56% passer in the MWC, no one suggested Allen should switch positions or shouldn’t be a high pick. 

On 9/15/2020 at 2:49 AM, HardyBoy said:

Thank you! Looking forward to some mild fall and winter weather (grew up in Rochester and then lived in Boston before moving down to ft lauderdale the last eight years).

10.5 hour drive without breaks...gonna have an 80lb dog and two cats in my car, my wife is going to have the two kids and we're just gonna power through.

Made that move years ago (Orlando to Oxford, NC) before moving back to Rochester last year. You’ll love the fall, spring, and early summer. Mid summer is unfortunately like central Florida with no breeze, and morning rain just sits in the clay and turns into steam. 

1 hour ago, purple haze said:

Fumbling is being sloppy.  He’s not holding the ball tight enough and he’s not aware of who is around him.  Very avoidable.  And some of the missed passes didn’t need to happen either; even though he was rolling to his left he could have stopped, set his feet and made that throw to Smoke in the end zone.  He got in a hurry and tried to shortcut it.  

And that lateral can’t happen in a playoff game.  Possession is everything in win or go home scenarios so some risks ain’t worth taking.   I understand his competitive fire.  I love it.  But, again, keeping possession is everything in a league where most games come down to a few plays.

His last 18 games - 18 fumbles.  I like the dude, but this issue hasn’t gone away and it keeps games closer than they need to be.

You make valid points. He has not valued the football as much as he needs to. He is the best young QB aside from Mahomes and Jackson. His dual threat will get us deep in the playoffs. He made great throws all game and converted 3rd downs with zero run game. He missed Brown, but that play was wide open because teams have to protect against him on any bootleg because of his speed. Watch him grow each week and start protecting the ball better. Be critical,  but look at where our QB situation was the last 20 years. I'm feeling great about our chances. 

• Like (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, Hampton Josh fan said:

You make valid points. He has not valued the football as much as he needs to. He is the best young QB aside from Mahomes and Jackson. His dual threat will get us deep in the playoffs. He made great throws all game and converted 3rd downs with zero run game. He missed Brown, but that play was wide open because teams have to protect against him on any bootleg because of his speed. Watch him grow each week and start protecting the ball better. Be critical,  but look at where our QB situation was the last 20 years. I'm feeling great about our chances. 

I like him.  He’s vastly improved from his rookie season.  He’s pretty good.  He has the physical ability to be great.  I want greatness. But his mind will be the key to unlocking his full potential.  

On 9/14/2020 at 11:47 PM, Special K said:

Skip to 10:55

These guys were complete jerks towards Josh Allen, and this isn't the first time they've done this to him.

I will never watch this show again when these two clowns are on it.....complete garbage from these guys!!

I think Bills Mafia need to get on these guys twitter accounts and let them know what we think of their opinions of Josh Allen!

I wouldn’t watch these two clowns even if they were Josh’s biggest fans !! 
To be honest I can’t remember the last time I watched ESPN , 

I watch NFL Network for highlights , scores around the league and anything related to football

i understand that they’re dolphins fans but this is not a local program , you have to be a little more objective 

Edited by Putin
  • Like (+1) 1

17 hours ago, theAteam said:

I listen to Lebatard's show and he's been an Allen hater for his entire career so far. He was even shitting on Allen's performance on Sunday saying "you need an arm to be a QB" and then went on to praise Cam's day even though Allen's stat line was 10x better.

He doesn't watch Bills games, he just finds what people on Twitter are talking about and make some exaggerated comment off of it.

I'm an Allen fan, but Cam's stat line was great on Sunday. Over 100 rating, 2 rushing TDs, and no TOs.  Passing yardage is not an important stat.

Edited by dave mcbride

On 9/14/2020 at 10:04 PM, gobills404 said:

Cause he's already way better than how good 90% of the media thought he would ever be. Only acknowledging his flaws is their way of coping with their trash takes.

That's the bottom line. He's already exceeded the expectations of 80% of his original doubters. There's always going to be people like Babatude with attitude. They will continue to rationalize their early feelings on Allen by exemplifying his occassionally miscues. You can't deny he is slowly improving. And this drives Bomani nuts. Now that this has become a national quarrel, Bomani will never change his mind or admit he was wrong. Last I checked, Lamar has the same amount of playoff wins as Josh.

• Like (+1) 1

17 hours ago, Buffalo Junction said:

Made that move years ago (Orlando to Oxford, NC) before moving back to Rochester last year. You’ll love the fall, spring, and early summer. Mid summer is unfortunately like central Florida with no breeze, and morning rain just sits in the clay and turns into steam. 

Nice! I'm super excited to all the outdoor stuff available to us now. At least Orlando has access to cool hiking...fort Lauderdale has just the beach basically and a few nice parks...but it's so developed.

We rented in Garner for the year and then we'll figure out a bit more. If you have any suggestions for cool things to do and have a moment to pm, definitely would be appreciated. Hoping to be able to get Stephenson's BBQ tomorrow since its 10 min from my place and on the nc bbq trail.

Also, have a feeling I might end up back in Rochester myself one of these days a while from now (from Penfield and went to U of R...then got the heck out to Boston, FL, and now Raleigh).

• Like (+1) 2

7 hours ago, HardyBoy said:

Nice! I'm super excited to all the outdoor stuff available to us now. At least Orlando has access to cool hiking...fort Lauderdale has just the beach basically and a few nice parks...but it's so developed.

We rented in Garner for the year and then we'll figure out a bit more. If you have any suggestions for cool things to do and have a moment to pm, definitely would be appreciated. Hoping to be able to get Stephenson's BBQ tomorrow since its 10 min from my place and on the nc bbq trail.

Also, have a feeling I might end up back in Rochester myself one of these days a while from now (from Penfield and went to U of R...then got the heck out to Boston, FL, and now Raleigh).

BBQ Trail is a must, it’s really one of the best ways to find what places you like. Also, don’t be shy about ordering the fried chicken as some of the BBQ joints really shine at it. 

Feel free to hit me up with a pm. I’d rather not bog down this thread with an off topic conversation. 👍🏼

• Like (+1) 1

On 9/15/2020 at 9:34 AM, Stank_Nasty said:

Meanwhile most of the same media slobs all over Newton and his 240 total yds vs that vaunted fins defense.... makes sense right? 

If it’s Allen it was “just the Jets”. Newton, after an 0-8 stretch, has a fairly pedestrian game against a crap squad and his whole career trajectory has changed now! 

did you see JacksonS lateral this weekend? Probably not, but it was about as bad as Allen’s from last season.  Where’s the coverage on that? Where’s the tweets and gifs? Allen goes 33-44 for over 300, 104 rating and no picks and what do they talk about? a missed pass. Sorry, that’s just lame and pathetic. 

We agree on one thing though. The ONLY way the narrative changes is when he strings together some solid games vs legit squads. That doesn’t change how silly it is to just totally discount when he carves up a bad team. He didn’t was he was supposed to do. Allen has already proved most of these hot takes wrong and they all look like little toddlers throwing tantrums just plugging there ears and stomping around trying to point out one bad play. 

Been throwing this in at various discussions.  Josh Allen in 2019 had a season much like Cam's average from 2013-2017 which, of course, includes his MVP year, per PFR.  So it's not just last week it also is about the consensus narrative of them.  Having 5 years of Cam's play looking like Josh's 2nd year means what?  Cam is not as good as advertised or Josh is better than portrayed?  I think both are likely true.

Josh 2019 vs. 5 years of Cam.JPG