Can someone explain the Josh Allen hate from Bomani Jones and Dominique Foxworth??

Special K

I've never heard of them before this...what is this obsession with everyone having to agree? Stop dropping everything in your life to and racing to post stupid sh*t random internet people say...you'll be a lot happier and the rest of us won't have to have this same conversation for the hundredth time. 

• Like (+1) 1

Josh has work to do to silence his haters. No real mystery. Do I think some of it is a little harsh when you compare the treatment to what other QBs get? Yes, I think it’s a little unfair they hang on one misfire on what was otherwise a pretty solid day passing. But winning cures all. 

With respect to Dominique Foxworth’s take, most of it was fine. You could make a ton of memes and gifs with those facial contortions he makes when reacting to other takes. Bomani is just an opinionated dude. He’s got a little of the “I’m smarter than everyone else / my way or the highway” sort of vibe to him. Personally, I think that plays better on Around the Horn vs. other shows, but to each their own. Only thing that matters to me is winning and seeing Josh keep improving. 

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

if Allen wins a MVP/ SB, they will stop laughing at his bad plays because then it just looks petty,

It already does. But based on your prior material on here I guess it’s not surprising that you don’t think so. 

Again, I think we both agree it won’t stop this week, even with another good game. He’s gotta put up against a couple of contenders. I just don’t agree that it’s warranted at this point regardless of who he’s played. For people to pick out one pass after that type of game, regardless of opponent or his past, is just really foolish IMO. 

Edited by Stank_Nasty

There will always be critics...... That throw to Brow and the miss to Knox earlier tells he me he heeds to spend some time working on that throw rolling to his left.....and then the ball security when running........Some of the points they make are valid but way over zealous and atleast Bomani Jones said he had a pretty good game but if they are to be competitive come playoff and to the superbowl these have to be fixed I concur.  There was a bad throw late in the game that could of been picked.  It was the Jets and I drink a littel that good thing this was against the Jets because there will be games where the Defense may be nicked up like this week that the offense needs to shoulder more of the load and those mistakes may come to bite ya

2 minutes ago, ILBillsfan said:

There will always be critics...... That throw to Brow and the miss to Knox earlier tells he me he heeds to spend some time working on that throw rolling to his left.....and then the ball security when running........Some of the points they make are valid but way over zealous and atleast Bomani Jones said he had a pretty good game but if they are to be competitive come playoff and to the superbowl these have to be fixed I concur.  There was a bad throw late in the game that could of been picked.  It was the Jets and I drink a littel that good thing this was against the Jets because there will be games where the Defense may be nicked up like this week that the offense needs to shoulder more of the load and those mistakes may come to bite ya

He certainly can spend more time, but he can make that throw; there's plenty of tape on him making it.  The one against Miami from the endzone immediately comes to mind.  He just missed the throws.

2 hours ago, Kelsayrundefense said:

How did Foxworth get an MBA from Harvard?  Guy is a moron.

He’s far from that.  He doesn’t make Allen turn over the ball or not set his feet and airmail throws that should be completions.  And he’s right, good teams will make the Bills pay for those mistakes.  

The issue is he and many pundits ignore the many good plays he makes with his arm and legs.  

• Like (+1) 1

41 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

It already does. But based on your prior material on here I guess it’s not surprising that you don’t think so. 

Again, I think we both agree it won’t stop this week, even with another good game. He’s gotta put up against a couple of contenders. I just don’t agree that it’s warranted at this point regardless of who he’s played. For people to pick out one pass after that type of game, regardless of opponent or his past, is just really foolish IMO. 

What prior material?  Why are some of you so sensitive?  You guys would really be going nuts over the Wyoming QB who completed 58% of his passes in the MWC, didn’t make 1st or 2nd team his last year there, and is completing 58% of his nfl passes and averaging 190 passing yards a game if he wasn’t a Bill?  

there were plenty of reasons to doubt Allen.  If he succeeds, he will be the exception rather than the rule.  But stop attacking like it’s so agenda.  We would have been questioning him as a NFl qb if the Jets drafted him.  

dude had the best passing game of his career against a terrible team.  Kudos to him. Now prove it against good teams and be consistent and he will get all the praise. 

20 minutes ago, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

I don't watch ESPN, they fired all of their elite reporters/analyst. I watched this clip and all of these guys are horrid. Let's hype up Cam and crap on Allen, what a joke of a show. 

You don’t understand why a SB/ MVP might get a bigger leash than Allen at this point? 

22 minutes ago, Lieutenant Aldo Raine said:

He certainly can spend more time, but he can make that throw; there's plenty of tape on him making it.  The one against Miami from the endzone immediately comes to mind.  He just missed the throws.

This is the real point.  Everyone knows he can make these throws because he has.  And every QB misses throws - each and every game.  There will always be that one throw, or those two throws.  If that is what some what to focus on, so be it.

7 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

What prior material?  Why are some of you so sensitive?  You guys would really be going nuts over the Wyoming QB who completed 58% of his passes in the MWC, didn’t make 1st or 2nd team his last year there, and is completing 58% of his nfl passes and averaging 190 passing yards a game if he wasn’t a Bill?  

there were plenty of reasons to doubt Allen.  If he succeeds, he will be the exception rather than the rule.  But stop attacking like it’s so agenda.  We would have been questioning him as a NFl qb if the Jets drafted him.  

dude had the best passing game of his career against a terrible team.  Kudos to him. Now prove it against good teams and be consistent and he will get all the praise. 

You are nearly impossible to talk to about this.... So when I say a segment of a show is petty because their literally laughing at our qb and forming an opinion or argument of his game based on one play that’s means I’m going nuts over my qb? Get a clue man. This is exactly the material I speak of from you.  I can have a completely even head about my qb, acknowledge he HAS to make that throw and get better, and still say those dudes look like idiots for how they talked about Allen. That doesn’t make me some

sensitive rabid Allen fanboy. But you consistently paint with broad strokes so whatever. 

If you have watched jones and foxworth and how hard they go on Allen and don’t think it’s anything other than agenda driven then there’s obviously no talking to you about it. Which I sort of already knew, so I don’t know why I bothered. 

Edited by Stank_Nasty

2 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

You don’t understand why a SB/ MVP might get a bigger leash than Allen at this point? 

What bigger leash? Cam was a FA for what felt like 9 months. No teams wanted him and it took a Patriots team that traded Brady and had nothing at the QB position to finally sign him. Im just getting into my 4th beer, when I respond to your next post I should be on 8. 

10 hours ago, purple haze said:

Allen is sloppy with the rock.  People remember things like that.  They remember dumb laterals in playoff games.  That said, he’s still pretty good and getting better.  If he plays well and lessens turnovers the Bills will go far.  But he has to stop giving the ball away.  They should’ve had 40 something points yesterday.  Foxworth is right.  Better teams will take advantage of those mistakes.

Count on a strip fumble every game he is such a big part of the offense. He will get better at ball security with coaching but if he can move the ball up and down the field and be the threat they have to protect against, this team will be tough to defend. Josh is on track to be a winning QB in the league. His completion rate and decision making will improve with the reps with this receiving corp. He is a great leader and takes responsibility for mistakes and bad outcomes. Let these experts level criticism and predictions at their own peril.

Does Josh deserve a little criticism? Sure. But it’s not just these two knuckleheads, it’s everywhere.

I saw QBs misfiring everywhere. For the most part, Josh did well, and in many cases better than a lot of these other QBs. 

I do think its odd that they demand perfect mistake free football from the guy they considered a garbage fire  raw prospect. But everyone else gets the benefit of the doubt because of no preseason, etc. 

Edited by Bobby Hooks

Dan LeBatard was always a fun read while he was at the Miami Herald in the 1990s, especially on Mondays after a loss to the Bills. Not even Bills fans could roast and destroy the Dolphins as savagely as Dan. Always a great amount of schadenfreude to be had.

His ESPN show is more entertainment than Sports Analysis, or even Sports Entertainment.

Dont take anything these guys say too seriously.

2 minutes ago, Hampton Josh fan said:

Count on a strip fumble every game he is such a big part of the offense. He will get better at ball security with coaching but if he can move the ball up and down the field and be the threat they have to protect against, this team will be tough to defend. Josh is on track to be a winning QB in the league. His completion rate and decision making will improve with the reps with this receiving corp. He is a great leader and takes responsibility for mistakes and bad outcomes. Let these experts level criticism and predictions at their own peril.

He’s had issues with turnovers every season. I’m concerned this isn’t something he will get past at this point.   And that’s a problem because moving the ball up and down the field is something he’s lead before; then he fumbles away the points the Bills should have, and the game is closer than it should be.

But yeah, he has all the intangibles one could want.  And his physical ability speaks for itself.