Can someone explain the Josh Allen hate from Bomani Jones and Dominique Foxworth??

Special K

20 minutes ago, 808 said:

Deshaun watson is not 0-2 in the first round😂

Okay, made a mistake. he's 0-1 in first rd and 0-1 in 2nd rd. I've corrected the error.  It gets foggy this time of night at work. Did you agree with the rest or did you just want to spot check my post. I usually do but like I said, I'm at work.

Appreciate the correction though👍

Edited by billsbackto81

You all know Josh will see this today.  Someone will send it to him.  After he watches it he will take two deep breaths and immediately put on film of the Dolphins / Patriots game on Sunday and spend twice as much time as he ordinarily would breaking down the Phin's defense so he is ready for next Sunday. 

It's the politically correct answer for Allen to come out and say that he doesn't listen to the relentless media bashing, that it doesn't matter what people say about him outside of One Bills Drive, but the guy's only human.  You know it has to piss him off and it fuels him to prove everyone of them wrong. 

Keep talking your trash Le Batard and Bomani.  Josh is going to make you make you eat those words one day.

Edited by Inigo Montoya
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Special K said:

Skip to 10:55

These guys were complete jerks towards Josh Allen, and this isn't the first time they've done this to him.

I will never watch this show again when these two clowns are on it.....complete garbage from these guys!!

I think Bills Mafia need to get on these guys twitter accounts and let them know what we think of their opinions of Josh Allen!

The pass play was spoken to in another thread,

Brady and Mahomes did the same damn thing in their game.  Do they suck? 

those guys are morons for their comments

• Like (+1) 1

It will probably take a Super Bowl win and maybe a few pro bowls or an MVP season to realistically change the opinions on some of the “analysts” and media. There were a significant number of people who thought Allen was trash coming out. And out of those people, a portion of them have been willing to admit that he is better than they thought and has potential while the rest have dug in and just rely on the random bad play from Allen posted on Twitter to troll Bills fans and make themselves feel better about their draft take. 

it seems crazy to think that a player would have to achieve that much to get some level of respect from a significant portion of the pundits when often another qb can play 1-2 games and be automatically placed in the upper half of the league’s quarterbacks. But Allen was such a polarizing draft prospect analytics v physical traits that people got more invested in their takes than usual. Plus, I think some of the draft day twitter posts from when Allen was a teenager added some more fuel to the fire for some of the media who already thought he was trash. It seemed to elevate the hate and target on him even more. In the end, those that watch and follow Allen know he is already a good qb, excellent leader and has special traits that can allow him to become one of the league’s best at his position. I think he has a great personality and has gained a lot of respect amongst his peers as evidenced by him appearing on the NFL too 100 list. Better to be respected by your teammates and opponents than loved by the media (still seeing those Baker commercials makes me laugh although some of them are pretty funny). 

Edited by racketmaster
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

These guys aren't saying anything I haven't heard here often enough. No QB in the league is going to finish the season without some interceptions, some fumbles and some missed throws. He needs to play a perfect game every week and if he doesn't the line in the media is going to be "yeah he won but......(low completion percentage, fumbles, missed throws, interceptions, etc)"

Sunday is a perfect example. The story isn't that he won, it isn't that he completed 71% of his throws, it isn't that he pulled off some Houdini like escapes, it isn't that he audibled out of a bad play and in to a TD, it isn't that he ran for a TD, it isn't that he ran for a chunk of yards, it isn't that he made some truly amazing throws and it isn't that he threw 2 TD's. The story is 2 fumbles and a missed a throw. 

• Like (+1) 2

I caught this show a couple times in flipping through channels and the sad part is.... that’s the Bomani being nice about Allen. He’s usually way worse. 

he and foxworth are both complete idiots about Allen. About a month ago fozworth was on “Get up” and the topic of which East qb would you rather have for the long haul came up. Tim Hasselbeck(former NFL qb) picked Allen. Foxworth was completely disgusted and wasn’t shy in saying so. But it’s funny to me how many former qb’s love Allen and everyone else loses their minds over it. 

-Both Simms

-Quinn

-Hasselbeck

-Esiason

... just funny to me how many former qb’s have gone to bat for him over the last 2 years and people lose their minds over it. 

Edited by Stank_Nasty

5 hours ago, billsbackto81 said:

Okay, made a mistake. he's 0-1 in first rd and 0-1 in 2nd rd. I've corrected the error.  It gets foggy this time of night at work. Did you agree with the rest or did you just want to spot check my post. I usually do but like I said, I'm at work.

Appreciate the correction though👍

He cant be 0-1 since he beat us. Gotta at least be 1-1.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Got no problem with most of their comments.  I actually agree that some of Josh's mistakes on Sunday could've resulted in a loss against a better team.  They do seem to be overlooking the progress of Josh and the overall result from Sunday.  

On a side note, who still wears a bluetooth earpiece?  Going further, knowing you are gonna be a national television and not taking a phone call why keep it in?

6 hours ago, billsbackto81 said:

Josh is his own worse enemy. Stop making stupid mistakes, make the easy throws and hold on to the darn ball! The criticism is justified, unfortunately they only focus on the shortcomings and not the progress he's made. The bad throw everyone is enjoying was really bad. He was throwing into the wind and put too much on it while on the run. No excuse for missing that. Lamar had a similar play where he overthrew his TE in the end zone but his wasn't as egregious and the receiver made a spectacular leaping one handed grab. I can guarantee you if Josh threw that pass the narrative would have been "what a horrible throw, his TE saved him on that one"! Just like his completions to Brown (off the shoelaces) for a TD and to Beasley (big gain he had to catch falling) but would've been a TD with a better throw.

I agree that some criticism is justified, but not the level of criticism he's getting from much of the league. Some (not you) are acting like he almost cost the team the game or like he wasn't mostly responsible for this win is absurd. He was inside the 20 on both drives on which he fumbled, and led them craftily down the field for touchdowns the other three drives of the first half. Yes, they should have been 31 or 35 to nothing at half, but they were still 21-3 and the 21 were due to Josh Allen. 

Is there room for improvement -- yes, and that should be scary for the rest of the league. Could he still implode -- of course. Has he improved from game-to-game and year-to-year -- imo, clearly.

Those who focus on Allen's mistakes as if they define him, and are the lone definition of Josh Allen, look silly and petty to me.

• Like (+1) 1