Can someone explain the Josh Allen hate from Bomani Jones and Dominique Foxworth??

Special K

Skip to 10:55

These guys were complete jerks towards Josh Allen, and this isn't the first time they've done this to him.

I will never watch this show again when these two clowns are on it.....complete garbage from these guys!!

I think Bills Mafia need to get on these guys twitter accounts and let them know what we think of their opinions of Josh Allen!

Edited by Special K
  • Like (+1) 4

Allen is sloppy with the rock.  People remember things like that.  They remember dumb laterals in playoff games.  That said, he’s still pretty good and getting better.  If he plays well and lessens turnovers the Bills will go far.  But he has to stop giving the ball away.  They should’ve had 40 something points yesterday.  Foxworth is right.  Better teams will take advantage of those mistakes.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

9 minutes ago, Special K said:

Lebaturd is, but the other two are not.

Meh, he's not really a fan of any team anymore. Too much time in sports journalism will do that to you (I live in south florida and have listened to him a crap ton since 2012...well until tomorrow when we're driving/moving to Raleigh).

I don't get their hate for Allen either honestly...they truly are all about nuance in just about everything except for Josh Allen...I think they're trolling a bit, but also setting up a bit when Allen gets good they can make fun of themselves...I don't think he did it on purpose, but Le Batard predicted the Lions would win the nfc north the year the went 0-16 and they've been making fun of him for that on the radio show randomly since I started listening. It's a parody of talk sports radio...if you look at it like that, you'll be in on the joke and it's pretty hilarious honestly, just takes a bit of getting used to it being a parody...basically they're parodying shows like Schopp and the Bulldog, where they have no idea on what they're watching strategy wise, but comment like they know everything without question, and likely didn't even watch the random golf round they are commenting on.

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, HardyBoy said:

Meh, he's not really a fan of any team anymore. Too much time in sports journalism will do that to you (I live in south florida and have listened to him a crap ton since 2012...well until tomorrow when we're driving/moving to Raleigh).

I don't get their hate for Allen either honestly...they truly are all about nuance in just about everything except for Josh Allen...I think they're trolling a bit, but also setting up a bit when Allen gets good they can make fun of themselves...I don't think he did it on purpose, but Le Batard predicted the Lions would win the nfc north the year the went 0-16 and they've been making fun of him for that on the radio show randomly since I started listening. It's a parody of talk sports radio...if you look at it like that, you'll be in on the joke and it's pretty hilarious honestly, just takes a bit of getting used to it being a parody...basically they're parodying shows like Schopp and the Bulldog, where they have no idea on what they're watching strategy wise, but comment like they know everything without question, and likely didn't even watch the random golf round they are commenting on.

I understand they are in the “hot take” business, and I’m not saying Josh played a perfect game, but this is at least the fourth or fifth time they’ve done it, and it just seems more of a personal rather than professional attack, and I was just wondering what people think their problem is with him.

29 minutes ago, HardyBoy said:

Good luck in your move! 

Josh is his own worse enemy. Stop making stupid mistakes, make the easy throws and hold on to the darn ball! The criticism is justified, unfortunately they only focus on the shortcomings and not the progress he's made. The bad throw everyone is enjoying was really bad. He was throwing into the wind and put too much on it while on the run. No excuse for missing that. Lamar had a similar play where he overthrew his TE in the end zone but his wasn't as egregious and the receiver made a spectacular leaping one handed grab. I can guarantee you if Josh threw that pass the narrative would have been "what a horrible throw, his TE saved him on that one"! Just like his completions to Brown (off the shoelaces) for a TD and to Beasley (big gain he had to catch falling) but would've been a TD with a better throw.

Lamar is 0-2 in first rd playoff games. Deshaun is 0-1 in first rd playoff games and blew a 24 point lead in the other. Yet they praise those players without a negative word to be said. Draw your own conclusions why. Are they better players than Josh at this point? I'd say yes, but can we acknowledge they have shortcomings as well or is that against today's rules?

Edited by billsbackto81
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

At this point, I expect more analysts to downplay the good things Allen did, I don’t really have a problem with that. And I don’t have an issue with them pointing out the bad. But what I got sick of both Sunday and Monday was hearing about Cam Newton and his insanely average day playing a rebuilding Dolphins team where he looked PATHETICALLY slow on his runs.

I get that he’s Bellichek’s boy and all, but geez, some would have thought he threw for 500 yards and 6 TDs with all the praise he got

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Special K said:

Skip to 10:55

These guys were complete jerks towards Josh Allen, and this isn't the first time they've done this to him.

I will never watch this show again when these two clowns are on it.....complete garbage from these guys!!

I think Bills Mafia need to get on these guys twitter accounts and let them know what we think of their opinions of Josh Allen!

Its not just them....there was a group of "experts" that were so sure that Josh Allen was going to bust that they went all in on that before and when he was drafted.......

Now.....they cant back track off it because they were so stupid.

WHy cant people just understand that Josh Allen will never by Tom Brady......but is still a very good football player

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Special K said:

I understand they are in the “hot take” business, and I’m not saying Josh played a perfect game, but this is at least the fourth or fifth time they’ve done it, and it just seems more of a personal rather than professional attack, and I was just wondering what people think their problem is with him.

That's the thing, they're not in the hot take business, they parody and make fun of people who do hot takes. This is the one actual hot take I've basically ever seen them do seriously...it's weird, I can't explain it.

1 hour ago, NewEra said:

Good luck in your move! 

Thank you! Looking forward to some mild fall and winter weather (grew up in Rochester and then lived in Boston before moving down to ft lauderdale the last eight years).

10.5 hour drive without breaks...gonna have an 80lb dog and two cats in my car, my wife is going to have the two kids and we're just gonna power through.

Edited by HardyBoy
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

34 minutes ago, billsbackto81 said:

Lamar is 0-2 in first rd playoff games. Deshaun is 0-2 in first rd playoff games and blew a 24 point lead in the other. Yet they praise those players without a negative word to be said. Draw your own conclusions why. Are they better players than Josh at this point? I'd say yes, but can we acknowledge they have shortcomings as well or is that against today's rules?

Deshaun watson is not 0-2 in the first round😂

• Like (+1) 2