Bills not coming out for National Anthem

DE Bills Fan

1 minute ago, Dragoon said:

This is crap that we’re talking about this. But if the Bills are gonna make political statements I’d rather not see it. 

Im not gonna say which side of the aisle I’m on — but the reason I hate this is sports were a great conversation starter with folks I know who disagree with me politically. That’s gone now. So there’s that. 

I just wanna watch and talk ball with any democrat or republican. That’s all. I don’t wanna talk Trump, I just wanna talk ball. 

How about Independent?

2 minutes ago, Dragoon said:

This is crap that we’re talking about this. But if the Bills are gonna make political statements I’d rather not see it. 

Im not gonna say which side of the aisle I’m on — but the reason I hate this is sports were a great conversation starter with folks I know who disagree with me politically. That’s gone now. So there’s that. 

I just wanna watch and talk ball with any democrat or republican. That’s all. I don’t wanna talk Trump, I just wanna talk ball. 

The Point is they made no political statement. They made a social statement. Buy a dictionary  or google the difference 

• Like (+1) 1

51 minutes ago, H2o said:

I honestly didn't even cut the game on until it was about 2 minutes into the first quarter. All I saw was a normal broadcast. Then I hit the mute button when they got on the soap box for a minute or two.  

I turned the TV on and off at least 6 times. I hope every team stays in the locker room for the anthem. 

Edited by Call_Of_Ktulu

6 minutes ago, Dragoon said:

Honestly, I don’t care about how they handled it, but you make a great point.  

Just today I asked someone who came into my agency, innocently, like i always do during this time of year.. “How was your weekend?.. catch any of the football games?”.....

::initiate hyperbaric rage chamber::

This basically happened to everyone I talked to today, so I just stopped asking my clients about it.  

Edited by SCBills

1 minute ago, Warcodered said:

Really you're not able to have a conversation about sports without bringing up the National Anthem?

I’ve found that the topic can’t be avoided. And I don’t bring it up. It’s really bothering people. I’m in sales. I used to bring up sports to break the ice. I don’t care about anything other than the NFL, but I always follow all sports so that I can have a conversation with any kind of sports fan. It’s great for sales. I don’t use this tactic anymore because of the current climate for just this reason. 

• Like (+1) 1

Nothing I could say would be better said than how Bob Dylan put it. We're being intentionally divided to be taken advantage of:

A bullet from the back of a bush
Took Medgar Evers' blood
A finger fired the trigger to his name
A handle hid out in the dark
A hand set the spark
Two eyes took the aim
Behind a man's brain
But he can't be blamed
He's only a pawn in their game

A South politician preaches to the poor white man
"You got more than the blacks, don't complain
You're better than them, you been born with white skin, " they explain
And the negr*'s name
Is used, it is plain
For the politician's gain
As he rises to fame
And the poor white remains
On the caboose of the train
But it ain't him to blame

The deputy sheriffs, the soldiers, the governors get paid
And the marshals and cops get the same
But the poor white man's used in the hands of them all like a tool
He's taught in his school
From the start by the rule
That the laws are with him
To protect his white skin
To keep up his hate
So he never thinks straight
'Bout the shape that he's in

From the poverty shacks, he looks from the cracks to the tracks
And the hoofbeats pound in his brain
And he's taught how to walk in a pack
Shoot in the back
With his fist in a clinch
To hang and to lynch
To hide 'neath the hood
To kill with no pain
Like a dog on a chain
He ain't got no name

Today, Medgar Evers was buried from the bullet he caught
They lowered him down as a king
But when the shadowy sun sets on the one
That fired the gun
He'll see by his grave
On the stone that remains
Carved next to his name
His epitaph plain
Only a pawn in their game
Edited by HardyBoy

Bills werent out there for the anthem? That’s disgusting! I wish I coulda saw that, I woulda been outraged. 

I was busy stealing from my old lady neighbor while she was at the hospital getting put back together after a nasty fall. I told her I’d watch the house but just took the opportunity to take things I like and break things that I didn’t. 

But back to the Bills missing the anthem. I’m absolutely disgusted! 

Get it? I’m a gross person doing terrible things and I’m disgusted because a football team is peacefully protesting. Get it?! 

Edited by Bobby Hooks

If you're not familiar with Mandolin Orange, I highly, highly recommend diving really deep into their stuff...incredibly, incredibly talented musicians and songwriters.

MLK wasn't assassinated because he was trying to get black people the right to vote. He was assassinated because he was trying to bring poor people together into a unified organized voting block to demand an end to policies that kept those people poor in a real war on poverty. Stop fighting one another, your anger is with those above you pulling the puppet strings.

This instant, I'm not going to even listen to someone's genuine words of anguish mentality is designed to keep people from talking to each other and coming together in understanding.

Edited by HardyBoy
  • Like (+1) 2