Bills working out CB Trumaine Johnson (update: signed with Panthers)

YoloinOhio

3 hours ago, Motor26 said:

He kicks the ball so high and hard even his makes looked shaky. Looking forward to some long field goals from him this year. He’s can kick the ball far that’s for sure.

He definitely missed the pre-season games to get live game practice.   The guy has kicked successfully in college.  Let us give him the time to settle down in the NFL

• Like (+1) 2

3 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Hmmm ... a FA bust with Jets but a very good corner for rams 

Man I can't say one way or another how I feel about this. I mean I know he was a good player at one point in his career but he was God awful the last few years with the Jets and that's being kind. Nobody has bothered bringing him in, even at the vet minimum.  We already have one reclamation project in Norman and that's not going well. I'd pass but I defer to McBeane and Co.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Mike in Horseheads said:

Notice Haushka is still a FA, if he had anything to offer he'd be signed.

There are only so many spots.  Only 1 kicker on a team.  He tried out with the Titans but they took Gostkowski instead.  After tonight they might call Haushka back.

Edited by purple haze
  • Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, purple haze said:

There are only so many spots.  Only 1 kicker on a team.  He tried out with the Titans but they took Gostkowski instead.  After tonight they might call Haushka back.

Gostowski just missed an extra point, so 0/3 FG's and a missed EP. I have a feeling the titans are going to have an opening on their roster.

11 hours ago, MrEpsYtown said:

At 30 and having been a street free agent awhile now, since March, I think he is at that point already. He has to reinvent himself if his career is going to continue, imo. I feel like we are good in the slot and I think Johnson could be an all pro again at safety. 

Ugh. I brain-cramped. I was thinking you were referring to Taron Johnson! 

• Like (+1) 1

12 hours ago, Bob Chandler's Hands said:

But he basically is a starter at the slot CB. I think his small space quickness and toughness on slot receiver types is more valuable there. 

Maybe later in his career he could slide to safety. 

This completely makes sense and it might be what Beane is thinking because Tauron Johnson really struggled on Sunday.  Crowder was open quit a bit and you can argue that he should’ve covered him better on the long TD pass before the big missed tackle.

Also with Johnson’s injury history having a good slot CB ready on the PS (if he will accept) might be a smart move.

I just wonder how much he has left because there probably is a reason why he’s still on the market.  

12 hours ago, Virgil said:

Hausch would pry come back.  We only need 20-30 yard field goals anyways 

Ugh - can't we just score TDs?

4 minutes ago, JohnNord said:

This completely makes sense and it might be what Beane is thinking because Tauron Johnson really struggled on Sunday.  Crowder was open quit a bit and you can argue that he should’ve covered him better on the long TD pass before the big missed tackle.

Also with Johnson’s injury history having a good slot CB ready on the PS (if he will accept) might be a smart move.

I just wonder how much he has left because there probably is a reason why he’s still on the market.  

He should've been tackled well short of the sticks there.

16 minutes ago, TheyCallMeAndy said:

He made 5 of his 7 kicks

He was terrible. Let’s just not do this. It was 1 game so obviously I can understand some patience but he wasn’t good. Every kick he had was short and he missed 2 fgs that a pro makes almost every time. Nothing about it was good. Even the makes were incredibly short and even the made fgs were close to being missed. He wasn’t good. If they want to give him a few games, I understand but don’t try to act like he was anything but terrible 

• Like (+1) 1

On 9/15/2020 at 12:59 PM, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

He was terrible. Let’s just not do this. It was 1 game so obviously I can understand some patience but he wasn’t good. Every kick he had was short and he missed 2 fgs that a pro makes almost every time. Nothing about it was good. Even the makes were incredibly short and even the made fgs were close to being missed. He wasn’t good. If they want to give him a few games, I understand but don’t try to act like he was anything but terrible 

You could argue that he was six of seven on his kicks ....not bad

3 minutes ago, Ralonzo said:

I'm sorry, I must be in the wrong place. I was looking for the thread about working out a veteran CB.

you are in the correct spot.
 I am fine with Bills looking out for some youth to develop. To think Norman was going to be something special would have been narrow minded from McFrazier.
Bring up Cam is just awesome. might have been the thought process all along ??