Bills working out CB Trumaine Johnson (update: signed with Panthers)

YoloinOhio

Just now, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

Might be a good idea to work out a few kickers just Incase yesterday was more then week 1 jitters 

I know they worked out some last week, so they are prepared, if they are confident that Bass is not a long-term solution. I highly doubt they do change things this week. He was a rookie in his first game and had one make called a miss. I don’t imagine that does great things for the psyche. He did come back and hit two though, so hopefully it’s just jitters on the second miss and I imagine that’s what the FO thinks as well.

2 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

Johnson should move to safety. Very good tackling, excellent ball skills, good size. Would be a nice depth upgrade if he made that switch. Perhaps he’d fare better as a zone corner here, but i think a safety switch would revitalize his career. 

But he basically is a starter at the slot CB. I think his small space quickness and toughness on slot receiver types is more valuable there. 

Maybe later in his career he could slide to safety. 

2 minutes ago, Virgil said:

Hausch would pry come back.  We only need 20-30 yard field goals anyways 

He kicks the ball so high and hard even his makes looked shaky. Looking forward to some long field goals from him this year. He’s can kick the ball far that’s for sure.

Just now, Bob Chandler's Hands said:

But he basically is a starter at the slot CB. I think his small space quickness and toughness on slot receiver types is more valuable there. 

Maybe later in his career he could slide to safety. 

At 30 and having been a street free agent awhile now, since March, I think he is at that point already. He has to reinvent himself if his career is going to continue, imo. I feel like we are good in the slot and I think Johnson could be an all pro again at safety. 

8 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

Might be a good idea to work out a few kickers just Incase yesterday was more then week 1 jitters 

5 minutes ago, MiltonWaddams said:

I know they worked out some last week, so they are prepared, if they are confident that Bass is not a long-term solution. I highly doubt they do change things this week. He was a rookie in his first game and had one make called a miss. I don’t imagine that does great things for the psyche. He did come back and hit two though, so hopefully it’s just jitters on the second miss and I imagine that’s what the FO thinks as well.

Thought the kickers they worked out last week were all no names.  Thought more of a Covid protection.

The coaches saw many more kicks by both Haush and Bass than anyone in the media ever did.  I'd imagine the competition may not have even been nearly as close as the media made it out be be based on the kicks they saw, may have been why they released Hausch as early as they did.  Having said that my guess is Bass has a much longer rope with this coaching staff than fans will give him.

• Like (+1) 2

35 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I also noticed Cordrea tankersely on the workout list today who may have dolphins intel though I’m not sure he ever came off of PUP under Flores

He always looks so stiff when I watched him.  Not a stiff as a dead person, but noticeably tight hipper.  Anyone else think the same?