MNF: Steelers at NYG

YoloinOhio

Jones has made some dumb plays trying to do too much, but I like his guts.  The team has 7 yards of offense besides him.  He’s accounted for 301.

2 minutes ago, BuffaloRebound said:

Jones just doesn’t look very dynamic for a guy drafted that high.  Not sure where the upside is.  

Dude’s got 279 yards passing and 22 of his team’s 29 rushing yards.  What is he supposed to do?

Edited by Billl

8 minutes ago, Protocal69 said:

Daniel Jones seems like a more accurate clean version of Josh Allen. I like Allen more due to grit, size, arm strength and other intangibles 

Right besides having a lower completion percentage, more INTs, Fewer passing and rushing yards, and fewer rushing TDs they're exactly the same.

Edited by Warcodered
  • Haha (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Billl said:

Jones has made some dumb plays trying to do too much, but I like his guts.  The team has 7 yards of offense besides him.  He’s accounted for 301.

Dude’s got 279 yards passing and 22 of his team’s 29 rushing yards.  What is he supposed to do?

Steelers are stacking the box against Barkley.  Forcing Jones to beat them.  Jones doesn’t scare defenses.  

3 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

Right besides having a lower completion percentage, more INTs, Fewer passing and rushing yards, and fewer rushing TDs they're exactly the same.

For this game or there career so far I was referring to their career so far. Lets not get stupid. Your mind ain't built like that. Ive seen your posts

Edited by Protocal69

3 minutes ago, Billl said:

Their RBs were out rushed 132 to 7.  His team is trash, and he made a game of it.

I thought the Giants Defense looked good.  On the other side of the ball, every time Barkley touched the ball there were Steelers all over him.  That’s part O-Line and part no respect for the QB.  Jones is a system QB.  Upside is Titans Tannehill.  

3 minutes ago, apuszczalowski said:

I would have thought jacksonville yesterday would have done more damage to survivor pools.....

Oh, they did.  I took a hit, thanks to my son recommending that game.  But I still have a bunch of picks left. 

I think Daniel Jones has a good shot to turn out to be a good qb.  No need to panic its only his 2nd year and the Giants OL is bad. That int he threw I just dont understand the playcall to begin with  Why roll your qb against the grain to the short side of the field from inside the 10?  Yeah he should have never thrown the football  Garrett need to figure out a way to get Saquon involved

18 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Sequon Barkley just had 6 yards rushing on 15 carries in the game, so it seems pretty clear what the focus of the Steelers D was this game.

I don’t think the Stillers were too scared of Gore and Motor.

So your position is that the lack of the run support is evidence that Daniel Jones had it easier?  Jimmy G. must have been incredible against the Packers in the playoffs.  I mean, clearly the entire defensive game plan was designed to shut down the passing game of the 49ers.  Impressive mental gymnastics.

Josh has no running support from his running game?  He’s a one man team!  

Jones has no support from his running game?  He’s playing on easy mode because clearly the defense is playing the run.

Josh gets 100+ yards of rushing from his RBs against the Steelers and throws for 139 yards and 1 TD?    Future superstar!

Jones gets 7 yards from his RBs against the Steelers and throws for 279 yards and 2 TDs?  No upside, not impressed.

Tannehill should have been MVP last year.  Clearly opponents weren’t geared up to stop the run at all.  Otherwise, why was Henry so effective.  CMC must suck.  Otherwise teams would game plan to stop him and he’d have fewer yards.

Edited by Billl