2021 Draft & potential Milano replacements?

Dkollidas

I don’t think he’ll be back just bc of the cap crunch, along with his injury history. 

if he does leave, any particular players anyone sees in NCAA that could possibly replace Milano or have a similar skill set. Particularly safeties that could be come sub package linebackers at the NFL level. 

6 hours ago, Dkollidas said:

I don’t think he’ll be back just bc of the cap crunch, along with his injury history. 

if he does leave, any particular players anyone sees in NCAA that could possibly replace Milano or have a similar skill set. Particularly safeties that could be come sub package linebackers at the NFL level. 

I don't think Milana will command that much and I think he will be back. 

But if you wanted a player with a similar skill set. Look no further than Boston college's own, and buffalo native Isaiah McDuffie

The kid is a freak weak side linebacker and has amazing speed and instincts. 

• 1 month later...

Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah would be an excellent fit imo. The guy flies all over the field, can rush the QB off of the edge, can drop into coverage even against a WR, is a sure tackler, and has good instincts against the run. He's listed at 6'1" and 216lbs, though I believe he's playing more around the low 220's this year, and could easily add a few more pounds to his frame without any hindrance. He's slotting anywhere between Mid 1st to Mid 2nd right now. He's been making plays all year for the Irish. 

• Like (+1) 1

I would love to get Owusu Kormaoah in the 1st to replace Milano.

Bubba Bolden or Hamsah Nasirildeen in the 3rd to play the big nickel.

and then take a shot in the 5th round on Chris Rumph II to play some of that Lorax role and maybe eventually develop into an edge rusher to spell/replace Hughes.  

I do believe they need to go big on defense in this years draft. They have a lot of the big pieces on offense taken care of (QB, LT, C,

WR and RB’s). And they also have a lot of guys on that defense that have been productive that are getting a bit long in the tooth (Hughes, Addison, Hyde, Poyer).

Edited by Dkollidas

2 hours ago, Victory Formation said:

Draft defense. I don’t care what position he plays on D, just get me a playmaker..

Needs change fast in the NFL.........and offense is much more likely to be sustainable long term and therefore the better use of early round picks.

Defensive success is fleeting.......the McD Bills are proof of that.......but even the great Seattle defense could only be kept together for a few years and when they won the SB they were actually the youngest team in the entire NFL.

When you are built on defense your foundation is built on sand.    

• Like (+1) 1

17 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Needs change fast in the NFL.........and offense is much more likely to be sustainable long term and therefore the better use of early round picks.

Defensive success is fleeting.......the McD Bills are proof of that.......but even the great Seattle defense could only be kept together for a few years and when they won the SB they were actually the youngest team in the entire NFL.

When you are built on defense your foundation is built on sand.    

A big reason why I believe Beane went out snd got Allen big time playmakers. I believe you are right, at the same time I do agree with the poster you quoted that they need a difference maker on defense.

Also, a major reason for our lack of success in defense, imo, is injuries. Star opting out, Milano, Norman/Levi, Tremaine playing hurt, etc etc. 

Defense relies more on the unit as a whole as opposed to offense, which can rely on certain playmakers taking advantage of matchups. 

I do think we need another early drafted playmaker. Even if they retain Milano, someone like Owusu-Koramoa would allow them to play more traditional 4-3 with Any one of the 3 linebackers capable of

covering slot receivers or tight ends. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/13/2020 at 3:40 PM, Dkollidas said:

I would love to get Owusu Kormaoah in the 1st to replace Milano.

Bubba Bolden or Hamsah Nasirildeen in the 3rd to play the big nickel.

and then take a shot in the 5th round on Chris Rumph II to play some of that Lorax role and maybe eventually develop into an edge rusher to spell/replace Hughes.  

I do believe they need to go big on defense in this years draft. They have a lot of the big pieces on offense taken care of (QB, LT, C,

WR and RB’s). And they also have a lot of guys on that defense that have been productive that are getting a bit long in the tooth (Hughes, Addison, Hyde, Poyer).

I’m concerned with the RB position, but I agree with your overall philosophy for the upcoming draft...👍

Edited by JaCrispy
  • Agree 1

On ‎11‎/‎13‎/‎2020 at 3:40 PM, Dkollidas said:

I am curious as to why you think that we are all set at Center, given Morse and his concussion history.

3 hours ago, Bill from NYC said:

I am curious as to why you think that we are all set at Center, given Morse and his concussion history.

I believe they’ll re-sign Feliciano and that he could play there without losing much if needed. 

I believe they’ll be able to clear about $30M in cap space via restructuring (Diggs), extensions (Hughes, Brown, Hyde), and cuts (Butler, Matakevich, Smith). Along with about $5M they’re set to have in cap space $35M will be enough to bring back Milano in a more backloaded, Incentive laden deal, and Feliciano as well.

I believe Daryl Williams will be gone and that they’ll probably look for his replacement early on in the 2021 draft. 

17 hours ago, JaCrispy said:

I’m concerned with the RB position, but I agree with your overall philosophy for the upcoming draft...👍

I agree with the concern at running back. But I believe they’re looking for a committee as opposed to finding a workhorse. Singletary and Moss have their negatives, but both bring something to the table. I believe they’re missing that speed back that can really stretch out a defensive front-7 horizontally

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.