The packers really blew it selecting Love

NewEra

• 2 weeks later...

As the packers are 3-0 with one of the worst LB units in the league.  

get ready to watch Patrick Queen around like a madman tonight.  Packers coulda, shoulda, woulda taken him

still can’t get over backhanding Rodgers with the Jordan Love selection.

rodgers making bums look like pro bowlers.  

1 minute ago, NewEra said:

get ready to watch Patrick Queen around like a madman tonight.  Packers coulda, shoulda, woulda taken him

Bills won yesterday... 3-0 now also.

On 9/14/2020 at 2:37 PM, NewEra said:

They used their #1 offseason resource to select Aaron Rodgers replacement.  

Zero chance the packers can duplicate last year and has no chance to make the NFCCG.  Last year was a fluke.  I learned that here in April. 

I just watched the game and wow, am I impressed with the throws and decisions he made yesterday.  Albeit against a pair of rookie corners and w/o Danielle Hunter, but he was threading the needle like nobody’s business.  Surely looked like he could compete with Josh and Pat for leagues strongest arm.  Meanwhile, Davis Love the 3rd is the 3rd string qb behind Tim Boyle.  The same Tim Boyle that most of us have never heard of.

If Aaron Rodgers can play like that passing to grocery-baggers and personal fitness trainers, what could he do if they gave him a couple of elite WR?

11 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

If Aaron Rodgers can play like that passing to grocery-baggers and personal fitness trainers, what could he do if they gave him a couple of elite WR?

Or had a competent roster on the defensive side of the ball.  

Just can’t get over not going all in on 2020 after the team made the nfccg....when you have aaron Rodgers under contract for 4 more years.  4 years of Love on the bench one year as starter, then pay him 40 mill.  It’s a waste in this day and age. It’s not 2005.  You don’t sit your rookie QB for 80% of his Rookie contract.  You win Super Bowls during their rookie contracts.  

P.s.  ignore me, This is just one of those things that I can’t get over and probably won’t 

Edited by NewEra
  • Like (+1) 2

I admittedly like Love a lot as a prospect so I still think it was a fine move for them. The part that really killed them is that they essentially wasted every other pick in the draft so far. Took a legitimately bad RB prospect in the 2nd round when they already had good RBs in place, reached on a raw TE prospect, and didn't take anyone else of consequence.

16 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Or had a competent roster on the defensive side of the ball.  

Just can’t get over not going all in on 2020 after the team made the nfccg....when you have aaron Rodgers under contract for 4 more years.  4 years of Love on the bench one year as starter, then pay him 40 mill.  It’s a waste in this day and age. It’s not 2005.  You don’t sit your rookie QB for 80% of his Rookie contract.  You win Super Bowls during their rookie contracts.  

P.s.  ignore me, This is just one of those things that I can’t get over and probably won’t 

I agree totally. They could have had any number of WR's, a TE like Kmet, any number of defensive players, any number of OL'man, and they took a project QB. It was stupid by the organization and it was a kick in the gonads of Rodgers. 

1 hour ago, NewEra said:

That Kamara TD cost me a fantasy week.  They just like... cannot tackle at all.  

31 minutes ago, H2o said:

I agree totally. They could have had any number of WR's, a TE like Kmet, any number of defensive players, any number of OL'man, and they took a project QB. It was stupid by the organization and it was a kick in the gonads of Rodgers. 

They already have a top 10 WR and they added like 6 other offensive players in the draft just not at WR. I would not have taken Love but it's erroneous to say they did nothing to help Rodgers this year. 

1 minute ago, dneveu said:

That Kamara TD cost me a fantasy week.  They just like... cannot tackle at all.  

At all.  Patrick Queen probably wouldn’t even start for them.  Their leading LB tackler was Krys Barnes.  Yeah, THAT Krys Barnes we know so well

Just now, Ethan in Portland said:

They already have a top 10 WR and they added like 6 other offensive players in the draft just not at WR. I would not have taken Love but it's erroneous to say they did nothing to help Rodgers this year. 

They have no defense Ethan!!  They don’t have one decent LB Ethan.  

As the packers continue to dominate, Patrick Queen is making flying forearm shiver tackles at the goal line and Justin Jefferson is proving to be much better than guys named Shepard and Valdez-scantling. 

2 hours ago, NewEra said:

As the packers continue to dominate, Patrick Queen is making flying forearm shiver tackles at the goal line and Justin Jefferson is proving to be much better than guys named Shepard and Valdez-scantling. 

I, for one, will be glad the Pack have neither of those players when we meet them in the Super Bowl.

• Awesome! (+1) 1