The packers really blew it selecting Love

NewEra

They used their #1 offseason resource to select Aaron Rodgers replacement.  

Zero chance the packers can duplicate last year and has no chance to make the NFCCG.  Last year was a fluke.  I learned that here in April. 

I just watched the game and wow, am I impressed with the throws and decisions he made yesterday.  Albeit against a pair of rookie corners and w/o Danielle Hunter, but he was threading the needle like nobody’s business.  Surely looked like he could compete with Josh and Pat for leagues strongest arm.  Meanwhile, Davis Love the 3rd is the 3rd string qb behind Tim Boyle.  The same Tim Boyle that most of us have never heard of.

Edited by NewEra
I looked for the original thread but couldn’t find it

[This is an automated response]

As a courtesy to the other board members, please use more descriptive topic titles. A better title will help the community find information faster and make your topic more likely to be read. The topic starter can edit the topic title line to make it more appropriate.

Thank you.

🤦‍♂️

• Like (+1) 1

yeah good point i was fully expecting David Love to have sent a 1st ballot hall of famer right to the practice squad, just out of the notion that he was so utterly and completely outclassed that he should really just retire in shame.  just weird it didnt pan out like that

2 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

The Packers really blew it selecting Aaron Rodgers. I just watched Favre still sling it....

This is what the Packers do. They have 4 HoF QBs (soon to be 5), and 3 QBs (Starr, Favre, Rodgers) make up 45 of 100 years of their existence.

What a poorly run organization. Once again we see the idiocy of meddling billionaire owners.

Oh, wait...

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

They really did blow their draft, and probably wasted Rodgers' last hurrah. Taking Love in the late 1st was idiotic, they could've had their choice of Pittman Jr/Shenault/Mims/Tee Higgins. They also took AJ Dillon in the 2nd, who's nowhere near ready to contribute for them, there were impact players available.

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

The Packers really blew it selecting Aaron Rodgers. I just watched Favre still sling it....

This is what the Packers do. They have 4 HoF QBs (soon to be 5), and 3 QBs (Starr, Favre, Rodgers) make up 45 of 100 years of their existence.

Don’t forget that Favre replaced Majkowski who was a probowl QB that got injured. Plus all of Favre’s backups: Brunell, Brooks, Hasselbeck.... As soon as Wolf landed there they made it a policy to “stay drafting quarterbacks.”

Just now, Buffalo Junction said:

Don’t forget that Favre replaced Majkowski who was a probowl QB that got injured. Plus all of Favre’s backups: Brunell, Brooks, Hasselbeck.... As soon as Wolf landed there they made it a policy to “stay drafting quarterbacks.”

I'd never forget about Depew's finest, MAJIK MAN!

• Like (+1) 2

56 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Zero chance the packers can duplicate last year and has no chance to make the NFCCG.  Last year was a fluke.  I learned that here in April. 

I just watched the game and wow, am I impressed with the throws and decisions he made yesterday.  Albeit against a pair of rookie corners and w/o Danielle Hunter, but he was threading the needle like nobody’s business.  Surely looked like he could compete with Josh and Pat for leagues strongest arm.  Meanwhile, Davis Love the 3rd is the 3rd string qb behind Tim Boyle.  The same Tim Boyle that most of us have never heard of.

Yup, I like that line...his name just makes it that much better too!

59 minutes ago, NewEra said:

They picked a QB and now Rodgers turned the clock back 4 years.  All offseason people were hyping Rodgers decline and he looks like a new man.  The Packers are playing 4D chess.  Next level mind games.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

1 hour ago, DrDawkinstein said:

I'd never forget about Depew's finest, MAJIK MAN!

Damn right, Dr D!  The Majik Man was spectacular in '89, before he got hurt. What a competitor! But the poor guy never really recovered from that torn rotator cuff, which happened on a blatant cheap-shot ...  You just gotta love Buffalo's contribution to NFL quarterbacking -- "Jaworski" and "Majkowski".  I mean, can you get any more Buffalo than that? 😃    (Oh yeah, also Chad Kelly. 😑  )

1 hour ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Just because that’s what they’ve done in the past doesn’t mean that it’s the correct move.  Brett Hundley wasn’t a 1st rd pick, but he was quite useless.  

Time will tell, clearly Love may turn out to be their franchise QB, but we’ll never know what would’ve been if they don’t win another SB with AR.  

• Like (+1) 1