Browns figured out why they lost to the Ravens

richNjoisy

12 hours ago, JakeFrommStateFarm said:

The Browns lost to one of the best teams in the league. They didn't play the jets.

Are we saying if the Bills played the ravens Allen would have performed much better than Mayfield?

They have one of the more talented offensive rosters in the league....they put up six points. 

Its not a cause of concern if Mayfield was decent last year.  But he wasn’t and starts the year off poorly.

If the Bills lost by 32, I would have concerns.

15 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

I saw it. The problem was they looked totally unprepared, obj drops easy passes and has poor body language, Myles Garrett was a non-factor, they couldn’t stick with the run game (which is pretty good) because they fell behind so early, lots of injuries on D, it was just a whole lot of bad. Mayfield looks to lack the confidence and poise he often had as a rookie. Mainly, the Ravens looked really good - possibly even better than the chefs 

btw OBJ has lost a step. While not a bad player per se he’s not the same as when he was with the NYG

I 100% see the lack of confidence in Baker.

Thats the first thing that I noticed in his post game.  
I honestly think he gets benched at some point in the first half of this season.  I don’t think it’ll be permanent the first time but after multiple unsuccessful drives...he gets yanked.   

23 minutes ago, That's No Moon said:

Not for nothing, but they have terrible WRs and their top 2 RBS were hurt yesterday.

Yeah but he has kinda been struggling since he returned from that injury. He wasn't quite as on point as he looked before he went down and Foles helped win the SB. And he's gotten worse and worse since.

Not terrible, don't get me wrong. Just nowhere near as good as before imo

2 hours ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

Yes, but how does Baker look at the post game presser?  The epitome of sartorial perfection?  Or did he 'go grunge' this week?

But there was only one!

Ha. Tbh, if you want to see who baker mayfield was supposed to be? It’s Gardner Minshew. 

• Haha (+1) 1

On 9/14/2020 at 3:20 PM, Royale with Cheese said:

It is unbelievable.  Honestly, do you kinda feel for Browns fans?  

I’ve met some real jerky ones so no, not at all. 

22 hours ago, njbuff said:

The Ravens have outscored their opponents 164-19 in their last 4 season openers.

Yikes.

And sadly, I think one of those opening week shellackings came against us (Peterman was the QB). 

19 hours ago, JakeFrommStateFarm said:

The Browns lost to one of the best teams in the league. They didn't play the jets.

Are we saying if the Bills played the ravens Allen would have performed much better than Mayfield?

Umm, I think so. We played the Ravens last season and was a good game. We lost but it wasn’t an embarrassment like what happened to the Browns. 

On 9/14/2020 at 9:26 PM, Doc said:

More likely he's worried about what skank's going to give him a Cleveland steamer after the game.

I thought that would be OBJ, unless this is something new that Baker likes to do in the Cheesecake Factory parking lot?

On 9/14/2020 at 1:53 PM, jeremy2020 said:

Baker Mayfield. 

I'll give them that info for free because I really want them to make the playoffs so the Jets own the longest active playoffless streak.

Man, Steven A Smith, Ryan Clark, and Dan Orlovsky all went full-on Drive By on Baker.

Ryan Clark: We should not crush Baker Mayfield (proceeds to slice, dice, mince, filet, and shred him)

My take is the press is mighty fickle and every football player should take a warning.  On the other hand, I’d like to hear from the analytics guys who thought Baker Mayfield was gonna be Football Jesus and our Boi had bust tattooed on his heart.  Can any of them admit that it isn’t quite working out like they thought?

On 9/14/2020 at 8:10 PM, JakeFrommStateFarm said:

Well, last season when we played the Ravens and the league MVP, Allen did perform better than Mayfield last Sunday- and that’s without the league-leading WR and RB talent they’re supposed to have in Cleveland.  We had Brown and Bease last year, who are good but not Landry and Beckham class.  They were mauled all day by the Ravens DB and pretty much taken away.

I can see where you might look at the stats and not see it too much, but I watched both games and it’s true.

The Ravens defense was just as fierce, and Wink Martindale was dialing up the unique look pressures like nobody’s business.  Allen was getting the sh** beaten out of him behind our line and at one point limped off and got his ankle taped.  But he and the Bills battled back, and we were in position to tie the thing  (or win with a conversion) on the last play of the game.

Allen went up to Lamar after the game and said “we’ll see you again” (meaning in the playoffs).  Lamar nodded.

Hell, for that matter, when the Browns played the Ravens last year, Mayfield performed much better (In the first game) than he played last Sunday.

• Like (+1) 3

Tonight's games is one of those games that some fans look at and suggest TNF games are crappy, and no one wants to watch them, but I'm genuinely looking forward to seeing these two QBs play tonight.

We know the Browns got crushed by a team everyone knows is very good, but what do we know about the Bengals losing to the Chargers? That game looked tight up to the fourth quarter, and almost went to OT but for a missed Bengals FG. Are the Bengals pretty good or are the Chargers not so good?

What say you about tonight, TBD?

Bengals +6 seems very generous right now. Who's with me?

On 9/14/2020 at 2:53 PM, jeremy2020 said:

Baker Mayfield. 

I'll give them that info for free because I really want them to make the playoffs so the Jets own the longest active playoffless streak.

I want them to have #1 draft pick, sign a QB, cut Baker and have Baker Mayfield be signed by JEST as another QB who goes to NJ to die.

• Thank you (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

Tonight's games is one of those games that some fans look at and suggest TNF games are crappy, and no one wants to watch them, but I'm genuinely looking forward to seeing these two QBs play tonight.

We know the Browns got crushed by a team everyone knows is very good, but what do we know about the Bengals losing to the Chargers? That game looked tight up to the fourth quarter, and almost went to OT but for a missed Bengals FG. Are the Bengals pretty good or are the Chargers not so good?

What say you about tonight, TBD?

Bengals +6 seems very generous right now. Who's with me?

I think the Browns will win because the Bengals OL is trash and Myles Garrett has been hearing all week how he was invisible vs the Ravens (who have a great OL And, the browns D actually somehow led the league in pressures). Media keeps saying he should be taking over games with how much $ he makes. Regardless of the QB play I think browns D gets it done.

Truly the only thing I care about are Chubb and Mixon as I have both on my Fantasy team 

Edited by YoloinOhio

On 9/14/2020 at 2:50 PM, Jauronimo said:

OBJ, Jarvis, Hunt, Chubb, Njoku, Hooper and they score 6 points.  Unbelievable.  

Can you imagine living with Jarvis and OBJ in a meeting. They could possibly be sincere about their role....they could never be part of the team...way to self centred and selfish. As often occurs some success , then the money fills the pockets, then the mouth takes over the talent.