Browns figured out why they lost to the Ravens

richNjoisy

17 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

Did anyone watch the game yesterday? I haven't seen but a highlight or two and I'm curious...if you saw the game, what was their problem? Play calling? Mayfield? Their defense? Or are the Ravens just that good this year?

I saw it. The problem was they looked totally unprepared, obj drops easy passes and has poor body language, Myles Garrett was a non-factor, they couldn’t stick with the run game (which is pretty good) because they fell behind so early, lots of injuries on D, it was just a whole lot of bad. Mayfield looks to lack the confidence and poise he often had as a rookie. Mainly, the Ravens looked really good - possibly even better than the chefs 

btw OBJ has lost a step. While not a bad player per se he’s not the same as when he was with the NYG

Edited by YoloinOhio

50 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

I really don't know how Mayfield goes from one of the most accurate passers in college to missing a wide open Beckham multiple times in a game. Does he just not put the work in?

He admitted last year that he didn’t put the work in before year 2.  But some of it is undoubtedly that he’s in his 4th OC in 3 years

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Jauronimo said:

OBJ, Jarvis, Hunt, Chubb, Njoku, Hooper and they score 6 points.  Unbelievable.  

To lose is one thing but that talent at skills positions is incredible to score the same for the whole game as Moss scored recieving is not a good look.

That extra point would have made a huge difference  the score would have been 38-7 ;)

The field goal miss sealed the deal they would have only lost by 28 and would have covered the spread ;) 

The above post was not checked for facts  :)

6 hours ago, dneveu said:

It's like watching the bills with like watkins and everyone.  Some big plays and big names - but at the end of the day they will drop a key 3rd down, take a bad penalty, or just miss a throw at an inopportune time.  If they don't run well they won't win.  

I'm also not sure what baker is at this point.  He's supposed to be the accurate one of the class, and you see it on some of the 10-20 yard stuff.  But the short stuff was supposed to be his bread and butter, and it just isn't.  He's late and off-target constantly.  His pocket presence also hasn't really improved.  I do think he'll end up having a 2nd career somewhere other than cleveland.  Maybe Tennessee when tannehill inevitably does tannehill things.  

When you have 3 coaching staff in your 3 years in the NFL, there is no continuity and *process*

1 hour ago, JakeFrommStateFarm said:

The Browns lost to one of the best teams in the league. They didn't play the jets.

Are we saying if the Bills played the ravens Allen would have performed much better than Mayfield?

I'm going out on a limb and saying yes, Josh would have played better than Baker.

1 hour ago, JMF2006 said:

That extra point would have made a huge difference  the score would have been 38-7 ;)

The field goal miss sealed the deal they would have only lost by 28 and would have covered the spread ;) 

The above post was not checked for facts  :)

The coach and GM took the over at 45 and took the Browns to cover the spread.....

1 hour ago, JakeFrommStateFarm said:

The Browns lost to one of the best teams in the league. They didn't play the jets.

Are we saying if the Bills played the ravens Allen would have performed much better than Mayfield?

I would hope so, they did play a very close game against the Ravens last year and should be able to score more then 6 points.

No ones making fun of the browns just because they lost, its because they lost so bad AND decided it was the kickers faults that they dumped them immediately.....

• Haha (+1) 1

12 hours ago, Lurker said:

Could it be that Baker was so tired from covering up all the FirstEnergy seats from the rain that he had nothing left on Sunday? 

I mean, give the poor guy a break...

So, I’ve been noticing a trend where posters find a post on a prior page of a thread and then post it again as if it was their take.  

Edited by ColeB

16 hours ago, That's No Moon said:

You're aware there are people who want to cut Bass today because he missed two kicks (possibly one) out of seven in a game we won.

I'm not one of those people, but they are out there. Heard an Eagles fan call to bench Wentz for Jalen Hurts today.

Not for nothing, but Wentz really hasn’t played good ball since Reich left.

13 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Mayfield looks to lack the confidence and poise he often had as a rookie.

Yes, but how does Baker look at the post game presser?  The epitome of sartorial perfection?  Or did he 'go grunge' this week?

12 hours ago, Albany,n.y. said:

Pretty simple answer.  They had the #1 pick in 2018 & chose the wrong QB.  #Wrong Baker.

But there was only one!