First Positional Matchup to watch against MIA

MAJBobby

3 minutes ago, jeremy2020 said:

The running QB that just tore up his opponent's defense? I'm gonna guess he's aware. 

Yes, the most famously beaten up running QB in the NFL who had played 1 full season in the previous 4 (including nearly all off 2019) and was out of the NFL for a few months this offseason---all due to injuries.

The topic was "the coaches" "knowing the risks", so it's OK to run Josh like that.   Keep up.

31 minutes ago, Rc2catch said:

The wonderful part of the Diggs trade is he’s not coverable. Our philosophy shouldn’t change that much given Miami’s defensive backfield. We should be trying to establish the run but that should be a goal every week. 
I would like to see them build on the screen game they introduced vs the jets and pepper Diggs and Knox with targets. 

This is how I feel as well. Don't let Miami scare you away from getting the ball to your best players before the game even starts. You can't really shut down a top passing offense in the modern NFL.

Against the Jets Knox was open if he did not stay inside to block the extra man more so in the second half. Also they sent brown and diggs on an out 2 x. Verus the Jets both times the safteys were over the top 4 defenders cover 2 wr is great for underneath throws delayed runs 

5 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

I fully expect us to be trying to run the ball.....a lot......New England ran for 200 yards on the fins.

75 of those yards came from Cam Newton on 15 carries. As with us, the QB was the leading rusher for the Pats*. I hope that isn't the case for us vs. Miami. Also, the Pats* air attack was anemic, to say the least. I'm hoping for a more balance offense vs. Miami, with the bulk of the rushing yards going to Motor, not Allen. 

Besides Julian Edelman, the Patriots don't have great pass receivers, and are depending a strong running game, including Cam Newton.   The Bills in theory have a much more balanced offense.  They didn't show it versus the Jets, but the Jets defense is geared toward stopping the run, and Buffalo took what they gave them.  I think Buffalo will be able to run the ball against Miami a lot better than they did versus the Jets, but I'm also guessing Buffalo and Josh Allen will pass the ball more effectively than New England did.  Miami has good DBs, but Buffalo has one of the top receiver cords in the league.  I don't think Daboll will be afraid to use them.