First Positional Matchup to watch against MIA

MAJBobby

So was looking at where and how the Bills will scheme the Dolphins and one position grouping jumps out at me. 

Will be interesting in how the Very Good CBs of MIA in (Xavien Howard, Byron Jones with Noah Igbinoghene as Nickle) Match up against Diggs, Brown Beasley and Davis.  I think the spot to attack them my be with the Running Game both Josh and Rbs (they couldnt stop the run against NE) and also get the RBs and Knox on their really bad LBer corp.  Imagine Shaq Lawson trying to cover Knox downfield.

• Like (+1) 4

3 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

So was looking at where and how the Bills will scheme the Dolphins and one position grouping jumps out at me. 

Will be interesting in how the Very Good CBs of MIA in (Xavien Howard, Byron Jones with Noah Igbinoghene as Nickle) Match up against Diggs, Brown Beasley and Davis.  I think the spot to attack them my be with the Running Game both Josh and Rbs (they couldnt stop the run against NE) and also get the RBs and Knox on their really bad LBer corp.  Imagine Shaq Lawson trying to cover Knox downfield.

So the inverse of the Jets.

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

So the inverse of the Jets.

Yeah I think so, unless we really want to play Strength vs Strength.  We are going to have to eventually as well, but I just dont see a big talent difference between WRs and DBs like I did with the Jets.

P.E.T.A. is going to be in action after Moss kills a Dolphin next week, I swear.  I also anticipate ongoing injury report of ankle injuries from defenders getting juked out of their shoes by Singletary. 

Going to be refreshing change of pace after the stout Jets run D.

15 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Based on yesterday's games, I'm assuming we'll be heavy on the run side against Miami. And especially with running Josh (given that Cam had 75 yds).

Use that to soften up their pass D, then light em up.

Every time Josh plays Miami he runs wild. I just hope it's on scrambles and a few less designed sweeps.

• Like (+1) 2

25 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Jerome Baker 

18 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Based on yesterday's games, I'm assuming we'll be heavy on the run side against Miami. And especially with running Josh (given that Cam had 75 yds).

Lots of running up front to set up some excellent play-actions.

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

I fully expect us to be trying to run the ball.....a lot......New England ran for 200 yards on the fins.

Yes, but because of this, I'm sure Miami will be working very hard on fixing their run D in prepping for the Bills this week.

I'm confident our WR corps will be able to match up just fine with the Miami secondary.

• Like (+1) 3

11 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

OK Special K.....who that in your avitar!

I didn't know who she was either, I just used the picture, but a while back someone on this board did an investigation and found out her name is Nelly Sullivan:

Pin on Nelly Sullivanimage.jpeg.cab926c8f0ddc5ae10e1f0d708dad29b.jpeg

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Motor and Moss all the way.....let JA manage the game not get killed......

9 minutes ago, Kwai San said:

Motor and Moss all the way.....let JA manage the game not get killed......

Josh will be a running weapon for us. We might as well just get used to it.

The Bills coaches know the risks. They've been around football before.

I'm predicting 2 rushing TDs for Josh alone this week.

(Would love to be wrong about all this, but just how I see it)

1 minute ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Sadly Sunday showed us you will be right on all 3 counts.  Except the 2 TD's....I think he will shoot for 3 TD's...I mean why not?  Lets win this game handily AND get to Barkley as quick as we can....need to see what we have here......

• Like (+1) 1

Running game will get a workout.   But just because they have three good DBs, it doesn't mean we can't exploit the pass. 

This is a new Bills team.  We have 4 viable WRs, a TE and RBs who can all contribute in the passing game.   The Phins can't cover everyone...

The wonderful part of the Diggs trade is he’s not coverable. Our philosophy shouldn’t change that much given Miami’s defensive backfield. We should be trying to establish the run but that should be a goal every week. 
I would like to see them build on the screen game they introduced vs the jets and pepper Diggs and Knox with targets. 

• Like (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

McD forgotten about his old QB in Carolina?