Grade The Units

GreggTX

QB - B (More great plays than terrible plays. Allen plays like a roller coaster. MUST clean up all those fumbles!)

WR - A (This unit won the game for us, IMO.)

RB - C+ (Few good runs, but there were no holes. Both Motor and Moss contributed in the passing game, though)

OL - D+ (Pass protex was OK early on, but run blocking was horrendous all day.)

TE - B (Knox's blocking left much to be desired, but he made a couple outstanding plays in the passing game.)

DL - C+ (DE's played well. DT's not so much)

LB - B (Milano played well until he got hurt. Edmunds missed tackle cost us a TD. Backups filled in admirably)

CB - B+ (White was invisible because he was not tested. Isn't that what you want? Johnson was OK as was Wallace other than the interference)

S - A Poyer's FF was big. Hyde was OK, but showed real toughness playing hurt.

PK - F (Better days ahead, I hope)

P - C (Not much to go on.)

Overall, I hope we don't have to pass so much in all of our games. Josh had a 300 yard game and that was great, but he probably wouldn't have if the OL had opened a few holes for the ground game. Defense played overall. The Jets did get a late TD with our LB corps decimated, but still solid overall. Penalties weren't too big of a factor for us except the interference.

Edited by GreggTX

1 hour ago, GreggTX said:

QB - B (More great plays than terrible plays. Allen plays like a roller coaster. MUST clean up all those fumbles!)

RB - C+ (Few good runs, but there were no holes. Both Motor and Moss contributed in the passing game, though)

TE - B (Knox's blocking left much to be desired, but he made a couple outstanding plays in the passing game.)

LB - B (Milano played well until he got hurt. Edmunds missed tackle cost us a TD. Backups filled in admirably)

CB - B+ (White was invisible because he was not tested. Isn't that what you want? Johnson was OK as was Wallace other than the interference)

Overall, I hope we don't have to pass so much in all of our games. Josh had a 300 yard game and that was great, but he probably wouldn't have if the OL had opened a few holes for the ground game. Defense played overall. The Jets did get a late TD with our LB corps decimated, but still solid overall. Penalties weren't too big of a factor for us except the interference.

Did they throw the ball to themselves? 

• Haha (+1) 1

370+ yards of total offense, 3 TD's, 72% comp, and 8 different receivers is a B?  I get the fumbles are a concern given his history, but end of the day, for what was essentially the first preseason game in terms of reps, that was a pretty impressive performance.  He had command the whole day of the offense.  My grade was an A- and the lowest yet still acceptable grade would have to be a B+ minimum.  If not for the 2 fumbles, it would be an A+.  

Agreed on grade, but disagree they "won" the game for us.  Our offense and defense dominated Sunday, wasn't the result of just one unit.

I would give this a B or a B-, as you still have to factor in Allen in the run game, especially given he led the team in rushing.  But ultimately, this was more about Daboll not really pushing to get the run game into any kind of a groove given Allen was picking apart the defense almost single handedly on the ground and the air.  But both backs contributed in the passing game too and in protection.  Im not in the least worried about the RB's moving forward, although I would like to see the OL open more holes.

While I was not thrilled with their run blocking as they didn't open enough holes, I think D+ is way too heavy handed of a grade.  I mean our offense was in command a lot and the OL, while not perfect, still was a part of that.  C is the grade I would give them, mostly due to the lack of holes in the run game.  

Im good with a B here.

Man this is by far your worst assessment.  This is an A+ and not worth the time to explain to you why given me and many others already have in your Oliver thread.  

I would give them an A-, especially given we lost our top 2 guys during the game.  

White had a beauty of a 3rd down pass breakup, and the group as a whole played well IMO.  I give this unit an A

Agreed, this group gets an A

C- for me...he was really 2 for 3, not 1 for 3.  I don't think his grade should be reduced for a mistake by the refs.  Bit I still give him a C- as his kicks all mostly hugged the right goal post.  Needs to demonstrate more control on his accuracy.  But also not too worried about a rookie essentially playing in what would be his first preseason game except it was week 1 opener against a divisional rival in a windy stadium.  

B for me...not sure what you base knocking him down to a C for.  

I have no issue with passing this much when Josh is completing over 70% of his passes with no INTs and constantly moving the chains.  I expect the game plan will change based on the opponent.  Strength of Jets D is run D, weakness is pass D.  Not a shock we kept throwing when it was so effective.  I mean Josh should have had 4 passing TDs yesterday to go with his one rushing TD.  It was obvious why we kept throwing.  And in a similar game, I would want to and expect to keep throwing as well.  We are stacked with weapons.  

(“D line c+, DE played well DT not so much”)

maybe the pressure by the DTs is why  the DEs had such a good day..., just sayin...

Especially as it was the first game of the Covid season, the team did damn well! Can’t wait for the Miami game. 

Go Bills!!!

3 hours ago, GreggTX said:

I have come to the conclusion that you need to educate yourself on the DT position and its function.