Where the Heck Was Oliver All Day?

GreggTX

1 hour ago, GreggTX said:

I am officially 'concerned' about Ed Oliver. I haven't given up on him, but all we got out of him was an assisted tackle. That's it. Zimmer played better. Hughes played better. Trent Murphy probably had the best game of any of our DL. Harrison Phillips did not play well either, though I wonder if he's 100%. Edmunds and Milano both dinged. It's not time to hit the panic button, but Oliver needs to start playing at a much higher level or he's going to make me miss Lotulelei.

As if we needed more proof, this post absolutely, positively proves that you have no idea what you're watching.  You may as well watch cartoons on Sunday afternoons and then come back to check the scores.  Good lord.

• Haha (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 2

I am officially 'concerned' about Ed Oliver. I haven't given up on him, but all we got out of him was an assisted tackle. That's it. Zimmer played better. Hughes played better. Trent Murphy probably had the best game of any of our DL. Harrison Phillips did not play well either, though I wonder if he's 100%. Edmunds and Milano both dinged. It's not time to hit the panic button, but Oliver needs to start playing at a much higher level or he's going to make me miss Lotulelei.

I am officially concerned about your eyesight 

• Haha (+1) 2

Oliver played a good game in McD's system. He was disciplined with his gaps, pushed the pocket, and generated a good amount of inside pressure on Darnold.

Bell could not get going early in the game (before his injury) and Darnold could rarely set in a pocket or step up, he was often forced to reset side to side where our DE's could pressure or sack him.

Sack stats are nice, but I think he played the responsible way we need our interior DT's to play in this defense.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Sorry you are just showing how little you know about the situation with this post.  First of all, who the heck cares where a player was drafted.  Once you get to the NFL, you are in the NFL and its what you do on the field.  Darryl is a ST ace, and one of our most important guys on ST.  When you are talking about the 4th depth spot, ST is a major factor.  The sheer fact you are disparaging Darrlys value based on his draft slot just shows how off base you are.  

He’s also disregarding that Johnson likely slipped to the 7th due to playing at a small school and not doing drills at the combine due to injury. I wonder if his sentiment would change if Johnson had been a 4th or 5th round pick instead of a 7th rounder. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, teef said:

have you read anything from the op?  he always, and i mean always manages to fit a knock of allen into any post he can.

Tbh, I have highly reduced the amount of time I spend on the boards in the offseason, so I'm not up to date on what individual posters say that often.

People get really sensitive if I criticize ANYTHING Allen related, but since I know you since way back on the official Bills boards, I'll take your word for it. There's things Allen deserves critiques on, but there are certainly people who will take any opportunity to dismiss anything he does well just to prop up the negatives.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Rc2catch said:

Awwww... Were name calling now. 
A wise man once said the lowest form of conversation and intelligence is resorting to name calling. 

So my normal routine of resorting to fart noises is better than name calling?

Who knew?

Thanks!!!

2 hours ago, GreggTX said:

Start your search somewhere up Darnold's a**.

33 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Ask the jets o line. They will tell you where he was every snap

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, K-9 said:

Oliver wreaked havoc vs. the Jest OL yesterday. The OP either didn’t watch the Bills game or doesn’t know who and what he’s seeing. 

Probably doesn't know what he is actually watching only looks at stat lines. Wonder how he judges Offensive Linemen?

2 hours ago, GreggTX said:

Please refrain from making personal insults. Grow up.

Gregg, you screwed the pooch on this one, accept your screwed pooch award 🥇 and move on to the Miami game, and give it another go...
nuthin but luv...,

Go Bills!!!