Garoppolo and the 49ers

prissythecat

22 hours ago, 1ManRaid said:

Just saw a recent QB ranking list by some supposed "expert" football writer that had Allen at #20 and Jimmy G in the top 10.  Also had Burrow at #26 despite never having played a snap in the NFL and Allen not getting ranked in preseason when he was a rookie.

Jimmy G is just going to get that automatic big market respect. 

I agree that Jimmy G is limited and definitely not top 10 and I'd take Josh over him...but I think this kind of ranking is expected.

If we're looking at it really honestly, Jimmy G did just come off a SB appearance. He had a stacked team around him, no doubt about that. But to gain that kind of respect and publicity, you gotta win a few big games.

Josh is 0-4 (I think? Unless he missed a game his first year) vs the Pats including a big stinker at home last year when we had some hype and the football world was watching and kind of threw up on himself in the 2nd half vs the Texans in the playoffs. 

We're going to need to see him flourish on the big stage, like the game vs KC, for him to move to the next level of hype. Obviously a strong showing if we're in the playoffs this year will help too.

Ultimately I'm not concerned about the rankings and stuff though. I think Josh has shown nice progress since the halfway point last year. I just hope to see the volume of designed runs for him come down, I could see him being worn out by the end of the regular season if not. 

Edited by HomeskillitMoorman