Based on what you’ve seen so far in week 1, what do you think the NFL should do about Preseason games going forward?

YoloinOhio

What should the future be for NFL preseason   

118 members have voted

1. 1. The NFL should have

• 4 preseason games (no change)
    • 2 preseason games
    • 1 preseason game (a warm-up, then let’s go)
    • No preseason at all

3 hours ago, whatdrought said:

Preseason was never for the 22 players we saw play for teams this weekend. 

This ^^^

preseason is for backup and PS selections, it also makes it easier for Beane to make trades for draft picks. 
That and the Coaches want those games, and I will roll with their thinking. 

I assume it’ll go to 2 preseason games when the league gets 18 regular season games. 

7 hours ago, whatdrought said:

Preseason was never for the 22 players we saw play for teams this weekend. 

They do matter for the rookies who start game one or otherwise get a lot of playing time.  And teams implementing new schemes need them.  We do not need four of them though. 

I vote 2.

The flip side of the "bottom of the roster" getting a chance to shine, which has been mentioned many times above, is this:  Its not just a chance for the players. 

Its the fans who risk missing out on the next Terrell Davis or other players.  In that sense, we the fans need the scrubs to show out, not just the scrubs themselves.

3 minutes ago, JR in Pittsburgh said:

I think the lack of a preseason kills rebuilding teams— the veteran contenders benefit from it. It’s pretty unfair. 

It kills their ability to accurately poach guys I try to sneak onto my practice squad.  No PS means no film.

Edited by maddenboy

3 would be the perfect number, 2 for the bottom of the roster guys to get exposure to the league and 1 for your starters warm up game

2 pre season games work as well but then I think teams should have some Inter team practice and controlled scrimmage

Also do fans think when there are less preseason games that season tickets become cheaper or that the cost per game will just go up. I feel all of a sudden the team will say that pre season games were always free

I think there's proof positive for some preseason based on this week, especially considering that the NFL season is so short that if it takes 3 or 4 games to build chemistry, you can lose a year. Teams that made major changes we're adversely affected, especially teams that drafted young QBs. The preseason isn't for fans, though, so just don't watch if you don't want to.

It really shouldn't matter unless you're a season ticket holder who has to pay for those.