Year of the Dual Threat QB?

YoloinOhio

It's important.   I also recall how bad it was for both the Panthers and Seahawks when Russ and Cam were their teams leading rushers for an entire season.

I just dont think its that telling of a stat considering a lot of teams won without mobile quarterbacks yesterday.  Mobility within the pocket is probably more important than mobility outside of it.

• Like (+1) 2

8 minutes ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

Murray did torch the 9ers. 

Will Belicheat keep rushing Cam?   I think not.  

Seems this is a trend that comes and goes.   With 3 younger QB's it should last a while longer.

It's still a passing league until "proven" otherwise 

I think the point with the tweet is that they are passing QBs... that are mobile 

• Like (+1) 4

38 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

It's important.   I also recall how bad it was for both the Panthers and Seahawks when Russ and Cam were their teams leading rushers for an entire season.

I just dont think its that telling of a stat considering a lot of teams won without mobile quarterbacks yesterday.  Mobility within the pocket is probably more important than mobility outside of it.

Last time for Cam, the panthers went 11-5.  That was the franchise's last winning season.

Wilson did it once.  They went 9-7.  The years before and after they were 10-6.

I think part of this is lack of pre-season and other real game like practice, etc. That leads to more broken play QB scrambles which tend to be the longer QB runs. You will always see that more often until offenses get on the same page and timing is down.

• Like (+1) 2

12 minutes ago, r00tabaga said:

Add in Tyrod and they were 6-0.

I think he was left out for a reason. One, he wasn’t their leading rusher and two, he isn’t considered a real threat in the passing Game . I guess I could change the thread title to “dual threat”

Trevor Lawrence will be the next one 

Our local radio guy had a great comment about Russ today. He said they should change the espn segment from “You got Mossed” to “You got Russed” because he’s so lethal on that RPO

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I think he was left out for a reason. One, he wasn’t their leading rusher and two, he isn’t considered a real threat in the passing Game . I guess I could change the thread title to “dual threat”

Trevor Lawrence will be the next one 

Our local radio guy had a great comment about Russ today. He said they should change the espn segment from “You got Mossed” to “You got Russed” because he’s so lethal on that RPO

Trevor Lawrence remind you at all of Allen?   When I watch him I feel like I am seeing what Josh would have been if he went to a power five school.

2 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

Trevor Lawrence remind you at all of Allen?   When I watch him I feel like I am seeing what Josh would have been if he went to a power five school.

Yes he does. He’s a remarkable talent however he is often inaccurate and makes some poor decisions. His upside is through the roof. His “basement” his higher than Allen due to college accomplishments and overall development to this point but I do see some parallels. 

It was always only a matter of time till the league really started to lean this way. Eventually a player will come along that has the arm skill of Mahomes, the elusiveness of Jackson and Murray, and the size of Allen. It's game over when that player arrives. 

In the meantime these dual threat QBs will rule the league. They clearly are not just running backs playing the QB position anymore.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

It was always only a matter of time till the league really started to lean this way. Eventually a player will come along that has the arm skill of Mahomes, the elusiveness of Jackson and Murray, and the size of Allen. It's game over when that player arrives. 

In the meantime these dual threat QBs will rule the league. They clearly are not just running backs playing the QB position anymore.

Trevor Lawrence is going to be a nightmare because he’s so big and fast. He’s also a natural leader. He’s not pinpoint accurate like Burrow but his arm is elite. Speaking of Burrow - he can really move too. It has changed that bengals offense to add in that run threat of the QB. Dalton could run a bit when he had too but it was awkward 

• Like (+1) 1

On 9/14/2020 at 10:56 AM, thenorthremembers said:

I’m a believer that the game has changed. QBs have to make plays with their feet. It used to be a luxury and now it is a necessity. The best players in football are mobile QBs (Mahomes, Lamar, Russell Wilson). 

Edited by Kirby Jackson
  • Like (+1) 1

I'm curious how Burrow and Lawence's athletic ability will look in future years compared to Allen's. All three very similar size and athletic. Allen is getting very good at making that first defender miss and then take off for a first down. Allen is also the only QB i can think of that can both take off for a 40+ yard run and haul in a 20 air yards TD reception on the same play. 

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

I think the point with the tweet is that they are passing QBs... that are mobile 

ehhh   I'm still reserving judgement ...  It takes more than a season or 2 or 3 to prove this imo. 

I just hate jumping to a conclusion with a small data set on the young QB's.

1 hour ago, r00tabaga said:

Add in Tyrod and they were 6-0.

Did they win?  Oh yeah  Missed FG to tie the game.

Tyrod was last in Completion % for Sundays games.  FWIW