Popping Out a Small Dent In My Car

Gugny

35 minutes ago, Gugny said:

Lil Gug clipped the garbage bin backing out of the driveway on Monday morning. Hence the failed road test this afternoon, LOL. 

He clipped the garbage bin backing out of the driveway and you still let him take his test?

31 minutes ago, Doc said:

He clipped the garbage bin backing out of the driveway and you still let him take his test?

Yeah.  He's had his permit since January and he's been driving plenty since then and doing very well.  Crap happens sometimes.  It's life.

4 minutes ago, Gugny said:

Yeah.  He's had his permit since January and he's been driving plenty since then and doing very well.  Crap happens sometimes.  It's life.

I agree with Doc.  It’s all your fault he failed.  Poor kid walked into his road test with shattered confidence.  Shame on you.

• Haha (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

I agree with Doc.  It’s all your fault he failed.  Poor kid walked into his road test with shattered confidence.  Shame on you.

Oh, there is little to no doubt what a horrible father I am.  I really should have taken the opportunity to tell him, "Goddammit, if you make one mistake, then you clearly just suck at whatever it is you're doing!!!!"

Next time, I really need to focus on letting him know how much of a failure he is because of an isolated mishap.

Thanks for the wake up call.

• Haha (+1) 2

9 minutes ago, Gugny said:

Oh, there is little to no doubt what a horrible father I am.  I really should have taken the opportunity to tell him, "Goddammit, if you make one mistake, then you clearly just suck at whatever it is you're doing!!!!"

Next time, I really need to focus on letting him know how much of a failure he is because of an isolated mishap.

Thanks for the wake up call.

I’s juss jokin with ya man.  ✌️

1 hour ago, Gugny said:

He's been doing a great job driving.  I nearly hit that bin at least every other week.  He actually just got by it. But when he turned the wheel at the end of the driveway, the front quarter panel just clipped it.  I can't believe it put a dent in it.  He was barely moving!!!

He felt HORRIBLE.  I'd had the car for 9 days!  He has no idea there's a dent in it.  Not gonna tell him.

Totally Cool Dad Badges

• Thank you (+1) 1