PFF Refocused Week 1 - Bills vs Jets

MAJBobby

On 9/14/2020 at 8:15 AM, MAJBobby said:

https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-2020-week-1-refocused-buffalo-bills-27-new-york-jets-17

Some excerpts.

STORY OF THE GAME
The Bills' new-look receiving corps was as advertised. All three receiver additions from the past two seasons had impressive outings. Stefon Diggs hauled in eight of nine targets for 86 yards with, six of those catches going for first downs; John Brown caught six of eight for 70 yards with a score; and Cole Beasley had four catches on seven targets for 58 yards.

The receivers made life easy on Josh Allen, who picked up a good deal of his yardage without having to attack much down the football field. Allen’s 6.8 average depth of target was three yards shorter than his average from a season ago (9.8 yards).

Seriously PFF can go pound sand.....they are Josh Allen haters and wont come off it

The first bad game this offense has?  They will be disecting the ***** out of Allen and wont event talk about the receivers

• Like (+1) 1

On 9/15/2020 at 2:46 PM, njbuff said:

Re-watching this game...................

the Bills just simply TOYED with the Jets.

At no point in the game did the Bills EVER feel threatened and they treated this like a preseason game, to a certain extent.

It almost....... ALMOST........ makes you feel bad for Jets fans with this game playing out this way.

This Bills team has struggled to close out games they should win handily, until they do it regularly I am not giving them a pass.

Great game Sunday though. Definitely a very good step for the O. 

On 9/16/2020 at 1:08 PM, ngbills said:

Yes, that is a miss. If a better placed ball is a TD then that would call that a miss. Defending Josh at all costs makes so many so blind to reality. You are allowed to like Josh and still admit he missed on a throw. He wont get mad at you. It is ok. 

pretty convenient to leave the gusty wind out of your diatribe

1 minute ago, spartacus said:

pretty convenient to leave the gusty wind out of your diatribe

Not a great pass. No big deal. Wind did not impact the pass. Cover 1 did a good job slowing the play down and Allen's base was too wide so he did not get enough zip on the ball. It was one bad pass, no need to defend it - wind, meant to throw it there, hard pass to throw, avoiding int. No - just a bad pass that Josh would say he wants back as well. And I have an agenda? Defending one bad pass is a bad look. Own it and move on - guy had a good game and one of the best of his career thus far. 

I you're not sustaining drives, 6.8 average depth per target could be a worrisome stat.  In the first half at least, Buffalo moved the ball with ease.  There are several possible reasons the Bills didn't move the ball as easily in the second half. including: the Jets defense made some good adjustments, Brian Daboll chose to dial down the creativity in order to save some stuff for future games and Buffalo played with less intensity.  I don't know what the exact answer might be.

2 minutes ago, TigerJ said:

I you're not sustaining drives, 6.8 average depth per target could be a worrisome stat.  In the first half at least, Buffalo moved the ball with ease.  There are several possible reasons the Bills didn't move the ball as easily in the second half. including: the Jets defense made some good adjustments, Brian Daboll chose to dial down the creativity in order to save some stuff for future games and Buffalo played with less intensity.  I don't know what the exact answer might be.

I'll go with the latter 2. 

1 minute ago, ScottLaw said:

They moved the ball all game.... the issue was Bass in the 2nd half. 

Yes, but in the first half, drives ended with 3 touchdowns and 2 fumbles.  In the second the were 5 drives, the first - a three and out, all the rest ended in field goal attempts.  Buffalo moved the ball, but couldn't punch it in the end zone.  Bass wasn't even needed in the first half, except for kick offs.

3 hours ago, K-9 said:

Hard to say which is worse; defending one bad pass or nit-picking one bad pass. 

Well in this example you just said it right there. You called it a bad pass. The topic did not come up over it being nit-picked as a bad pass. It was whether it should even be called a bad pass. 

6 minutes ago, ngbills said:

Well in this example you just said it right there. You called it a bad pass. The topic did not come up over it being nit-picked as a bad pass. It was whether it should even be called a bad pass. 

For the record, I don’t think it was a bad pass as it was a successful play, regardless. It just wasn’t a better pass and a more successful play. 

But that misses the point, which is it was ONE FRICKEN PASS out of 46, of which 32 others were successful as well. It’s as nit-picky as it gets, so the topic of nit-picking has now been broached. 

On 9/14/2020 at 2:11 PM, ngbills said:

Hilarious. 

Yes you are, 😁 Your ideal QB appears to be a game manager. Now that’s okay if you like boring football, it’s a “game” after all, it’s supposed to be exciting and entertaining, while winning. You need a beer and a fatty in the worst way, nuthin but luv ng, 

Go Bills!!!

17 hours ago, K-9 said:

For the record, I don’t think it was a bad pass as it was a successful play, regardless. It just wasn’t a better pass and a more successful play. 

But that misses the point, which is it was ONE FRICKEN PASS out of 46, of which 32 others were successful as well. It’s as nit-picky as it gets, so the topic of nit-picking has now been broached. 

Again, missing the point. I was not nit-picking one bad pass. Even if it was an int or overthrown by 30 yards. Oh well, it happens. The point was people saying that was a perfect pass and exactly where Josh wanted to throw it. If he threw it differently it would have been intercepted. That is what I was responding to. I posted a pic to show Beasley had beaten the two deep and was wide open. 

10 minutes ago, ngbills said:

Again, missing the point. I was not nit-picking one bad pass. Even if it was an int or overthrown by 30 yards. Oh well, it happens. The point was people saying that was a perfect pass and exactly where Josh wanted to throw it. If he threw it differently it would have been intercepted. That is what I was responding to. I posted a pic to show Beasley had beaten the two deep and was wide open. 

I haven’t read the entire thread, so if there were people claiming it was a perfect throw, I question their ability to evaluate ball placement. By the same token, I question anyone who would say it was a bad pass. It was a successful play that could have been better and I’ll just leave it at that.