PFF Refocused Week 1 - Bills vs Jets

MAJBobby

Re-watching this game...................

the Bills just simply TOYED with the Jets.

At no point in the game did the Bills EVER feel threatened and they treated this like a preseason game, to a certain extent.

It almost....... ALMOST........ makes you feel bad for Jets fans with this game playing out this way.

35 minutes ago, njbuff said:

Re-watching this game...................

the Bills just simply TOYED with the Jets.

At no point in the game did the Bills EVER feel threatened and they treated this like a preseason game, to a certain extent.

It almost....... ALMOST........ makes you feel bad for Jets fans with this game playing out this way.

Yet we only one by 10. This should have been a 56-3 like blow out based on how it started. 

1 hour ago, ngbills said:

Yet we only one by 10. This should have been a 56-3 like blow out based on how it started. 

True. Definitely the fumbles and missed field goals made the game closer than it needed to be. Edmunds missing his tackle on that crowder TD can't happen against better teams, though I don't know if McD would have dialed up that pressure against a better QB. 

Still, at no point did I feel that they would let the game get away from them. And you know coach is drilling them on those errors.

On 9/14/2020 at 11:22 AM, Scott7975 said:

Yes PFF it was all the receivers. Josh didn’t throw good passes. No other QBs get a chunk of their yards from YAC like Josh 

This will be the next Josh narrative. His receivers are making him look good.

2 hours ago, ngbills said:

Well, there was a garbage time TD.  Three score win otherwise.

On 9/14/2020 at 7:22 PM, ngbills said:

We can agree to disagree. The safety was behind him and to his left by at least 5 yards. Allen throws that ball in stride Beasley catches and outruns the safety. I could not find any of the analysis with pics out there yet. But here is my amateur shots - not the best angle, end zone shot would be best. You can see if he is able to continue running straight and not have to dive and towards the safety he is gone. 

IMG_4031b.jpg

Hey if you are really going to a scrutinize every throw I suggest you go back and watch KCs opener. I watched Mahomes throw at least 3 balls to no one in particular and one time there was a wide open WR that he missed by 10 yards...Does anybody not notice when other quality QBs miss throws? They all do it. Josh hit this one, he just threw it low because he has been told to avoid turnovers and he has had middle of the field deep picks galore in the past, so hard to fault him for taking the safe 30 yards. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Locomark said:

Hey if you are really going to a scrutinize every throw I suggest you go back and watch KCs opener. I watched Mahomes throw at least 3 balls to no one in particular and one time there was a wide open WR that he missed by 10 yards...Does anybody not notice when other quality QBs miss throws? They all do it. Josh hit this one, he just threw it low because he has been told to avoid turnovers and he has had middle of the field deep picks galore in the past, so hard to fault him for taking the safe 30 yards. 

That kind of throw where a QB has a completion but a better placed ball would have provided for major YAC or maybe even a touchdown happens in every single game each weekend. Every decent QB has 1 or 2 of those each week. They are frustrating but they happen. Anyone trying to hold that up as an example of why Josh's passing day was not as good as it appears at first look is being unfair with their expectations.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

9 hours ago, Locomark said:

7 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

That kind of throw where a QB has a completion but a better placed ball would have provided for major YAC or maybe even a touchdown happens in every single game each weekend. Every decent QB has 1 or 2 of those each week. They are frustrating but they happen. Anyone trying to hold that up as an example of why Josh's passing day was not as good as it appears at first look is being unfair with their expectations.

Context. The picture and discussion was not a "only Allen throws this pass" "Allen sucks and had a horrible game" post. It was responding to a few that actually said it was not a bad pass. He threw it in the right spot and that anywhere else it was a pick and not a touchdown. I called bs on that. Beasley was clearly open and had beaten the two deep coverage. Ball in the right spot and he is gone. Thats all. And yes, that pass can be missed by any QB and it does happen all the time. But no need to pretend it didn't happen. 

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, Locomark said:

Hey if you are really going to a scrutinize every throw I suggest you go back and watch KCs opener. 

I'm completely convinced that a lot of these people who nitpick every JA pass don't watch any other NFL games.  

Was the ball placement the Beasley reception perfect?  No, obviously not.  But literally every QB in every game has passes like that.  Nobody has the kind of pinpoint 100% accuracy on every pass that certain folks seem to expect from Allen.

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, ngbills said:

Context. The picture and discussion was not a "only Allen throws this pass" "Allen sucks and had a horrible game" post. It was responding to a few that actually said it was not a bad pass. He threw it in the right spot and that anywhere else it was a pick and not a touchdown. I called bs on that. Beasley was clearly open and had beaten the two deep coverage. Ball in the right spot and he is gone. Thats all. And yes, that pass can be missed by any QB and it does happen all the time. But no need to pretend it didn't happen. 

It wasn't a bad pass. It wasn't perfectly placed, but it wasn't a miss. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, BillsFanSD said:

I'm completely convinced that a lot of these people who nitpick every JA pass don't watch any other NFL games.  

Was the ball placement the Beasley reception perfect?  No, obviously not.  But literally every QB in every game has passes like that.  Nobody has the kind of pinpoint 100% accuracy on every pass that certain folks seem to expect from Allen.

Read above. Context. It was not about Josh is not allowed to miss that pass. It was about if he did miss it or not. Honesty is the best policy. Yes he did. Move on. 

1 minute ago, BillsFanSD said:

A lot of people also don't realize that Tyreek Hill is going to make up for a lot of ground that Cole Beasley doesn't cover. 

Just now, GoBills808 said:

It wasn't a bad pass. It wasn't perfectly placed, but it wasn't a miss. 

Yes, that is a miss. If a better placed ball is a TD then that would call that a miss. Defending Josh at all costs makes so many so blind to reality. You are allowed to like Josh and still admit he missed on a throw. He wont get mad at you. It is ok. 

1 hour ago, ngbills said:

Yes, that is a miss. If a better placed ball is a TD then that would call that a miss. Defending Josh at all costs makes so many so blind to reality. You are allowed to like Josh and still admit he missed on a throw. He wont get mad at you. It is ok. 

No, it's not a miss.  Josh took and connected on the higher percentage play.  Yes, it looks like the possibility was there to have led him Beasley and make a bigger play.  However, in attempting the leading pass you increase the degree of difficulty of the pass and increase the odds of an incompletion.

The game situation did not call for taking an increased level of risk to reap the reward of the immediate touchdown.  The secure victory we just witnessed was due in large part to Josh taking the high percentage completion that was available.

2 hours ago, Einstein's Dog said:

No, it's not a miss.  Josh took and connected on the higher percentage play.  Yes, it looks like the possibility was there to have led him Beasley and make a bigger play.  However, in attempting the leading pass you increase the degree of difficulty of the pass and increase the odds of an incompletion.

The game situation did not call for taking an increased level of risk to reap the reward of the immediate touchdown.  The secure victory we just witnessed was due in large part to Josh taking the high percentage completion that was available.

It was not higher risk. It was an inaccurate pass. Just stop with the he purposely threw it there. The pass he threw was more risky. 

6 minutes ago, Einstein's Dog said:

The pass Josh threw was not high risk, just stop with that. 

I'm sorry you're upset that Josh had a stellar day.

Oh how I wish you could ask Josh about that play. I would bet money he say " yep, missed on that one. Beasley made a great catch to bail me out".