We learned a Screen Game over the offseason

MAJBobby

45 minutes ago, Logic said:

It can't be overstated how critical screens are to offensive success in the 2020 NFL.

If anyone needs proof, I'd suggest they go watch a few Kansas City Chiefs games and tell me what they see.

Or nearly every game we've played the last decade against the Patriots****.

4 hours ago, NewEra said:

Seems like ever since chan left our screens have been non existent.  Strange, considering we had Shady for several years. 

My guess would be screens are more difficult to master than other plays. It takes good faking by the offensive line, QB, and receivers/backs. It requires offensive linemen who are agile enough to get out in space and eat up blocks. And it takes a QB who can get the ball to the right spot often under pressure.

So maybe we just haven't had all those prices together to have those plays be effective until now.

• Like (+1) 1

The play-calling in the first half genuinely looked like what the Chiefs, 49ers, and the good McVay Rams run. Jet motion, TE screens, two RB backfields, 3-4 WR sets almost every play...better execution puts us up 35-0 in the first half. 

The second half didn't go as well and we went a bit conservative but the signs are good that this offense can take the next step. 

I remember the game when the Levi coached Bills killed the Dolphins with Marchibroda’s designed screen plays. In his post game presser, Marv said, “Can you say Screen Play?”

Tom Olivadatti (sp?) had no answer for it with his D. I think Schulz got a new D Coordinator the next year. :lol: