We learned a Screen Game over the offseason

MAJBobby

There was a couple things that surprised me alot about this game.  First was Allen being game-planned to win with his arm.  I would never have expected 46 attempts (even when they got up they never stopped throwing like the past).

However the Biggest Surprise to me....  When did we learn the Screen Game?  I dont think I have seen Bills run effective screens all game like this since the 90s team.  

Both RBs involved in the Screen Game.  WRs Screens, the throw back screens, I think there as even a TE Screen in there.  I loved it.

The Best one was...  Allen comes to the line, sees the defense, changes to Brown WR Screen.  Snaps and throws and Brown Housed it untouched from 17 yards out.

• Like (+1) 15
  • Thank you (+1) 3

Yes was fun to watch. He is clearly making better decisions and has learned alot. Get those fumbles under control and we're good. I liked the 1 screen that didn't work that well when they faked it to the left and screened it to the right.

Have to look at it again but not totally sure if the blocking wasn't in the right places or the Jets D just sniffed it out. Looks like the Jets just played good defense on that particular play. In any event I still liked the play call. That play is going to go for big yards at some point against someone I expect.

They have gotten a lot better at screen plays, at least it seems in week 1 anyway.

4 minutes ago, Logic said:

I feel like I've been screaming about the need for a screen game for AT LEAST six years. Certainly since Watkins was drafted.

Yesterday, it finally happened.

Dreams do come true.

Seems like ever since chan left our screens have been non existent.  Strange, considering we had Shady for several years. 

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Seems like ever since chan left our screens have been non existent.  Strange, considering we had Shady for several years. 

It can't be overstated how critical screens are to offensive success in the 2020 NFL.

If anyone needs proof, I'd suggest they go watch a few Kansas City Chiefs games and tell me what they see.

• Like (+1) 2

14 minutes ago, Logic said:

It can't be overstated how critical screens are to offensive success in the 2020 NFL.

If anyone needs proof, I'd suggest they go watch a few Kansas City Chiefs games and tell me what they see.

Absolutely.  The way Reid utilized Shady, compared to the way we utilized him is the difference between night and day.  

glad to see it’s back.