Erie County Dept. of Health Warning Fans Who Plan on Attending the Miami Game

T&C

17 minutes ago, North Buffalo said:

Exactly, TX and Fla have way more cases then NY.  NY got hit first and had to figure out best treatments and protocols from scratch with little coherent leadership from feds.  Death rates have gone way down because of NY experience and figuring it out, yet infections in Fla and TX far exceed NY and death eventually will surpass NY.  Sad because you would think would have learned. But Red states have called it a conspiracy despite the science and continue to have high numbers of infections.  NY is down to a dull roar though still idiots not following basic infection protocols and being spreaders.

Is it any wonder red states are screaming “ conspiracy” when you have people like Mike Caputo in important leadership positions? When the lead spokesperson for HHS says the CDC and the great scientists who made that place the (sadly no longer) preeminent organization of its kind in the world are purposely misleading the public for some deep state cause, well, what’s a conspiracist supposed to think? An article from the WP:

https://apple.news/AMWY1HBZsRcmS0E_e5xkw1w

• Like (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, North Buffalo said:

Exactly, TX and Fla have way more cases then NY.  NY got hit first and had to figure out best treatments and protocols from scratch with little coherent leadership from feds.  Death rates have gone way down because of NY experience and figuring it out, yet infections in Fla and TX far exceed NY and death eventually will surpass NY.  Sad because you would think would have learned. But Red states have called it a conspiracy despite the science and continue to have high numbers of infections.  NY is down to a dull roar though still idiots not following basic infection protocols and being spreaders.

Ahhhhhhh you realize when the northeast got hit with the first wave in March, the testing capacity was 20% of what it was when FL had their spike over the summer right?

Yeh and by that point Fla and Tx should have learned..., Also given death rates in March and April above the norm in FLA and TX and lack of testing who knows how bad it was down there.  But betting deaths if actually tested would be a lot closer to NYs.  Heart attacks etc would have been directly attributable to covid.  

Also If they could efficiently test for t cell responses betting a lot more immunity out there show greater wide spread of disease.  Also gonna see more long term issues show up.  People under estimate this virus are the problem... doesnt care about ppolitics.

5 minutes ago, North Buffalo said:

Yeh and by that point Fla and Tx should have learned..., Also given death rates in March and April above the norm in FLA and TX and lack of testing who knows how bad it was down there.  But betting deaths if actually tested would be a lot closer to NYs.  Heart attacks etc would have been directly attributable to covid.  

Also If they could efficiently test for t cell responses betting a lot more immunity out there show greater wide spread of disease.  Also gonna see more long term issues show up.  People under estimate this virus are the problem... doesnt care about ppolitics.

Should have learned what?  California, Oregon, Texas, FL, all avoided the first wave but got hit with it in the summer.  Same thing for Japan, Israel, Australia.  Thinking there would be no rise in cases as people came back out of their homes and with much higher availability of tests and antibody tests is nonsensical.  The plan was to manage it, protect the elderly and not overtax the hospitals and that's exactly what FL did.

• Like (+1) 2

5 hours ago, GoFlamesGo said:

“I appreciate and respect science,”

I’m sorry but you don’t, because it is scientists who make the argument we all need to mask in certain situations, which you have disregarded. Scientists plead with us to do this because they are using information from a number of situations, not the least of which countries with uniform masking like Japan, which a subsequent poster pointed out.

”Luckily I live in a red state,”

It is actually people like you who have politicized the virus, making it more about civil liberties and the president or governor you like than the actual human disease toll. You just readily but unknowingly acknowledged and admitted it.

You talk about not burying your head in the sand when in fact it is textbook what you are actually doing. Going about your daily life serving ice cream to happy people like it’s 2018 while your state experiences more illness and death than an ENTIRE massive country like Japan can’t be any more burying your head in the sand. 

Welcome to America in 2020 I guess.

99.7 survival rate and those odds only apply IF you catch it. Sorry but I’ll worry about bigger issues like the stripping of liberties, massive corruption in politics, Chinese influence in our media, social distress and the widely mislead portion of our population. 

5 hours ago, Richard Noggin said:

Poor wittle oppressed guy. 

Get outta here with calling this tyranny. You wouldn't know tyranny if it shot your unarmed father or brother or son in the back. 

Or if it just walked up and shot you in the face while you were just sitting in your car? How about then?

Just now, SoCal Deek said:

Agent of the State? I cannot wait to read your upcoming manifesto.  Where can I reserve a copy?

Tyranny comes from the state. Like in the NFL (a terribly example), it cannot come from players, but only from the league or from teams which are, essentially, the league.  

Calling someone an "agent of the state" is simply a precise way to identify one who is employed by a gov't. And it was also intended to divert us from some discussion of random street crime, which CANNOT, by definition, be tyranny. 

I'm no political ideologue. No manifestos here. 

I just love football and human dignity.