WGR this morning (9/14)

Virgil

5 minutes ago, 17islongenough said:

This Louis guy on with Sal right now.  He is making it sound like we lost by 50 yesterday.  He is complaining about not having a running game.  We did not need a running game yesterday. 

“Offensive line can’t get in a rhythm if you run shotgun double playaction. You have to give a basketball player more than 1 shot. That was an ugly 400 yards of offense.”

WHAT!?!?!?!

11 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I don't think he cares about the politics.  Rosen was supposed to be more polished.  Allen didn't have great production in college....that's the reason he wanted Rosen.

That's the reason I wanted Rosen too.

If you dont think he cares about politics you dont listen to the show.  He cares very much about politics and social issues.  He also went on huge twitter rants about Rosen's politics.

1 hour ago, Virgil said:

I've recently taken a job where I'm more of a 9-5 and can listen to the Bills Radio on my way into work.  Today was the first time I did it and was really looking forward to it.  I have to say, it was terrible.

For 40 straight minutes, the only thing they talked about was Allen's fumbles and Daboll calling so many QB runs.  Not the 300+ yards, not a dominating defense, not being 1-0, not any of the other many positives.  The worst part was, the fans were mostly responsible.  Every called, minus one who talked about preseason games not being missed, wanted to talk about the fumbles and how much they COULD have affected the game.

Are we so beaten and broken that we can't appreciate all of the positive steps forward this team has taken and the position we are in this season?  If I didn't know any better, you'd think we won or lost in a squeaker.

I hope today was a microcosm of that show, but c'mon...

I hear you Virgil, it drives me nuts, too. But I have to tell you that if you listened to radio back in the Super Bowl years the calls were the same.

"If Kelly throws a pick like he did today against the Dolphins we're screwed."

"If Andre drops a sure first down next week against the Cowboys, we won't pull out a win like we did today."

"Sure Bruce had 3 sacks today, but let me see him do that to the 49ers, then I'll give him some credit."

Some fans just can't enjoy a win. Their cleats are always half empty. A smart radio station would have a positive calls only policy the day after wins. Emphasis on a SMART radio station.

5 minutes ago, ChevyVanMiller said:

I hear you Virgil, it drives me nuts, too. But I have to tell you that if you listened to radio back in the Super Bowl years the calls were the same.

"If Andre drops a sure first down next week against the Cowboys, we won't pull out a win like we did today."

"Sure Bruce had 3 sacks today, but let me see him do that to the 49ers, then I'll give him some credit."

Some fans just can't enjoy a win. Their cleats are always half empty. A smart radio station would have a positive calls only policy the day after wins. Emphasis on a SMART radio station.

I don't think the bolded is true. I think it is relevant and important to talk about the negative aspects of each game. The way some people do it, like projecting doom and gloom for future games if xyz doesn't get fixed now, is ridiculous, but talking through the negatives doesn't have to be that way.

For instance, it is important to talk about Josh Allen's fumbling issue. But if you are going to talk about his fumbling you should also mention how elite of a runner he is what a great game passing he had yesterday. But yeah, he needs to fix it. He is usually good at adjusting to the most pressing issue of his game, so I expect he will be much more aware in future games.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Virgil said:

I've recently taken a job where I'm more of a 9-5 and can listen to the Bills Radio on my way into work.  Today was the first time I did it and was really looking forward to it.  I have to say, it was terrible.

For 40 straight minutes, the only thing they talked about was Allen's fumbles and Daboll calling so many QB runs.  Not the 300+ yards, not a dominating defense, not being 1-0, not any of the other many positives.  The worst part was, the fans were mostly responsible.  Every called, minus one who talked about preseason games not being missed, wanted to talk about the fumbles and how much they COULD have affected the game.

Are we so beaten and broken that we can't appreciate all of the positive steps forward this team has taken and the position we are in this season?  If I didn't know any better, you'd think we won or lost in a squeaker.

think about the type of person that still listens to radio and then call into a radio station using a telephone..

42 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

If you dont think he cares about politics you dont listen to the show.  He cares very much about politics and social issues.  He also went on huge twitter rants about Rosen's politics.

I listen to the show almost every morning.  Jeremy White is one of my favorites.

I never said he didn't care about politics or social issues.  I just said I don't think it's not going to be a reason for him to want or not want a player.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Virgil said:

Josh's fumbles and Daboll's fascination with designed QB runs in the teeth of a defense are concerning. I'm really pleased were 1-0, but so is half the league at this point. If those sloppy miscues cost us the game the tone around here would be so different. We saw the good Josh and bad Josh yesterday. I'd say 85% good 15% bad. What makes the bad dangerous is the momentum swing it creates. Fortunately for us the Jets are not good enough to capitalize in that scenario, but other teams on our schedule are. Dabolls gameplanning was flawless. The Jets D made the team one dimensional and they still couldn't stop us! The Bills only punted ONCE! And not until the 3rd when the game was pretty much decided. I'm thrilled with where Josh is right now in his development. Many fan bases and pundits forget it's only his 2nd full season as a starter. He fixed his INTs last year and hopefully he fixes the fumbles this year. 

Be pleased with the win, the 300 yard performance and the great D Virg, but aspire for better cause that's what will bring a SB.

You want some comedy radio? Listen to Jets Sports radio today. My sides are splitting right now! 😄😄😄

Is this a playoff team? It is called higher expectations. I hope the players are the same way, thinking about all the plays they left on the field and not simply happy beating a inferior team. The goal is to beat the Ravens, Chiefs and other contenders. The offense is not going to do that playing the way they did. Those teams will defend you better and not allow you beat you Superhero style. We saw that vs Houston in the playoffs and most of our losses. 

1 hour ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

Read through this forum. There are posters that sound the same. So what if the team won, the Jets were never really in it, Allen had a 300+ yard game with a 70%+ completion rate, 2 passing TDs and a running TD? Dontchya know he had two fumbles and missed some passes? :rolleyes:  I swear people simply like being miserable and complaining.

Enjoy the good games people. It wasn't that long ago Bills fans had a reason to complain. Yesterday was not that day.

Seriously. Bills fans are actually complaining that a win wasn't dominant enough

WTF?!?

2 hours ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

I for one, in my little fiefdom bubble of Billslandia down here, have declared today a public holiday complete with meatloaf for dinner-feast and only positive feedback from the citizenry permitted. Carry on! 

I needed this. Having a tough time getting into work, and cant keep my head out of football coverage today. I feel better knowing it's a holiday.

Apparently the Falcons thought they had the day off YESTERDAY and not today tho :thumbsup:

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, ChevyVanMiller said:

It's like no one remembers the MANY calls that the Bills should start Reich, Levy was over the hill, etc. Fans gonna fan. 

• Like (+1) 1

The morning guys are a bunch of whiners about everything. They have become totally unlistenable and it’s time for Simon to retire so he can live the rest of his life in his basement worrying about the corona virus. The afternoon guys are pretty much the same way, except Schopp doesn’t whine but the other guy needs to just go away with his incessant whining and crying about everything. The other shows that they have are probably their best ones because you get actual sports with some entertainment mixed in. It’s time for GR to start purging some of their morning and afternoon staff.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Just Joshin' said:

WGR in general has a lack of deep, critical thinking.  They should write bad bumper stickers.

Honestly, while I think there are a ton of reasons to complain about GR, I really don't think they can be accused of having a lack of critical thinkers.  Normally, it is critical thinking that makes people hate them so much (Schoop and Jeremy especially).  

Personally, i get the criticisms they get, and while I may even agree with some of it...I still don't hate them to the degree that some do.

2 hours ago, BillsFanSD said:

So basically it's like the gameday threads.

Yup, if you only read the game day thread for info you would have thought the Bills we’re struggling mightily the whole game, there are sime drama queens posting on the game day thread, they just live for any play that didn’t go as scripted, quaylewds and gin would be a good idea for many of those folk...😁 👍🍺

Go Bills!!!

2 hours ago, Crayola64 said:

There is a small percentage of fans that disliked Allen before he was drafted, purely because some media pundits labeled him bad.  And they can’t let that go.

thank god we have Allen over Darnold, mayfield, or Rosen...

One of the worst things about the internet and sports. People have their opinions documented and instead of admitting they’re wrong, they would rather stay wrong. Go wrong, stay wrong.