WGR this morning (9/14)

Virgil

30 minutes ago, Crayola64 said:

There is a small percentage of fans that disliked Allen before he was drafted, purely because some media pundits labeled him bad.  And they can’t let that go.

thank god we have Allen over Darnold, mayfield, or Rosen...

Never forget Jeremy White hated Josh Allen when he was drafted. He was livid when it happened. He thought Josh Rosen was the slam-dunk, no-brainer, NFL-ready option. Oh well.

Edited by PromoTheRobot
  • Like (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, Crayola64 said:

There is a small percentage of fans that disliked Allen before he was drafted, purely because some media pundits labeled him bad.  And they can’t let that go.

Lots of em in this video. 

• Haha (+1) 3

1 minute ago, YoloinOhio said:

I don’t listen often but once in awhile i do and o was thinking the other day they should just change it to a fantasy show, seriously. Schopp is obsessed and doesn’t hide it. 

Schopp spent the first 5 minutes of the postgame talking about how weird it was to him there was no actual crowd noise. I know THAT was foremost on my mind right after the game. <_<

• Haha (+1) 1

I listened on the app and they mentioned 300 yards, a lot of the good and did talk a lot about the fumbles and play calls.  I think a lot tend to focus on "what could be improved" vs what they think is "the negative".  Personally I did not understand all the called Josh Allen runs and lack there of to the RBs.  I know once they did use the RB's it did not go well but the fear is Allen getting injured, that would be devastating.   Ultimatley we want Allen to be more a pocket passer than a QB who also runs like an RB.  Using his athleticism is fine but taking big hits should be minimized down the road.  Just my opinion.  

41 minutes ago, Crayola64 said:

MNASReE.gif

I just moved back from CA yesterday, working outside of Syracuse (Skaneateles Falls) and for now living with my father in Rochester until I find a place. Any good radio to listen to about the Bills in those markets? This morning, I listened to Sirius XM NFL mostly from 6 AM to 9 and never heard the Bills mentioned (probably they did sometime when I had to have the radio off). I missed Schein's monolog unfortunately, I'm sure he had a lot to say.

22 minutes ago, apuszczalowski said:

All we heard around here last year was how 300 yard games were meaningless and usually only happen with bad teams who have to throw the ball in desperation to get back into a game, now it means eliteness because Allen finally did it.

The defence played great yesterday but was it because they were dominate or was it because the Jets offence was just bad, all everyone was talking about around here is how bad the Jets offensive weapons are around Darnold? had the jets been able to do anything with the ball, those 2 fumbles could have been huge to swing the game. Maybe some people aren't out planning the SB parade just yet because it was only one game against a bad team and there are still things the bills will need to work on if they want to be considered a true contender and not be 'one and done' in the playoffs again.

This team still seems to be similar to last year where they don't want to put a game away by driving up a score. They were up 21-3 at half time then were outscored 14-6 the rest of the game as it appeared they put the brakes on the offence. i don't know anyone that is truly pissed off about yesterday, but some aren't as excited and ready to declare the team being in elite status and a SB favorite just yet

And those kinds of calls are typical of just about any sports talk show outside of maybe a handful of teams where they are used to dominating (Like the Pats or Yankees/Redsox)

Count me among this group. I'm not the least bit "pissed off," but I'm not going to drink the kool-aid quite yet. It was a nice win though.

(I'm actually REALLY concerned about Edmunds' injury...if he's out long-term, this defense could suffer tremendously.)

44 minutes ago, Virgil said:

I've recently taken a job where I'm more of a 9-5 and can listen to the Bills Radio on my way into work.  Today was the first time I did it and was really looking forward to it.  I have to say, it was terrible.

For 40 straight minutes, the only thing they talked about was Allen's fumbles and Daboll calling so many QB runs.  Not the 300+ yards, not a dominating defense, not being 1-0, not any of the other many positives.  The worst part was, the fans were mostly responsible.  Every called, minus one who talked about preseason games not being missed, wanted to talk about the fumbles and how much they COULD have affected the game.

Are we so beaten and broken that we can't appreciate all of the positive steps forward this team has taken and the position we are in this season?  If I didn't know any better, you'd think we won or lost in a squeaker.

I hope today was a microcosm of that show, but c'mon...

I've listened to most of this morning on WGR and there has been a ton of positive and affirmation that Allen played a very good game and Dabol had a very good plan. Some debate about how many QB runs were called sure, but mixed with a lot of fair and reasoned takes. You must have caught a special 40 minute pocket :)

9 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

How many are proud of it now?

While I'm not in that picture (although body-size-wise, I would have fit right in), I was at home on that draft night and screamed the loudest profanity you've ever heard when they said "Allen" after "Josh." However, he was our QB and I was now determined to give him a chance. He genuinely won me over very quickly, and there were a few tidbits I'd missed about him that helped me form a different picture than my initial view -- essentially, I started to realize he was more than just a shiny, strong arm, but he seemed clearly a born leader and a quick learner. Since then, he's been exciting to watch and his growth seems pretty obvious. It's not that there still aren't glaring holes in his game and he could still slide back, but his promise to be a top QB in the league is still on track.  

• Like (+1) 2

47 minutes ago, billsfan28277 said:

Think the morning show on WGR is bad?  Try to listen to Schopp and Bulldog.  Your ears will start to bleed.

Schopp & Bulldog are awful. The radi show in rochester called the Sportsbar is soooo much better.

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

Jeremy White wanted to draft Josh Rosen and a small part of it had to do with his politics.  Thats all you need to know about WGR.  Thankfully Sal is fantastic on the 10am show.

I don't think he cares about the politics.  Rosen was supposed to be more polished.  Allen didn't have great production in college....that's the reason he wanted Rosen.

That's the reason I wanted Rosen too.

55 minutes ago, billsfan28277 said:

Think the morning show on WGR is bad?  Try to listen to Schopp and Bulldog.  Your ears will start to bleed.

I am normally pretty hard on Schopp, but I have to give him credit. He was very positive about the Bills on the post game show. He wasn't even calling for Tyler Bass to be replaced. Bulldog was a lot more negative and I think it took him by surprise how positive Schopp was.

Now, obviously he pointed out the negatives, which needs to be done.