WGR this morning (9/14)

Virgil

I've recently taken a job where I'm more of a 9-5 and can listen to the Bills Radio on my way into work.  Today was the first time I did it and was really looking forward to it.  I have to say, it was terrible.

For 40 straight minutes, the only thing they talked about was Allen's fumbles and Daboll calling so many QB runs.  Not the 300+ yards, not a dominating defense, not being 1-0, not any of the other many positives.  The worst part was, the fans were mostly responsible.  Every called, minus one who talked about preseason games not being missed, wanted to talk about the fumbles and how much they COULD have affected the game.

Are we so beaten and broken that we can't appreciate all of the positive steps forward this team has taken and the position we are in this season?  If I didn't know any better, you'd think we won or lost in a squeaker.

I hope today was a microcosm of that show, but c'mon...

• Like (+1) 17
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Virgil said:

I've recently taken a job where I'm more of a 9-5 and can listen to the Bills Radio on my way into work.  Today was the first time I did it and was really looking forward to it.  I have to say, it was terrible.

For 40 straight minutes, the only thing they talked about was Allen's fumbles and Daboll calling so many QB runs.  Not the 300+ yards, not a dominating defense, not being 1-0, not any of the other many positives.  

So basically it's like the gameday threads.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 3

6 minutes ago, Virgil said:

For 40 straight minutes, the only thing they talked about was Allen's fumbles and Daboll calling so many QB runs.  Not the 300+ yards, not a dominating defense, not being 1-0, not any of the other many positives.  The worst part was, the fans were mostly responsible.  Every called, minus one who talked about preseason games not being missed, wanted to talk about the fumbles and how much they COULD have affected the game.

Are we so beaten and broken that we can't appreciate all of the positive steps forward this team has taken and the position we are in this season?  If I didn't know any better, you'd think we won or lost in a squeaker.

All we heard around here last year was how 300 yard games were meaningless and usually only happen with bad teams who have to throw the ball in desperation to get back into a game, now it means eliteness because Allen finally did it.

The defence played great yesterday but was it because they were dominate or was it because the Jets offence was just bad, all everyone was talking about around here is how bad the Jets offensive weapons are around Darnold? had the jets been able to do anything with the ball, those 2 fumbles could have been huge to swing the game. Maybe some people aren't out planning the SB parade just yet because it was only one game against a bad team and there are still things the bills will need to work on if they want to be considered a true contender and not be 'one and done' in the playoffs again.

This team still seems to be similar to last year where they don't want to put a game away by driving up a score. They were up 21-3 at half time then were outscored 14-6 the rest of the game as it appeared they put the brakes on the offence. i don't know anyone that is truly pissed off about yesterday, but some aren't as excited and ready to declare the team being in elite status and a SB favorite just yet

And those kinds of calls are typical of just about any sports talk show outside of maybe a handful of teams where they are used to dominating (Like the Pats or Yankees/Redsox)

• Like (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, Virgil said:

I never listen to them.  

I assume they know their business, and they know what attracts and keeps listeners.   You and I don't understand why that approach would attract listeners, because you and I can't stand it.  But we apparently are not all listeners.  

• Like (+1) 2

19 minutes ago, Virgil said:

Keep in mind that the morning show generally presents a more optimistic view of the team's performance in relation to the 3 - 7 pm show.  😁

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, Virgil said:

Locked on Bills and Buffalo Rumblings podcasts are good commute listens and I think you would like them better based on your comments 

• Like (+1) 2

26 minutes ago, Virgil said:

Read through this forum. There are posters that sound the same. So what if the team won, the Jets were never really in it, Allen had a 300+ yard game with a 70%+ completion rate, 2 passing TDs and a running TD? Dontchya know he had two fumbles and missed some passes? :rolleyes:  I swear people simply like being miserable and complaining.

Enjoy the good games people. It wasn't that long ago Bills fans had a reason to complain. Yesterday was not that day.

• Like (+1) 4

5 minutes ago, Gene1973 said:

Schopp & Bulldog is a good show, what I dislike about it sometimes is the fantasy talk. I really hate fantasy sports.

I don’t listen often but once in awhile i do and o was thinking the other day they should just change it to a fantasy show, seriously. Schopp is obsessed and doesn’t hide it.