Technology and Crowd Noise

Chaos

I guess Im the odd man out. I did not like it. I hate sitcoms with laugh boxes. And now I hate fake cheers when a home team fumbles the ball. I dont know how many times I went to the fridge to get a drink and heard the cheers ramp up for no apparent reason at all only to run in and see there was nothing happening. Just odd to me. 

The 49ers-Cardinals game seemed to have the crowd noise at too high a level. It was quite annoying, whereas the Bills game was not so bad.

1 hour ago, fansince88 said:

I guess Im the odd man out. I did not like it. I hate sitcoms with laugh boxes. And now I hate fake cheers when a home team fumbles the ball. I dont know how many times I went to the fridge to get a drink and heard the cheers ramp up for no apparent reason at all only to run in and see there was nothing happening. Just odd to me. 

No, I disliked it as well. Fake crowds, it is so 2020.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, fansince88 said:

I hear ya. I HATED the canned crowd noise. But, just an FYI, I work on sitcoms for a living (I'm a gaffer in Los Angeles), and they are, indeed, filmed in front of a live studio audience. The laughter is, of course, edited. But, it is recorded live, and is real. I'm often impressed with how much the audience gets into it, and will continue to laugh for multiple takes. 

1 hour ago, Rocky Landing said:

I hear ya. I HATED the canned crowd noise. But, just an FYI, I work on sitcoms for a living (I'm a gaffer in Los Angeles), and they are, indeed, filmed in front of a live studio audience. The laughter is, of course, edited. But, it is recorded live, and is real. I'm often impressed with how much the audience gets into it, and will continue to laugh for multiple takes. 

Im talking about those shows you can hear the same track over and over after each line. Obviously a laugh box. 

6 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

There's nobody running it. It was on a continuous loop for 3 hours

I think that was true of the sound pumped onto the field at the stadium - read that somewhere.  But it seems the sound that the TV broadcasters overlaid was not on a loop.  At least in the Saints/Bucs game, the sound seemed to match the situation pretty well.