MMQB: Why the Bills are where they are

YoloinOhio

https://www.si.com/nfl/2020/09/14/mmqb-week-1-dwayne-haskins-ron-rivera-cam-jordan-daily-cover

Bottom line: If the Bills were the hunted here, they were the grizzly bear that swiped the shotgun from the hunter and bludgeoned him over the head with it. And as head coach Sean McDermott saw it afterwards, that happened because, as he tried to get his team to see all summer, nothing really had to change.
  • Like (+1) 5
  • Thank you (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Brennan Huff said:

God that was such a horrendous pass by Allen. But it was just one pass. 71% completion rate is pretty good....

To be fair, he also had a wide open miss to Dawson Know.  Couple that with 2 fumbles.  But for the most part, that’s it.  When you look at the totality of the game, he did more good than bad - which is “The Josh Allen Experience.”

• Like (+1) 7
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Seemed like a solid write up, and there was more good than bad from Allen.  They knocked the rust off so hopefully we won’t see a lot of the mistakes with the fumbles.  I wasn’t worried about the bad throw as he finished with 71%.  No QB is perfect.

I was a little surprised on NFLN Gameday Highlights, we were a footnote on the review vs. some games were covered extensively this morning.  It doesn’t really matter, but they left out a lot of good plays in their highlights.

1 minute ago, TBBills said:

Joe attacks people for no reason. I think he wants a temp ban or something...

I think if you go back and look at WHO I give grief to, it's pretty clear why I do it. There's definitely a reason.

I hate unreasonably negative takes on Allen, and there are cartloads of that crap around here.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Thank you (+1) 4

1 minute ago, Joe in Winslow said:

I think if you go back and look at WHO I give grief to, it's pretty clear why I do it. There's definitely a reason.

I hate unreasonably negative takes on Allen, and there are cartloads of that crap around here.

I do not see attacks of posters just what they post.

• Like (+1) 3

11 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

Man I feel bad for you. You must misread stuff ALL THE TIME. If you watched the game and you didn’t say something along the lines of “what the eff was that?!?” after that throw then I’d say you’re in the vast minority. But like I said, it was one throw. He also made a lot of great throws. 71% completion percentage is very good. He looked great yesterday. Now I feel like you’re going to try to defend him again to me even though I’m not talking negative about him. Just don’t. I love Josh Allen. He’s going to have plays like the one which I will never speak of again and it’s ok

Edited by Brennan Huff
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Brennan Huff said:

Man I feel bad for you. You must misread stuff ALL THE TIME. If you watched the game and you didn’t say something along the lines of “what the eff was that?!?” after that throw then I’d say you’re in the vast minority. But like I said, it was one throw. He also made a lot of great throws. 71% completion percentage is very good. He looked great yesterday. Now I feel like you’re going to try to defend him again to me even though I’m talking negative about him. Just don’t. I love Josh Allen. He’s going to have plays like the one which I will never speak of again and it’s ok

You ever post in the GDT? Just curious.

Just now, Joe in Winslow said:

Did you happen to notice the multiple people who said Allen was looking TERRIBLE yesterday?

Not my words, theirs. 

I did see a few. If Josh has that same game every game for the rest of the season, then we’re probably winning the division IMO. Yes the throw was bad and boy do I wish he’d hold on to the ball tighter, but to me he looked like a QB that’s ready to take the next step yesterday 

• Like (+1) 3

Just now, Brennan Huff said:

I did see a few. If Josh has that same game every game for the rest of the season, then we’re probably winning the division IMO. Yes the throw was bad and boy do I wish he’d hold on to the ball tighter, but to me he looked like a QB that’s ready to take the next step yesterday 

Agree there. That's not an unreasonable take.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, machine gun kelly said:

Seemed like a solid write up, and there was more good than bad from Allen.  They knocked the rust off so hopefully we won’t see a lot of the mistakes with the fumbles.  I wasn’t worried about the bad throw as he finished with 71%.  No QB is perfect.

I was a little surprised on NFLN Gameday Highlights, we were a footnote on the review vs. some games were covered extensively this morning.  It doesn’t really matter, but they left out a lot of good plays in their highlights.

I dunno....he fumbles a lot and I don't think it has to do with rust...he needs to learn how to hold on to the ball more firmly when he is running with it...he should call Tiki Barber...he had a big fumbling issue early in his career and then corrected it and rarely fumbled after that.