Great quote about Allen by Stefon Diggs

Logic

Compare the personalities of the QB's drafted in 2018:

Josh - Energy, loves to play, a natural leader, a competitor that his teammates will run through a wall for.

Sam D - Seems like a likable guy, but hard to tell if he has that competitive drive because Coaching & team situation is so bad.

Josh R - Does he have a personality?

Baker M - Arrogant, his "me first" attitude wears very thin, and it shows on the field.

Lamar J - Being in a perfect situation has helped him take ful advantage of his athleticism, full of energy and passion, and better passer than was given credit for

I'll take the guys (Josh A and Lamar J) with the natural athleticism, humility--other's first perspective, and passion over the "maybe" more talented people any day in any draft.

• Like (+1) 5

5 hours ago, mannc said:

Phil Simms said something similar in the postgame...”You can tell JA loves to play football.. that’s what you want in your franchise QB.”   

Darnold OTH, looks like he’d rather be anywhere else...

Than the Jets? Who can blame him.....

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, CSBill said:

Compare the personalities of the QB's drafted in 2018:

Josh - Energy, loves to play, a natural leader, a competitor that his teammates will run through a wall for.

Sam D - Seems like a likable guy, but hard to tell if he has that competitive drive because Coaching & team situation is so bad.

Josh R - Does he have a personality?

Baker M - Arrogant, his "me first" attitude wears very thin, and it shows on the field.

Lamar J - Being in a perfect situation has helped him take ful advantage of his athleticism, full of energy and passion, and better passer than was given credit for

I'll take the guys (Josh A and Lamar J) with the natural athleticism, humility--other's first perspective, and passion over the "maybe" more talented people any day in any draft.

Of those 5 it's been pretty evident for a while now Its Allen and Jackson who are the ones you'd follow into battle any day of the week . 

Rosen would ruin a night out with Freddie Mercury. It's his face. Who has confidence in that? Darnold's pretty similar. He always looks like he found a fiver but lost a tenner but playing under Gase will do that to anyone.

Baker just seems like a little prick. 

Edited by BritBill
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Utah John said:

I am impressed by the professional and committed way Diggs has practiced and played.  Absolutely not a diva.  Whoever said that about him when he was a Viking had the wrong picture.

And some of us said it at the time. Diggs is passionate. He is a winner and he wants to win. He gives his all on every single play and when he sees a teammate who he thinks isn't he is going to let them know about it. I can see how that was mistaken for being a diva.... but he really isn't. He is much closer to Kyle Williams than TO.

• Like (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, zow2 said:

Makes you wonder what Diggs saw in Kirk Cousins that he disliked so much.  They really didn’t seem to have the best relationship off the field.  Cousins does seem like a phony...I saw his act in DC, 

Nothing. There was no issue between them. Diggs said so himself in his players tribune article. Cousins was one of the first guys who texted him after the trade to wish him well. People jumped on Diggs and Cousins walking off a field in animated discussion with each other about a play that didn't work. We have already seen that from Diggs and Allen in camp. That is who Diggs is. It isn't diva behaviour. It is a guy who wants to be better and wants everyone around him to be better. I have coached soccer I have worked with players like that. You want them around you because as a coach they help you set the standard. When we saw in the past Kyle Williams on his feet in the bench area chewing out defensive players who weren't doing their job well enough did we call Kyle a diva? Or is it different when it is a defensive lineman.....?

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

This aspect of Josh's personality is starting to get talked about around the league. 

The CBS studio analysts said something to that affect yesterday (about his attitude / love of the game) and were very positive about it...

20 minutes ago, zow2 said:

Makes you wonder what Diggs saw in Kirk Cousins that he disliked so much.  They really didn’t seem to have the best relationship off the field.  Cousins does seem like a phony...I saw his act in DC, 

As I read it, Diggs "beef" (if you can call it that) with Cousins was that he was "Captain Checkdown" and didn't throw the long ball enough.   He's in the perfect spot now with Josh and the Bills...

Edited by Lurker

From day 1 when Josh stepped onto the football field to take the snaps there was a different energy about this team. Not only he does the offense rally around him, but the defense seems to rally around him as well. He gives you everything he's got on every play. It's contagious. You see it and you can feel it. The whole vibe of the team changed once he lined up under Center.