Last one on the Jets game. Gang Green envious and praising Allen

Chandler#81

A lot of posts want to give credit to the Bills' receivers and the Bills for building support around Allen.  I like what the Bills are doing with Allen and I'm pretty happy with his play.  There were about four plays between the Bills and a score on the north side of forty, the two fumbles and the two wild passes.  It was interesting that the fumbles came on plays were Allen was making inside runs with lots of traffic and contact.  The Bills may want to rethink about when and where they want Allen running even more than looking at how much they have him run.  I don't know that there is any way to eliminate the occasional wild throw, except to hope that with time and experience, Josh can calm down more and that will reduce the wildness.  In any case, the Bills are better off with a QB like Allen who can move the ball at will making a ton of good decisions and throws than a no talent game manager.

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Reading their boards, they have decent takes for fans in their position. Pretty much: Burn it down and put it in Joe Douglas's hands.

My only knock is cutting bait on Darnold too soon. But after 3 years in that dumpster fire, I'm not sure he'll be salvageable. Too bad, too. Kid had talent and potential.

If you think about it, of the 5 QBs taken in the first round, only two ended up in stable team management situations; Allen and Jackson. I don't think it is a coincidence that those are the two that have had the best success thus far.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Westside Madness said:

If you think about it, of the 5 QBs taken in the first round, only two ended up in stable team management situations; Allen and Jackson. I don't think it is a coincidence that those are the two that have had the best success thus far.

Mayfield wasn't in a stable situation his rookie year and did well.    Darnold, sure.

Just took a stroll through their forums; I should be above this but am thoroughly enjoying a rival's misery.

I don't know what % of their fanbase that message board represents but general sentiment: grim. No sugar coating it, no optimism. They know they have a bottom tier NFL roster, and they're (almost) proud to admit it.

The thread for Gase supporters was worth the price of admission (IMO).

5 minutes ago, Doc said:

Mayfield wasn't in a stable situation his rookie year and did well.    Darnold, sure.

I wasn't looking at one year, but thanks.

Mayfield, Darnold, and Rosen all experienced dysfunction/turnover at the GM and or HC/coaching staff level and I would grade their 'success' (over 2 years and YTD) as markedly below Jackson and Allen. 

Edited to correct "3 years"

Edited by Westside Madness
  • Like (+1) 1