Last one on the Jets game. Gang Green envious and praising Allen

Chandler#81

6 hours ago, jeremy2020 said:

You're dense. The poster you're talking about there, SAR, is a long time ongoing caricature of some of their posters. One a note, Bills fans, be better, because we should be better than the Jets, Dolphins and Pats fans. Stop going there and posting stupid sh*t, getting trolled then getting all upset. 

I'm dense?  I already called him an acted character.

Edited by Hapless Bills Fan

4 hours ago, finn said:

You can see in this Jets thread the narrative that's just now forming and will be everywhere soon: Allen is good only because he's surrounded by talent, with no acknowledgment that last two years he had mediocre talent around him (on offense). He can't win. 

A surprising number of Jets fans are choosing to go with admitting that their team just sucks that much worse than Allen to keep the "Allen sucks" narrative alive.

Burning their own house down to kill a spider.

• Like (+1) 1

12 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

Fun read. I’m partial to the posts from their long time members, but overall they wish they had Allen.

https://forums.jetnation.com/topic/153919-lets-give-josh-allen-credit/

Dumb/Funny Posts:

1. "I'll give him credit for being a bad QB on a good team with a good coach" - HawkeyeJet (7,914 Reputation)

2. "No. He doesn't have Gase for a play caller." - TNJet (6,972 Reputation)

3. "On a bright note C19 May shut the season early. Week two would be good." - BurnleyJet (8,109 Reputation)

4. "I'm not a believer in Josh Allen. I think he's garbage and today has done nothing to change that opinion. But today he far outplayed Sammy and Sammy should be VERY concerned about that." - NYJ1 (1,247 Reputation)

5. "I'll give him credit tomorrow. Until then the Bills can go f*** themselves. And so can the Jets." - Spoot-Face (17,720 Reputation)

He's getting some decent credit, but damn if I don't feel a little for Jets fans right now. Some of those posts remind me of those on the boards during the 17 year playoff drought... Still a relief we're not at that point anymore.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

I read about 50 of the 73 or so pages of their gameday thread. I love seeing the progression of emotions from hopeful arrogance to crushing depression and defeat. Sadly, reading many of the comments does ring back to several years where we were in that boat.

SARs did show up toward the end of the thread saying something about how the victory means nothing, we should have beaten them by more and Allen will injured in the next week or two, etc.

• Haha (+1) 1

38 minutes ago, Westside Madness said:

I read about 50 of the 73 or so pages of their gameday thread. I love seeing the progression of emotions from hopeful arrogance to crushing depression and defeat. Sadly, reading many of the comments does ring back to several years where we were in that boat.

SARs did show up toward the end of the thread saying something about how the victory means nothing, we should have beaten them by more and Allen will injured in the next week or two, etc.

🤦‍♂️

I find it more hilarious when multiple posters here are quoting all the salty garbage from douchebag.com. The infamous SAR 1 chalked it up to a bad day for Darnold and Gase. Dude may be out of touch with reality, but I gotta give that cheerleader credit for 2 things. 1). He's loyal to his team 2) Always a good laugh reading his justifications for the Jets' failures

11 hours ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Hopefully this is the last time we compare Allen to below average QB play like Darnold and others. We need to expect a higher standard if he's to take us where we want to go. It's fun to watch the growth.

Yes, I would much rather be able to legitimately compare him to Mahomes and Lamar. The guys we need to beat the next few years to get to the top.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, foreboding said:

Yes, I would much rather be able to legitimately compare him to Mahomes and Lamar. The guys we need to beat the next few years to get to the top.

Indeed. Looks like Manziel is getting a reprieve over in Cleveland. Manziel had far less to work with than Mayfield

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Steptide said:

Honestly, if I'm a jets fan I'd be out of my mind. That team looks so bad. They had one lucky break on that td catch, but man they look absolutely pathetic 

I'd say that takes us back to the Jauron days, so I can't feel too bad for em

Edited by buffalo2218
  • Haha (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Steptide said:

Honestly, if I'm a jets fan I'd be out of my mind. That team looks so bad. They had one lucky break on that td catch, but man they look absolutely pathetic 

Reading their boards, they have decent takes for fans in their position. Pretty much: Burn it down and put it in Joe Douglas's hands.

My only knock is cutting bait on Darnold too soon. But after 3 years in that dumpster fire, I'm not sure he'll be salvageable. Too bad, too. Kid had talent and potential.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

To both comments, these narratives were on display prior to them being Drafted. 

*Darnold is the most Pro ready

*Allen has great upside

Both are correct and were then. What these assessments have actually translated to is that we’ve now seen the best Darnold is ever going to be and must be surrounded by great talent to truly succeed. Allen STILL hasn’t crested and his team continues to add better pieces. 

I disagree with a poster upstream who stated Josh would be a mess were he selected by the Jets. Josh Allen’s belief in his abilities and desire to win would be evident if he were a Jet. He doesn’t take losing well at all, regardless of his coaches or surrounding team.

Totally agree Chandler.

I remember shortly after the '18 draft hearing from two of the hosts on NFL Radio something to the extent, "I'm worried about Allen. He needs to be developed but I'm afraid Buffalo is the team that drafted a QB that has the least available resources to help him develop." In actuality, that was true his first year:

- A 3 way QB competition in camp so he didn't get reps as the known starter (plus he lost the competition to Peterman).

- A QB coach who had been a WR coach for many years and had no history of developing a QB.

- A not very good OC.

- A defensively minded Head Coach.

- No veteran backup to mentor him until DA was brought in mid-season.

- A horrible OLine.

- Horrible receivers.

McDermott and Beane have steadily fixed all of these problems while New Jersey has not.

• Like (+1) 1

If Allen hits John Brown in the end zone, the entire media would be touting his 3 passing TD 330 yard game.  Instead we still get “yeah but he misses an open receiver.”

I’m really proud of the strides Josh has made... and I’m so pumped about the team that McBeane has built. Fun to watch. Just need Josh to continue improving... and will be interesting to see how he handles tougher defenses. Last year, he seemed a bit lost against good teams. Hopefully this is his coming out party!